Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #812 of 8,119
There you go, the best looking and best named SkullCandy's: The Smoking Buds
skullcandy-rasta.jpg

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #813 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The highs are a little rolled off, but using treble booster on my iPhone, it has opened the highs up without distorting the music [I usually have my equalizer off]. All I can say is I am really enjoying these earphones, and I'm sure the highs will open up a bit more the more I burn them in.
normal_smile .gif

exactly!

new IE8 out of box sound so strange(high rolled off)(heavy unpolished bass), after 10 hours listening, the high start open up and impressed me, by the way how come the bass sound getting lesser?? *_*

i miss the boombastic bass... hope the bass come back after more burning..

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #815 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to some users, the bass GONE after 200 hours burn in. U need to max the knob to get bass. Weird iem indeed...

Really? And are there users who've found this isn't the case?

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #817 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about the C700s isolation level, can you give an example here about them.

Since I live out in the woods where it is very peaceful and quiet, it's hard for me to answer your question. Let's just say if I'm standing at least a meter away from someone who is talking, I can't hear them.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #819 of 8,119
Well, I have about 78 hours on my IE8s...

When new, the upper frequencies had a thick, syrupy sound to them and the bass was bloated. After about 10 hours of play, both of these areas improved and have continued to improve since. The sound as they are now are reminiscent of a traditional sounding tube amp; recessed at the top end but with a glorious midrange. There is no hint of fatigue which I like very much. I have the bass at the 3 setting and have not noticed any diminishment of bass quantity, but it has tightened up.

The soundstage is as advertised, excellent. Not only in the lateral sense, but also in terms of depth and height. In fact, I've never experienced an earphone reproduce image height before. Fantastic!

I'm using Comply T-400 tips since they provide the greatest comfort compared to the supplied tips. I have noticed if you push in the earpieces too much (trying to accomplish the best seal), the squarish plastic housing rubs up against the ridge of your ear causing discomfort after awhile. I would not recommend shallow tips for this reason.

More to come...

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #820 of 8,119
By the way, the 3.5mm connector is either nickel or silver plated, not gold plated as I've seen mentioned on the web...

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #821 of 8,119
So according to the impressions here, IE8 improve the treble roll-off with burning? This is the main reason I didn't try IE8.

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #822 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwbrent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have about 78 hours on my IE8s...

When new, the upper frequencies had a thick, syrupy sound to them and the bass was bloated. After about 10 hours of play, both of these areas improved and have continued to improve since. The sound as they are now are reminiscent of a traditional sounding tube amp; recessed at the top end but with a glorious midrange. There is no hint of fatigue which I like very much. I have the bass at the 3 setting and have not noticed any diminishment of bass quantity, but it has tightened up.

The soundstage is as advertised, excellent. Not only in the lateral sense, but also in terms of depth and height. In fact, I've never experienced an earphone reproduce image height before. Fantastic!

I'm using Comply T-400 tips since they provide the greatest comfort compared to the supplied tips. I have noticed if you push in the earpieces too much (trying to accomplish the best seal), the squarish plastic housing rubs up against the ridge of your ear causing discomfort after awhile. I would not recommend shallow tips for this reason.

More to come...

mine burned around 20 hours, high-mid-low getting harmonies quality sound...just that the punchy bass amount drop to the stand i starting to worry.. i am a basshaed, i got set to highest Bass EQ(Sony player have high bass EQ) to get more boom.

i need to check into Comply tip for greater comfort and isolation...

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #823 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by musictang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine burned around 20 hours, high-mid-low getting harmonies quality sound...just that the punchy bass amount drop to the stand i starting to worry.. i am a basshaed, i got set to highest Bass EQ(Sony player have high bass EQ) to get more boom.

i need to check into Comply tip for greater comfort and isolation...

Same here too. I'm a basshead as well, I had to use a GoVibe Magnum Amp to boost the Bass. But still, be happy that it has the strongest bass of the Big 4 (or five if the X10 is included)

The rolled-off highs will disappear after 200 hours. So juz be patient. Even after 100 hours, the rolled-off highs are still slightly there.

Why i love the IE8? Cuz of the natural, wide, bassy and dark Sound!
atsmile.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #825 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im thinking of getting the Comply T-400 tips to go with the IE8, would they be a good choice? or is there any other recommended.
Thanks

I recommend them highly. They will contribute to a slightly darker top end, but my sense is the highs will be just fine with the proper amount of burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back