Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 30, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,531 of 4,853
To late, I actually reached out to warranty first, when I told them what happen, they ask if I would like to check technical first, since I was a noob, I was guessing it might have been my fault. So I went through everything technical had to say turns out mines were defective... they sent me back to CS then CS sent me back to warranty... then Warranty told me it might be faster to RMA since i got the product just yesterday. I don't think they had replacements on hand due to the nature it being the ie 900's being all new and shiny. So I agreed.

Then Warranty sent me to DR... DR told me I had to pay for return cost myself... I was like what... they "said" They would pay back my shipping cost... Which in my head at that time doubt... I still doubt. According to my tracking # for my return package it should have arrive at 11am-noon at sennhesier CT... this was on monday 6/21... They said in the email it may take up to 5-7 businesses day for your refund to arrive... once package is received... It has been 7 business days... I still see no refund as of 6/30... Hell I haven't even gotten any updates at all... during this entire return process

I wasn't actually planning on returning these at all... I went to warranty TWICE trying to get replacements... somehow they sent/got me to return the thing... I was hoping these would be problem free since they their newest top of the line product and cost me all my spare $$$ I had at the time...

Before I brought the IE 900 I read through the entire 70+ pages of this forum and the Q&A by the product developer all 10 pages of it... I believed in the product developer thinking these would last a decade at least... I was even hoping I wouldn't actually have to go back to DR... RIP. IE 900 S/N 1770... I only got to know you for 5 hours before you started fizzing in and out on my right ear piece. I was like no this can't be happening please just let it be my computer/laptop/iphone dongle/Tablet not being strong enough to drive it... But I knew that shouldn't be the case when I remember specifically the Product developer on this forum saying it is good enough to use with a iphone dongle...

I hate Digital River.
If it's been more than 7 days, you have to call them back and ask for your refund. When you call them they're going to tell you they have to verify with their "warehouse first." Not sure why that doesn't happen automatically but they usually wait for the customer to call back and complain about the refund to take any action. This happened to me more than once. Make sure you get a ticket/inquiry number. Otherwise, they're going to tell you your inquiry is not in the system. This also happened to me.

Don't know why Sennheiser continues to use Digital River. They are the worst distributor.
All I'm asking is just send me a darn replacement unit for a defective set, and they make you go through all this trouble just to get a replacement. It's sad.

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #1,532 of 4,853
I hate Digital River.
If it's been more than 7 days, you have to call them back and ask for your refund. When you call them they're going to tell you they have to verify with their "warehouse first." Not sure why that doesn't happen automatically but they usually wait for the customer to call back and complain about the refund to take any action. This happened to me more than once. Make sure you get a ticket/inquiry number. Otherwise, they're going to tell you your inquiry is not in the system. This also happened to me.

Don't know why Sennheiser continues to use Digital River. They are the worst distributor.
All I'm asking is just send me a darn replacement unit for a defective set, and they make you go through all this trouble just to get a replacement. It's sad.
Might, I ask which number did you call? This one on this page? https://en-us.sennheiser.com/returns-cancellations
The original number I called was on my invoice page they sent with the ie 900 which brought me to a robo that had me choose between CS/Warranty etc, that I choose warranty on. It wasn't the same one on that page from returns.
But the id of that # when i called was from old lyme, ct.

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,533 of 4,853
Welp, unfortunately I have initiated the return process for my pair. While I certainly appreciate the technical qualities especially in such a small package from a small driver, I found the fit hard to achieve a great seal all the time, and even when I did, the sound signature just wasn't for me, presenting as a quite a bit "brighter" than I was expecting.

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #1,534 of 4,853
To late, I actually reached out to warranty first, when I told them what happen, they ask if I would like to check technical first, since I was a noob, I was guessing it might have been my fault. So I went through everything technical had to say turns out mines were defective... they sent me back to CS then CS sent me back to warranty... then Warranty told me it might be faster to RMA since i got the product just yesterday. I don't think they had replacements on hand due to the nature it being the ie 900's being all new and shiny. So I agreed.

Then Warranty sent me to DR... DR told me I had to pay for return cost myself... I was like what... they "said" They would pay back my shipping cost... Which in my head at that time doubt... I still doubt. According to my tracking # for my return package it should have arrive at 11am-noon at sennhesier CT... this was on monday 6/21... They said in the email it may take up to 5-7 businesses day for your refund to arrive... once package is received... It has been 7 business days... I still see no refund as of 6/30... Hell I haven't even gotten any updates at all... during this entire return process

I wasn't actually planning on returning these at all... I went to warranty TWICE trying to get replacements... somehow they sent/got me to return the thing... I was hoping these would be problem free since they their newest top of the line product and cost me all my spare $$$ I had at the time...

Before I brought the IE 900 I read through the entire 70+ pages of this forum and the Q&A by the product developer all 10 pages of it... I believed in the product developer thinking these would last a decade at least... I was even hoping I wouldn't actually have to go back to DR... RIP. IE 900 S/N 1770... I only got to know you for 5 hours before you started fizzing in and out on my right ear piece. I was like no this can't be happening please just let it be my computer/laptop/iphone dongle/Tablet not being strong enough to drive it... But I knew that shouldn't be the case when I remember specifically the Product developer on this forum saying it is good enough to use with a iphone dongle...
That sounds like an absolute nightmare. I really feel for you.

It's too bad Sennheiser chose Digital River for fulfillment in North America. While I've not had an explicitly bad experience with them, I've always been aware of their extremely low customer satisfaction ratings on BBB, Trustpilot, reviews.io, etc. My own experience with their interactions has been cold, clinical, and clumsy, at best.

Hang in there through this. The IE900's are worth it to finally get into your hands. It'd be nice to see you enjoy it through this long journey. :beerchug:

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #1,535 of 4,853
Might, I ask which number did you call? This one on this page? https://en-us.sennheiser.com/returns-cancellations
The original number I called was on my invoice page they sent with the ie 900 which brought me to a robo that had me choose between CS/Warranty etc, that I choose warranty on. It wasn't the same one on that page from returns.
But the id of that # when i called was from old lyme, ct.

Should be 952 253 1234. Hope your situation gets resolved in a prompt manner. I hate when companies are quick to take your money then leave you hanging with crappy customer service post purchase. There's a reason why Amazon dominates the retail/e-commerce industry.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #1,536 of 4,853
:scream: Just a bit more than one month, I was using the IE900 nearly daily between 4 and 8 hours at office or night.... and !!!!!!!! since this morning, the left driver seems to be almost out of order .. :smiling_imp: ... It's not a cable issue as this malfunction also happens when I reverse left and right cables.. left driver has definitely an internal issue.
Back to my IER-Z1R and I will be obliged to test the Sennheiser warranty ...
I have just contacted digitalriver by mail .. and I will see what happens.
The answer of digital river is that their online shop can't help me and I have to contact https://fr-fr.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #1,537 of 4,853
:scream: Just a bit more than one month, I was using the IE900 nearly daily between 4 and 8 hours at office or night.... and !!!!!!!! the left driver seems to be almost out of order .. :smiling_imp: ...
Back to my IER-Z1R and I will be obliged to test the Sennheiser warranty ...
I have just contacted digitalriver by mail .. and I will see what happens.
Sounds like a bad dream. Similar to a German car ?

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #1,539 of 4,853
Sennheiser Support already answered to my request and I have to return.
But ... I will have to pay for the transport costs, even under warranty ????
A little bad surprise for a 1300€ device.
Let's continue the procedure and see how long it will take

I wanted to ask them what I should send them back .. only the faulty driver or the box with all accessories ?
Impossible to reach them again
The only contact mail they gave me is info@sennheiser.com and my mail is not distributed as it "only accepts messages from members of their organization or from people on their safe senders list. Your email address is not on their list."
No fun !!!

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #1,540 of 4,853
I don't think it is funny, especially after such short period of time and the amount he paid for it
"Bad dream" is never funny.

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #1,542 of 4,853
This is why, despite how hard it is, I refrain from early adopting.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #1,543 of 4,853
Ok, I just contacted CS. I typed in my original order #... I told them I still haven't gotten a refund after officially 100% sure 8 business days. They asked for my tracking #. I thought they meant my RMA #... Nope it was actually my tracking # for the package I sent using my carrier. Lucky I still had that. gave them it, Then they asked for my carrier's name, gave them that.

They did go and head back to to contact their "warehouse first". Then they gave me a ticket #. The RMA # was useless in this whole talk...

I hope I get my refund now... As for the shipping that I paid... that 10$~ in shipping cost... I don't know if I will get it back like they said I would in the original call. I will tell you guys if I get my refund once I get or not. And possible shipping cost back... Whether you guys have to argue for a shipping label in the beginning or not, even thought it is under warranty/ refund period you guys will know. I will tell you guys.

Ugh i was hopping this wouldn't of happened due to me spending $1300+$115.32 in taxes for a very premium product using all my spare cash I had at the time. Unlike the guy on top I didn't even get to use my IE 900 for a month... I used it for 5 hours before the right driver started frizzing, yes I went through technical they also recommended me trying to take my right ear bud and putting it on my left wire... Did not work... My left ear bud worked with both sides.

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,544 of 4,853
Its a shame that this excellent product is being plagued with an issue or two. I got mine from a local Sennheiser authorised retailer whom I trust 100% so I will be OK I'm sure should the worst happen.

Some issues are expected with a new product and I can see why Sennheiser are being careful with their returns process which of course can add some delays. All companies have to treat everyone as a dubious customer these days as there are so many of them out there, or allow for some losses due to theft.

I know I wouldn't be happy either though if mine broke I would miss it everyday until I got a replacement that's for sure.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #1,545 of 4,853
oh boy, so now there are two failed units out of how many people who have the IE900 in this thread?
No, the question is 2 out of how many have been sold, not just what's mentioned on this thread. What's the highest serial number one has gotten so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back