Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
May 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #3,931 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi smallcaps, can you post a link to the info?

or make it available as a pdf or whatever. If you don't mind that is.

Once my IE8's are burned in I would like to experiment

no problem. will get them up later tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #3,933 of 8,119
Thanks smallcaps, I have saved a copy of the image and filed it away.

BTW, just noticed in your sig the APureSound resistance adapter.

I have searched the forum to see if you have posted your observations and experiences but not much success.

Is there a link?

May 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #3,935 of 8,119
I can't say that I have been troubled by hiss from my IE8 with my D10 or even with the Sansa Clip.

Is it one of those things that are more noticeable on direct comparison. i.e. listen with the impedance adapter and then immediately listen without it?

Presumably you can tell the difference otherwise you wouldn't use it.

Perhaps when both my D10 and IE8 are both fully burned in then these things might be more apparent.

May 5, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #3,941 of 8,119
Quote:

No sorry but will Holophonic do for the time being?
Get Your Virtual Haircut and Other Auditory Illusions - One Man’s Blog

Wow that sounded so real from my headphones, since there's an exit on my right-hand side from where I am sitting I literally turned my head to look if anyone was there, LOL

May 5, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #3,942 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone got some links to those awesome recordings in which uses the soundstage and that (I think it's called bi-naural?) Listening to the virtual thunderstorm posted a few pages back and it's so cool.

I saw about haircut it in previous posts of this thread, and then found a few more recordings
wink.gif

They called it 3D or Binaural. Well you can find them on internet if put those words in google :p

Quote:

I am making myself use them. They are a bit of a fiddle to put on so I training myself in the technique.

The benefit to me is when out and about and I need to commuciate with someone and pull out the IE8s so as to speak and listen. The clip keeps them dangling in the right place for them to be easily reinserted.

I see that i don't need to use ear hooks. Quite comfortable without them. And if i need to talk with somebody i just pull out the IE and talk
smily_headphones1.gif
Don't need hook to hang the earphone on my ear, wire is enough
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #3,943 of 8,119
Quote:

the d10 actually has a very good hp out and i don't really need it. it is very noticeable with my macbook. the hp out on the macbook is very hissy and with the ie8/impedance adapter combo this background hiss is gone.

Hi smallcaps, thanks for the clarification. I had read that hiss is associated with low impedance headphones and that was a factor for concern when I first saw the spec for the IE8.

But then no one has reported experience with hiss.

From what you say, the source has a part to play as well. I shall pay closer attention when next I use my Sansa Clip though.

May 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #3,944 of 8,119
Ordered mine tonight. Not sure why they are cheaper here ($380AUD) than they are in the US ($450USD on earphonesolutions.com). Either way, I'm not complaining - bout time us Aussies get good prices!

May 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #3,945 of 8,119
Quote:

Hi smallcaps, thanks for the clarification. I had read that hiss is associated with low impedance headphones and that was a factor for concern when I first saw the spec for the IE8.

But then no one has reported experience with hiss.

From what you say, the source has a part to play as well. I shall pay closer attention when next I use my Sansa Clip though.

i had a clip for some time before giving it to a friend and as i remember the ie8's sounded fine straight from the headphone out. you are absolutely right in regards to the impedance adapter helping lower impedance headphones sound cleaner connected to more powerful output amps/sources. i think you wont have any such problem from the clip but of course only your ears can tell
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back