Originally Posted by lordofbahamut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
best tips for IE8, IMO it is sony hybrid silicons eartip, extremely comfortable

.....and also for isolation?

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #798 of 8,119
Quote:

best tips for IE8, IMO it is sony hybrid silicons eartip, extremely comfortable

do u mean the MDR EX90 bundled tips?
ya, this is the only type found in IE8 tips box can fit in my ear. fitting is aceptable level but isolation i think "quite poor".

i have enough experiance of using Sony EX90, thus sumthimes i prefer to use the Sony S739 bundled noice cancellation earphone when going outside.

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #799 of 8,119
I bought myself a pair of Sennheiser IE8's for Christmas, and I'm listening to them just now. All I can say is, well done Sennheiser! I have tried the Shure SE530's, the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro's, and so far I prefer the IE8s. I went through about 5 pairs of SE530's (Shure's UK customer service is top notch), and my recently acquired Triple.Fi's cannot stay in my ears longer that a minute without sliding out and breaking the seal.
The IE8's build quality is excellent, and after having them in my ears for a minute, they just seem to disappear. Something even the SE530's didn't do. With that, the only draw back I have came across is they don't isolate as well as the SE530's. Not a biggy. I listen mainly to rock, reggae, and electronic music, and the IE8's do a sterling job at handling these music. I can actually "feel" the bass. The highs are a little rolled off, but using treble booster on my iPhone, it has opened the highs up without distorting the music [I usually have my equalizer off]. All I can say is I am really enjoying these earphones, and I'm sure the highs will open up a bit more the more I burn them in.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #800 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought myself a pair of Sennheiser IE8's for Christmas, and I'm listening to them just now. All I can say is, well done Sennheiser! I have tried the Shure SE530's, the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro's, and so far I prefer the IE8s. I went through about 5 pairs of SE530's (Shure's UK customer service is top notch), and my recently acquired Triple.Fi's cannot stay in my ears longer that a minute without sliding out and breaking the seal.
The IE8's build quality is excellent, and after having them in my ears for a minute, they just seem to disappear. Something even the SE530's didn't do. With that, the only draw back I have came across is they don't isolate as well as the SE530's. Not a biggy. I listen mainly to rock, reggae, and electronic music, and the IE8's do a sterling job at handling these music. I can actually "feel" the bass. The highs are a little rolled off, but using treble booster on my iPhone, it has opened the highs up without distorting the music [I usually have my equalizer off]. All I can say is I am really enjoying these earphones, and I'm sure the highs will open up a bit more the more I burn them in.
normal_smile .gif

All the tips isolate poorly or is it only the particular tip that fit your ear that isolates poorly?

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #802 of 8,119
Quote:

not the tips go with ex90 lol, i'm talking about ex700 tips. It is much better than then ex90 tip

ic. thanks for the tips

there are people having fitting problem here, some solution to this issue also

IE8 - Review

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #803 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossnass15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the tips isolate poorly or is it only the particular tip that fit your ear that isolates poorly?

I was thinking of rephrasing what I had said. I am able to get a proper seal, it's just maybe the type of rubber that's letting in a couple more decibels of sound, compared to the rubber tips of the SE530. The isolation is great on the IE8.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #804 of 8,119
Hello all handsome guys.

Does IE-8 suits for the female vocal?

Currently I am listening with Shure SE530, the female vocal is very warm and clear.

I listened IE-8 for three times with the same one, but both three times feeling are different. The first time was no good, soundstage is not wide enough. The second time was excellent, the instrument play very good and vocal is smooth enough. Yesterday was the third time, it was awful, it just provided the bass for me.
frown.gif

So anyone could tell me the truth?
regular_smile .gif

Thank you.
L3000.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #805 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think at this point of time IE8 is the best deal for us who are in EU countries. Fortunately I got a one day old TF10 for cheap price. Otherwise I would have settled for IE8 till W3 prices come down. The main reason stopped me opting for IE8 was the apparent treble roll off. Perhaps less Isolation too.

How much is westone 3 in UK? I got mine yesterday for $300 (2nd hand - like new)

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #806 of 8,119
I was originally debating between IE8 and Westone 3...
they seems to be in the same league...people always have their own opinion...
I finally chose westone 3 because I got a pretty good deal...$300 shipped 2nd hand bought in december 5th...
I think westone 3 look better too...the wire the design...
IE8, I dont like the grey color...isnt that eye catching and I actually prefer the design of IE7 ^ ^
anyways, I always like the top of line staff...but appearance is def one of my most important consideration together with SQ, sound signiture etc.

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #807 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think westone 3 look better too...the wire the design...
IE8, I dont like the grey color...isnt that eye catching and I actually prefer the design of IE7 ^ ^

lol when did this become a fashion show? yeah that's gonna be the next fashion trend "HI END IEMs" lol. Must have for the Winter Season

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #808 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol when did this become a fashion show? yeah that's gonna be the next fashion trend "HI END IEMs" lol. Must have for the Winter Season

Yes this is a worry, this poster is the second that I've read here that's chosen their phones by appearance. They must have fish eyes as they can see themselves wearing them!!

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #809 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
normal_smile .gif

Thank you for your input. This is most reassuring to me. One question for you, you stated that you boosted the treble, at what range(frequency) did you do this?

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #810 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes this is a worry, this poster is the second that I've read here that's chosen their phones by appearance. They must have fish eyes as they can see themselves wearing them!!

I thought that's chicken vision? or chameleon?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back