Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #8,116 of 8,119
I am using both with the lighting to 3.5 and dragonfly black 1.5 with my iPhone using Amazon HD music 24bit/44.1. At 16 ohm I don’t think a powerful amp is needed and according to independent research on the lightning to 3.5 actually have a great dac inside. The ie80s still have that unique sound stage making them headphone sounding. Details and speed are obviously lacking compare to BAs
Wait the actual lightning to 3.5 converter has a DAC? Would it not be going off the iPhone’s internal DAC and getting audio (as opposed to digital) out?

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #8,117 of 8,119
Wait the actual lightning to 3.5 converter has a DAC? Would it not be going off the iPhone’s internal DAC and getting audio (as opposed to digital) out?

Yes it has a dac. The lighting port is completely digital and it needs that digital to analog converter for the analog 3.5

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #8,119 of 8,119
I just wanted to post. Especially hearing news about Senn’s plans for its Audiophile business.

I haven’t in a long time, and never here. There was no need. All the pros and cons on the IE 8 are true and have been well documented, but it is my go to IEM even after all these years. I have the se846. I’ve tried Chi-fi, the CCA CA16 being the most recent. I still go to the IE 8. It’s because of this, when I saw a HD560s become available for my region last month, I jumped at the chance immediately. No second thoughts. It and the IE 8 just sound amazing off of Senn’s own GSX 1000 or even a Nuforce (it’s so old I can’t remember which one it is).

I think what I’m trying to say, is that because of the IE 8...If I need to update or replace it in the future because it goes kaput...which I think is unlikely after all these years, unless I accidentally step on it or something—I think I’ll be sticking to Senn’s house sound. I do understand it’s a family run corpo and will do whatever it pleases. I just hope they keep making this stuff. That’s it. I don’t even know why I‘m posting. Anyway, that’s all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back