Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jul 4, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,591 of 4,859
Do you have a link for these please?
Just being nosy: you going to have one of your Cardas clear cables re-terminated?

FWIW, I ended up ordering a custom cable from Plussound a couple days ago. Nothing exotic in terms of wire....that may come later for the hell of it, and if I do that, I'll likely call upon the good Doc Juggles.

Jul 4, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #1,592 of 4,859
Thanks, I order most of my accessories from HK if they're not on Amazon.

Just being nosy: you going to have one of your Cardas clear cables re-terminated?

FWIW, I ended up ordering a custom cable from Plussound a couple days ago. Nothing exotic in terms of wire....that may come later for the hell of it, and if I do that, I'll likely call upon the good Doc Juggles.
No I don't, I sold one of them with my Fourte (the 1960s version) but still have the 1950s with my Legend X. Was going to reteminate the 1960s but decided to give the stock cable a good run first. If need be I'll get another from @doctorjuggles down the line. Meanwhile I may get a set of those 2-pin to mmcx connectors so I can roll the Cardas Clear on the IE900.

They have so many types. Which are the right ones? 🤔

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #1,593 of 4,859
Jul 4, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #1,596 of 4,859
Jul 4, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #1,597 of 4,859
Stunning collaboration between Esmerine from Canada and a selection of Turkish guests. Cello, marimba, trumpet, banjo, and a whole host of other instruments to include many from Turkey I've never heard of make for an incredibly captivating listen. The busy passages can be quite dramatic but never cause challenge for the IE900 - some really stunning percussion. Amazing album.

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #1,598 of 4,859
Stunning collaboration between Esmerine from Canada and a selection of Turkish guests. Cello, marimba, trumpet, banjo, and a whole host of other instruments to include many from Turkey I've never heard of make for an incredibly captivating listen. The busy passages can be quite dramatic but never cause challenge for the IE900 - some really stunning percussion. Amazing album.

That’s cool! You can really hear the Turkish influence, adds a touch of the exotic and dramatic. I saw it’s on a few other services as well:

https://song.link/i/687790840
1625414363433.png

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #1,599 of 4,859
Ok, in regards to my last post, after 8 official business days when I was 100% assured they already got the package at least according to my tracking #, and after I called CS and got a ticket #, I forgot to mention before they will said they will send you an email if they have received the package, roughly 35 hours later at 3am in the morning they sent an email only july 3rd said they would be issuing a refund back to my bank acc/credit card since they have "received" the package within the refund period.

On a July 4th weekend... Roughly 10 Business days as oppose to the 5-7 Business days stated in the first email, but won't know for sure if I haven't called them after 7 Business days.

Still haven't actually received the refund yet, but I will give it a few more days due to the July 4th weekend. Once I get the refund, I will tell you guys about if the shipping cost gets refunded as well or not. I don't know if what I have typed will serve much on how to get a refund from DR. But the refund process so far isn't exactly bad, just below average I guess.

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #1,601 of 4,859

Oh, really nice! Love this one. Thanks for the share! 🙌

Jul 4, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #1,602 of 4,859
Cable rolling today :) the Effect Audio ConX connectors fit nicely
0C54DAAC-497F-4212-B1B8-09310B35E211.jpeg

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #1,604 of 4,859
so after one week some more impressions, especially in comparison to the IE300.
As I wrote before the IE900 is a better, more refinded IE300. In the beginning I thought I would be fine without EQ. That changed:
I think the IE900 is overdone in the treble. To a lesser degree than the IE300 but still it is too much in terms of sheer quantity. Don't get me wrong the treble is amazingly resolving but there is just too much of it. It is distracting in the sense that it stands out the most compared to the bass and mids. I need to bring it down by 2,5-5dB to integrate well with the rest. And there is still plenty of it after EQ.
I don't know what exactly it is but after 1h or so it is still a bit fatiguing.
The bass is a about as perfect as it gets for me. Zero complaints here. The upper mids are laidback, I'm surprised that it is not a problem. I tried EQ more upper mids but everytime I couldn't decide if I liked it better that way or not

This is an expensive set, I hoped that I don't need EQ. If I need to use EQ I also can EQ the IE300 some more. Remove some bloat, boost the mids a bit and it brings it closer to the IE900. Well the treble is still a bit better on the IE900. I'm not so sure there is a huge difference in technicalities between the EQed IE300 and IE900.

That leaves me a bit torn if it really is worth the price premium over the IE300.

Other than that I really enjoy that effortless, coherent and spacious (for an IEM) sound delivery. This made me actually abandon all my BA and hybrid sets and I'm becoming a fan of pure DD IEMs

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #1,605 of 4,859
so after one week some more impressions, especially in comparison to the IE300.
As I wrote before the IE900 is a better, more refinded IE300. In the beginning I thought I would be fine without EQ. That changed:
I think the IE900 is overdone in the treble. To a lesser degree than the IE300 but still it is too much in terms of sheer quantity. Don't get me wrong the treble is amazingly resolving but there is just too much of it. It is distracting in the sense that it stands out the most compared to the bass and mids. I need to bring it down by 2,5-5dB to integrate well with the rest. And there is still plenty of it after EQ.
I don't know what exactly it is but after 1h or so it is still a bit fatiguing.
The bass is a about as perfect as it gets for me. Zero complaints here. The upper mids are laidback, I'm surprised that it is not a problem. I tried EQ more upper mids but everytime I couldn't decide if I liked it better that way or not

This is an expensive set, I hoped that I don't need EQ. If I need to use EQ I also can EQ the IE300 some more. Remove some bloat, boost the mids a bit and it brings it closer to the IE900. Well the treble is still a bit better on the IE900. I'm not so sure there is a huge difference in technicalities between the EQed IE300 and IE900.

That leaves me a bit torn if it really is worth the price premium over the IE300.

Other than that I really enjoy that effortless, coherent and spacious (for an IEM) sound delivery. This made me actually abandon all my BA and hybrid sets and I'm becoming a fan of pure DD IEMs
Great impressions. Out of interest have you done any tip rolling? For example to a tip with a narrower bore than may reduce treble energy. I've often found across various IEMs that I prefer to tweak the sound using tips rather than EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back