Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #766 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by zardos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Firoze,

Sorry I cannot suggest shops in Frankfurt.
I bought the IE8 online from amazon.de.

Thanks Zardos, I will try to find a shop in Frankfurt that sells for a good price.
Kind Regards

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #767 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A plop?? You hear plops? I don't remember any plopping from my IE8. Can you detach the cable and try the ploppy earpiece on it to check if it's the cable or the earpiece?

Okay nevermind, yesterday i found out it wasn't the buds, it was my own ear, had surgery to my ear recently, my eardrum and a middle ear bone were replaced with new ones, and it still has its issues lol.. not sure if i should feel relieved
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #768 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got my IE8, sound muddy, maybe the burn in will help, but considering the EX82, the CX300, the Atrio M5 and the Triple.fi 10, using the large foamies, they are the most comfterble IEM´s i ever owned,

i have to say, out of the box, they sound alot like the atrios, maybe a bit more refined,

So, after a few days of owning these, and probable burning these, what are your thoughts now?

When listening out of the box they sounded really muddy and too bassy to me too, but after around 40+ hours of burn-in, i must say they sound way more balanced!
The muddyness is gone for me, and at times i wonder where the bass went.

The soundstage everybody's talking about is indeed incredible..

I've went from liking these to loving them! And they'll probable grow on me more and more..

Dec 20, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #769 of 8,119
How much would it cost for full-size cans that can match these? Just wondering how they compare in terms of price : performance ratio.

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #770 of 8,119
Well I was wondering if the signature is similar to the HD6x0. Dunno though if we can really compare ...

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #772 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I might get these. How many hours burn-in do ppl recommend?

As much as you like i guess, maybe 400-500 hours. 200 hours is not enough.

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #774 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey. I've been looking into these, and was wondering... Would it be hard to break the mesh that covers up where the sounds comes out of?

Thanks.

I did this with a broken set Sennheiser cx300. You can break it with a screwdriver, than it's easy to remove. The driver on the cx300 is quit far away from it, and the IE8 has a dynamic driver too, so the part that leads to they ear should be empty there too. So yes, i can be done probably, but i would hesitate to do this operation with a set this expansive.

edit: lol, they were 'broken' because one channel lost volume. I just decided to dismount them completely because i find it interesting to see whats exactly inside it. I pushed a bit against the contacts with a screwdriver and now my volume is back
smily_headphones1.gif
So now i can compare a set cx300 with mesh and a set cx300 without mesh.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #775 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3SET /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did this with a broken set Sennheiser cx300. You can break it with a screwdriver, than it's easy to remove. The driver on the cx300 is quit far away from it, and the IE8 has a dynamic driver too, so the part that leads to they ear should be empty there too. So yes, i can be done probably, but i would hesitate to do this operation with a set this expansive.

edit: lol, they were 'broken' because one channel lost volume. I just decided to dismount them completely because i find it interesting to see whats exactly inside it. I pushed a bit against the contacts with a screwdriver and now my volume is back
smily_headphones1.gif
So now i can compare a set cx300 with mesh and a set cx300 without mesh.

Thank you for your reply. I agree, I wouldn't want to lay down £180 and then end up accidentally breaking the mesh.
tongue.gif
It's between these and the Westone 3s. The price between them is about £80. Decisions decisions..

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #776 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your reply. I agree, I wouldn't want to lay down £180 and then end up accidentally breaking the mesh.
tongue.gif
It's between these and the Westone 3s. The price between them is about £80. Decisions decisions..

I think you're just gonna have to listen to both of them! I'm looking at getting a pair of IE8s in the new year so I can have a little listen
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #777 of 8,119
I'm sure this has been brought up in this thread but if you have an American amazon account you can sign in to the amazon uk and order from there.

With the current state of the US dollar you can get these for about 260$ US dollars saving almost 200$ if you buy them from the UK amazon site compared with the American amazon site.

I'm in America and have ordered a number of items from the amazon UK site and if you are amazon prime member you can still usually get free shipping that gets to you in well under a week from the UK.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but I have not read through the entire 50 pages of this thread.

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #778 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure this has been brought up in this thread but if you have an American amazon account you can sign in to the amazon uk and order from there.

With the current state of the US dollar you can get these for about 260$ US dollars saving almost 200$ if you buy them from the UK amazon site compared with the American amazon site.

I'm in America and have ordered a number of items from the amazon UK site and if you are amazon prime member you can still usually get free shipping that gets to you in well under a week from the UK.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but I have not read through the entire 50 pages of this thread.

Read "delivery restrictions" under product details.

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #779 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read "delivery restrictions" under product details.

Wow bummer never seen that on the amazon site, glad all he other stuff i ordered from their did not have that. Pretty lame inthis world economy top restrict a piece of electronic gear like that.

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #780 of 8,119
I really think at this point of time IE8 is the best deal for us who are in EU countries. Fortunately I got a one day old TF10 for cheap price. Otherwise I would have settled for IE8 till W3 prices come down. The main reason stopped me opting for IE8 was the apparent treble roll off. Perhaps less Isolation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back