Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jul 1, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #1,546 of 4,859
Yet again another failed driver and this issue isn't just IE900 related. It's also the same story with the IE300's. There's something inherently wrong with this design for a huge company with so much experience in the field to have this issue repeated over and over again.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,547 of 4,859
Yet again another failed driver and this issue isn't just IE900 related. It's also the same story with the IE300's. There's something inherently wrong with this design for a huge company with so much experience in the field to have this issue repeated over and over again.
Every product has ones that fail. The question is how many to determine if it's a big problem. Too early to say it's design, could be manufacturing.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #1,548 of 4,859
Apparently the IE300's were all one batch at manufacturing so not that. Seems to me design or bad components. We're only hearing about ones on here but if you look elsewhere there's more, then there's the ones that aren't reported on online channels. Apparently just "bad luck".

I wouldn't want to drop £1200 on some IEM's to fail outside warranty and be told I've had a run of bad luck.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #1,550 of 4,859
Yeah I'm not trying to spoil anyone's party that have bought these, or bad-mouth Sennheiser. I just think they potentially have a huge issue on their hands that needs looked at.

People buy German cars because of their "superior" build quality and excellent reliability and when those expectations are shattered it doesn't reflect well.

I've had two sets of IE300's fail now. Returned and won't buy again. My IE100's are still rocking away (tried & tested design).

It's a simple design, what can possibly go wrong! 🤣

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,551 of 4,859
I'm trying to decide between these and the MEST MKII, any thoughts? These do seem way more comfortable, but I must say I'm a bit worried about the compatibility with aftermarket cables/bluetooth adapters with the IE900.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,552 of 4,859
I'm trying to decide between these and the MEST MKII, any thoughts? These do seem way more comfortable, but I must say I'm a bit worried about the compatibility with aftermarket cables/bluetooth adapters with the IE900.
I've been on the hunt for a new cable, and it seems they can be procured....if you feel like being a bit of a guinea pig. IMO, if spending more than a nominal amount (whatever that may mean to you), stick with well-known, reputable cable makers who will stand behind their product and take a no-hassle return if the MMCX connector doesn't work **flawlessly** (I worry some of these standard MMCX will work, but maybe not fit as solidly as they should, thus maybe leading to problems down the road).

I've been in contact with several cable makers, and lemme tell you, the piss poor responsiveness from boutique artisans in this hobby is something I had forgotten about, hahahaha. I've had several who refuse to respond; I've had a very highly thought of U.S. vendor literally just shrug and say "you need to ask [cable maker]" when I asked vendor (who sells cable-maker's products, to be clear) for help facilitating a response precisely because cable maker was unresponsive! LMAO. Customer service is so lacking, and this vendor gets repeated love at head-fi all over the place.

Good luck if you want something of high quality immediately. Personally, I'm gonna recede and wait it out.

--------------------

I'm also bummed to see the problems users over the last few pages have experienced. Hope it all gets sorted. I bought from an authorized U.S. audio shop (NOT the one above, LMAO), and I am confident I'd be taken care of if an issue arises.

I am still extremely happy with my IE 900 purchase. I do not miss BA timbre! YMMV, depends on the implementation, yada yada yada, LOL.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #1,553 of 4,859
I've been buying Comply for so long that when I found these in the IEM closet, I have no recollection of ever purchasing them. Does anyone recognize these? I'd love to find some more.

Does anyone recognize these cushions?

1625171562350.png

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #1,554 of 4,859
I've been buying Comply for so long that when I found these in the IEM closet, I have no recollection of ever purchasing them. Does anyone recognize these? I'd love to find some more.

Does anyone recognize these cushions?

They look like the old version of Comply T series in white.

1625174490437.png

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #1,557 of 4,859

Got this recommended in another forum.
Some kind of experimental minimal techno. Although this description is not sufficient. Playfull, experimental, intelligent.
Superb production. An absolute treat with the IE900.

This thread is awesome for music recommendations 😂 I don’t even own an IE900 but my Odin certainly approves.

Jul 2, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,558 of 4,859

Got this recommended in another forum.
Some kind of experimental minimal techno. Although this description is not sufficient. Playfull, experimental, intelligent.
Superb production. An absolute treat with the IE900.

Stimming's new album is brilliant - his DJ sets are always well put together and it has carried over to this album. Well worth a listen!

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,560 of 4,859
Ok, I just contacted CS. I typed in my original order #... I told them I still haven't gotten a refund after officially 100% sure 8 business days. They asked for my tracking #. I thought they meant my RMA #... Nope it was actually my tracking # for the package I sent using my carrier. Lucky I still had that. gave them it, Then they asked for my carrier's name, gave them that.

They did go and head back to to contact their "warehouse first". Then they gave me a ticket #. The RMA # was useless in this whole talk...

I hope I get my refund now... As for the shipping that I paid... that 10$~ in shipping cost... I don't know if I will get it back like they said I would in the original call. I will tell you guys if I get my refund once I get or not. And possible shipping cost back... Whether you guys have to argue for a shipping label in the beginning or not, even thought it is under warranty/ refund period you guys will know. I will tell you guys.

Ugh i was hopping this wouldn't of happened due to me spending $1300+$115.32 in taxes for a very premium product using all my spare cash I had at the time. Unlike the guy on top I didn't even get to use my IE 900 for a month... I used it for 5 hours before the right driver started frizzing, yes I went through technical they also recommended me trying to take my right ear bud and putting it on my left wire... Did not work... My left ear bud worked with both sides.
Thank you for your detailed description of the issue. We’ve been reporting these comments and details to our engineers, who were able to narrow the problem down to two possible scenarios—both of which are immediately noticeable and extremely low in probability. We’ll continue to screen this thread and assist anyone who requires it, meanwhile closely examining the returned units to clarify the situation.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing the IE 900.

No, the question is 2 out of how many have been sold, not just what's mentioned on this thread. What's the highest serial number one has gotten so far?
We are not ready to give exact numbers at this time, but we have sold thousands of IE 900 and even more IE 300, and there have been extremely low numbers of warranty cases. With that said, we do take concerns and investigations into returned units into careful consideration. The two customers from New York and France would also be working with different service centers in order to address the concerns as efficiently as possible.

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back