Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
May 3, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #3,916 of 8,119
Anyone uses behind ear pads ? ) or clip for wire ? )

May 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #3,917 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is all changing now and I have had a week of listening to the E2c’s via my also newly acquired iBasso D10 and iRiver H140 with digital optical toslink by Sysconcept. Again, all thanks to Head-Fiers’ contributions and advice.

Very good rig you got there! anyway the ie8's burn in settled for me around the 400 hours mark. But you should roll the d10 opamps for better synergy with the ie8's.

May 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #3,918 of 8,119
Quote:

Very good rig you got there! anyway the ie8's burn in settled for me around the 400 hours mark. But you should roll the d10 opamps for better synergy with the ie8's.

Thanks Surrealsky, I consider myself very fortunate.

I have been watching the iBasso D10 thread with interest. Maybe we should start a new D10 & IE8 opamp thread?

I am a bit confused as to where to start. For one thing the information seems to change. Is there a definitive recommendation yet?

May 3, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #3,919 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Surrealsky, I consider myself very fortunate.

I have been watching the iBasso D10 thread with interest. Maybe we should start a new D10 & IE8 opamp thread?

I am a bit confused as to where to start. For one thing the information seems to change. Is there a definitive recommendation yet?

that's a great suggestion but we would need to get HeaphoneAddict and HiFlight in on the action. what do you say guys?

May 3, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #3,920 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's a great suggestion but we would need to get HeaphoneAddict and HiFlight in on the action. what do you say guys?

I've posted my thoughts on it here and in the D10 thread and think it should stay here and have the OP keep the 1st post updated with that stuff or people can search the thread for "D10 and IE8".

May 3, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #3,922 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondu999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I for one am really curious as to how much the opamp rolling by HiFlight can improve IE8 synergy with the Cobra

Apparently alot, look for hiflight and larry's impressions at the d10 thread.

May 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #3,924 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondu999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only I dared open up a D10 to roll the opamps myself.

its very easy. HiFlight even drew me a very nice howto which i can upload if you need them. opamp rolling is very satisfying and brings a whole new listening dimension to the d10. i would very much encourage you to give it a try!

May 4, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #3,926 of 8,119
Vladimir FI
Quote:

Anyone uses behind ear pads ? ) or clip for wire ? )

&
Teraflame
Quote:

Do you guys use the earhooks?

I am making myself use them. They are a bit of a fiddle to put on so I training myself in the technique.

The benefit to me is when out and about and I need to commuciate with someone and pull out the IE8s so as to speak and listen. The clip keeps them dangling in the right place for them to be easily reinserted.

Previously with my Ec2's they would fall to the floor unless I was extra careful.

May 4, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #3,928 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its very easy. HiFlight even drew me a very nice howto which i can upload if you need them. opamp rolling is very satisfying and brings a whole new listening dimension to the d10. i would very much encourage you to give it a try!

Hmmm.... sounds interesting... maybe you could let me have a lookie through?

May 4, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #3,929 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm...I'm at about 100 hours burned in and I'm noticing some sibilance where I didn't notice any before. Is this normal?

It's normal since the treble opened up after 100+ hours. The upper mid might become bright as a result. Burn in more for it to settle down. My experience with IE8 doesnt involved any sibilance but it's on borderline sometimes, especially with female vocal.

May 4, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #3,930 of 8,119
Quote:

HiFlight even drew me a very nice howto which i can upload if you need them.

hi smallcaps, can you post a link to the info?

or make it available as a pdf or whatever. If you don't mind that is.

Once my IE8's are burned in I would like to experiment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back