Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 24, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #781 of 8,119
Just received my IE8s today and letting them run in for a while. I'll post a review comparing them to my Denon AH-C700s once I get some good time on them...

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #782 of 8,119
don't forget burn-in is essential for IE8, first listening gives you muddy sound, this disappears after some -significant- burn-in.
Some folks mention 50hrs, some others 100hrs, I already saw 200hrs ! ...

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #783 of 8,119
dynamic drivers always need burn in due to the coil inside between the magnets. its similar to starting a car in the cold. u gotta let it warm up before you try to push it.
wink_face.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #784 of 8,119
and do that forever. every time you listen to a dynamic, it needs to be warmed up. that can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 hours depending. for that reason, i have 5 daps constantly spinning tunes into my dynamic phones so that they are always ready to take me to bliss.

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #787 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, good thing to know I'm not the only crazy person who does the exact same thing, only with less DAPs.

Hey NajoBB, did you get your IE8s yet? Since we're both coming from C700s, I am interested in your opinion.

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #788 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and do that forever. every time you listen to a dynamic, it needs to be warmed up. that can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 hours depending. for that reason, i have 5 daps constantly spinning tunes into my dynamic phones so that they are always ready to take me to bliss.

Hi Shigzeo,

It was your review on the Victor FX-500s that prompted me to buy a pair. I liked them a lot, better than the C700s on the top end although the bass was less pronounced. I sold them because I wasn't happy with the cable construction and also to help pay for my IE8s.

I hope Victor releases an improved model; I would certainly try them again...

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #789 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwbrent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my IE8s today and letting them run in for a while. I'll post a review comparing them to my Denon AH-C700s once I get some good time on them...

21 hours and counting but they already have opened up on the top end. I tried all the fittings (great assortment!) and ended up liking my trusty Comply T-400s the best, mainly for comfort.

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #790 of 8,119
Quote:

Hey NajoBB, did you get your IE8s yet? Since we're both coming from C700s, I am interested in your opinion.

No. Unfortunately there was a problem with shipment and now I'll probably get them in January...
frown.gif

I'll post my impressions out of the box when i get them, and after some burn in of course.

EDIT: Just saw you got yours right? Interested in opinions here as well. Do post some comparison/impressions (and others that have c700). I need to kill time before mine arrive
mad.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #791 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this a joke or are you serious? Never heard this before..

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #792 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Unfortunately there was a problem with shipment and now I'll probably get them in January...
frown.gif

I'll post my impressions out of the box when i get them, and after some burn in of course.

EDIT: Just saw you got yours right? Interested in opinions here as well. Do post some comparison/impressions (and others that have c700). I need to kill time before mine arrive
mad.gif

Let me get some more time on them and then I'll do a review. Meanwhile, I'm dancing a lot which is a good sign.
wink.gif

With the Complys, the comfort is very good. I've had mine on for several hours with no problem. As for the isolation, they seem on par with the C700s. The spec sheet says up to 26db, so it is dependent on what tips you use and the shape of your ears. Isolation is not a big deal to me but I know there has been a lot of angst on this subject.

Shipping problem? What a holiday let down. I'll try and give you some good impressions so you can virtually wear yours until the real ones arrive...

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #793 of 8,119
Well, since I'm a orthodox my holidays officially begins on January 6th so there's still time...sort of. Impressions will be interesting to read, thanks.

BTW, happy holidays to you and the rest who celebrates now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #794 of 8,119
Quote:

With the Complys, the comfort is very good. I've had mine on for several hours with no problem. As for the isolation, they seem on par with the C700s....

I don't know about the C700s isolation level, can you give an example here about them.

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #795 of 8,119
please...please advise the best tips for IE8, is it Complys??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back