Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #3,213 of 4,807
Considering that you owned the u12t before, what made you choose the ie900 over them in the long run?
I had a U12t a few years back now. Since then I've realised I only really click with dynamic drivers for bass. I also own a Sony Z1R.

Feb 11, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #3,214 of 4,807
Apologies if this has been covered above, I did a search and couldn't find a complete answer, only individual suggestions. Is there a list anywhere of aftermarket/upgrade cables that definitely fit the ie900? None of my 4.4 or 3.5 cables (Westone/Andromeda/Fiio) fit the 900's rather odd MMCX connection. Thanks.
One answer - if I flip off the red/blue circlets on the MMCX connectors of my Fiio cables, they then fit the ie900 (though I'll have to guess which is right and left...)

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #3,215 of 4,807
Apologies if this has been covered above, I did a search and couldn't find a complete answer, only individual suggestions. Is there a list anywhere of aftermarket/upgrade cables that definitely fit the ie900? None of my 4.4 or 3.5 cables (Westone/Andromeda/Fiio) fit the 900's rather odd MMCX connection. Thanks.
I just received my Plus Sound cable for my IE300s last night. The fit seems perfect! Better than other cables I've tried (Satin Audio and EA Conx). Just specify IE300/IE900 when you purchase.

Feb 11, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #3,216 of 4,807
This has opened my mind to a wireless future. Considering in the next few years we will have lossless Bluetooth or another wireless standard, even as it stands now playing lossy aac, this sounds 95% as good as wired imo.
Unbelievable how far things have come. I’ve got a wireless IE900 and it’s blowing my mind.
James, could I ask you to elaborate on that a little please? It looks super-interesting, especially for the asking price.

I assume they are the UTWS 5 version?
No problems with the MMCX connections?
Do the IE 900 fit into the UTWS 5 case when still connected?
What resolution music were/are you playing?
Listening to Doof-doof or something, ahem, a little more refined? (with apologies to doofheads :scream::k701smile:
For example, it would be very easy to see how MP3 could be 95% as good, but if we are talking standard 16-44 Res then that really is a game changer......and if Hi Res up to 24-96 for the UTWS 5) then that's almost game over at 95%.

I can see a really good application of those for me: in my woodwork shed it can be quite noisy when I am sanding with a vac going as well, and this can be for extended periods of time. With that system you've shown I could probably put a pair of ear defenders (-28dB) over them and have minimal interference. (I'm assuming that the plastic shell and foam of the defenders wouldn't interfere with the Bluetooth signal)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #3,217 of 4,807
Whilst you have your lovely Mitutoyo vernier there, could I also trouble you for the length of the nozzle please (no need for a pic - just the number)? It seems that it's longer than usual and can create tip problems.
No problem! Love using the Mitutoyo caliper :smile:
Length of nozzle is 3.80mm (that's the closest I can get it). Here's a pic so we don't have misunderstanding of what I'm measuring.

IMG_8475_resize.jpg

Feb 12, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #3,220 of 4,807
Flagship battle!

Ier-Z1R vs ie900

The result is hard to tell. Both have clarity impressive sound and wide soundstage. Ie900 surprise me with one driver but it sound like they have more than one driver. In the other hand ier-Z1R still beat with more driver Performance because when you listen to a lot Music brand like Orquesta it definitely tell you Which directionwhere Sound coming from. But don't get me wrong they both are awesome.

I think I have to keep them both for some reason. Anyways have fun listening to the music guys happy weekend!

273510172_4138490432920153_8380335475011439153_n.jpg

Feb 12, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #3,222 of 4,807
Do you think owning both the z1r and ie900 as redundant?
No, because they serve different use cases. IE 900 is all-day comfort and EDC, Z1R is more sophisticated, powerful, luxurious for focused listening sessions (and plugged into bigger amps). They also have a somewhat complementary sound, and some of the best bass/treble of any IEMs on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back