Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived
Oct 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #586 of 746

Follow the link provided.  Seems to be that only the German or European site offers you the option of receiving a freq certificate.

Done. Reregistered there...

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #587 of 746
Got mine today. I'll try to get it uploaded this afternoon.

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #588 of 746
Here's mine

Better pic

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #589 of 746
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #591 of 746
  Simply go onto the Sennheiser website and fill out the form that they have for registering the headphones at   http://reg.sennheiserusa.com/

Is it possible to get for used headphones? (serious inquiry, but still running for cover!)

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #592 of 746

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #593 of 746

Looks good.  You dodged the 6k bullet.

They're all the same. The exact same dimensions and manufacturing processes. The only way one of these headphones can 'dodge the 6k bullet' is by a blunder in the manufacturing process. 

I know you were using irony but .... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #594 of 746
  They're all the same. The exact same dimensions and manufacturing processes. The only way one of these headphones can 'dodge the 6k bullet' is by a blunder in the manufacturing process. 

I know you were using irony but .... 
biggrin.gif

They are not all the same ... owned 2 at the same time one with the 6k spike one without, huge audible difference.

Perhaps it is a "blunder" in the manufacturing process but it is a "blunder" that has been haunting the HD-800 since its inception.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #595 of 746

They are not all the same ... owned 2 at the same time one with the 6k spike one without, huge audible difference.

Perhaps it is a "blunder" in the manufacturing process but it is a "blunder" that has been haunting the HD-800 since its inception.

Now that is laughable... If two different HD800 have a "huge audible difference" 

Some of the more experienced members on here who have heard many, many pairs through the years can't hear any difference? 

There is no evidence at all that the HD800 has been haunted with blunders since its inception. 

Is every set that has a 6k spike defective? Or the ones that you say don't have it defective? My FR chart is flat at the 6k mark but I can still clearly hear the 6k prominence..   

I'm afraid that you are talking absolute bowllocks. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #596 of 746
  Now that is laughable... If two different HD800 have a "huge audible difference" 

Some of the more experienced members on here who have heard many, many pairs through the years can't hear any difference? 

There is no evidence at all that the HD800 has been haunted with blunders since its inception. 

Is every set that has a 6k spike defective? Or the ones that you say don't have it defective? My FR chart is flat at the 6k mark but I can still clearly hear the 6k prominence..   

I'm afraid that you are talking absolute bowllocks. 

Not going to argue with you. I know what I heard. As far as the term "blunder" goes you were the one that coined the term in reference to the HD-800 production process. I was simply repeating the phrase for you to help you understand .

The 6k prominence is inherent to the headphone I agree, however until you have heard one where the 6k area becomes a glaring flaw to the point of borderline unlistenable I would say you are coming from a point of no audible experience on the matter and are simply regurgitating what you have read elsewhere. 

And as far as the "more experienced member" thing goes I would suggest you re-evaluate that idea.

How would you know what I have listened to or for how many times?  You assume much.

Simply because someone has more posts here means absolutely nothing as you have proven with your rather narrow minded view on this topic.  Besides all this it has been documented many times here and everywhere that the HD-800 suffers in many cases from a 6k spike and has yet to be fully corrected even to this day.

LOL to think that I have found some of your previous posts somewhat insightful and humorous only to be presented with what appears to be a heavy handed reply to one of my posts blows my mind ....lol.

You sir have scarred me for life, how shall I ever recover?

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #597 of 746

Not going to argue with you. I know what I heard. As far as the term "blunder" goes you were the one that coined the term in reference to the HD-800 production process. I was simply repeating the phrase for you to help you understand .

The 6k prominence is inherent to the headphone I agree, however until you have heard one where the 6k area becomes a glaring flaw to the point of borderline unlistenable I would say you are coming from a point of no audible experience on the matter and are simply regurgitating what you have read elsewhere. 

And as far as the "more experienced member" thing goes I would suggest you re-evaluate that idea.

How would you know what I have listened to or for how many times?  You assume much.

Simply because someone has more posts here means absolutely nothing as you have proven with your rather narrow minded view on this topic.  Besides all this it has been documented many times here and everywhere that the HD-800 suffers in many cases from a 6k spike and has yet to be fully corrected even to this day.

LOL to think that I have found some of your previous posts somewhat insightful and humorous only to be presented with what appears to be a heavy handed reply to one of my posts blows my mind ....lol.

You sir have scarred me for life, how shall I ever recover?

You'll survive.... 
biggrin.gif

My point has always been the same on the subject... The 6k spike is there as standard on this headphone, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people trying to tame it with amps, mods etc. So to 'avoid the 6k bullet' like you said regarding the fr chart, is only ever going to mislead folks on thinking that it is a fault or it can only be avoided by luck of the draw!

I'd be gutted If I forked out £1000 for a headphone only to find that I'd gotten a bad one because my fr chart shows the 6k hump when the the next guy's doesn't.

These FR charts mean jack in any scientific/factual sense and really shouldn't be read as such. I'd be willing to bet my wife's entire collection of leopard print handbags that you will get subtle frequency variances using the same method over and over again with the same headphone.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #598 of 746
  You'll survive.... 
biggrin.gif

My point has always been the same on the subject... The 6k spike is there as standard on this headphone, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people trying to tame it with amps, mods etc. So to 'avoid the 6k bullet' like you said regarding the fr chart, is only ever going to mislead folks on thinking that it is a fault or it can only be avoided by luck of the draw!

I'd be gutted If I forked out £1000 for a headphone only to find that I'd gotten a bad one because my fr chart shows the 6k hump when the the next guy's doesn't.

These FR charts mean jack in any scientific/factual sense and really shouldn't be read as such. I'd be willing to bet my wife's entire collection of leopard print handbags that you will get subtle frequency variances using the same method over and over again with the same headphone.

LugBug1 that is exactly the point.  I do feel that you do "dodge the 6k bullet" if you are lucky enough not to get one with an overly accentuated 6k spike.

I myself was gutted when the first pair I received suffered from that exact issue.  I was lucky enough to make a return and grab a different pair.

So my feeling on this subject (and simply IMO) is that yes it is somewhat of a crapshoot whether you get one with a crazy 6k spike or not.

Now stop being a bloody wanker and agree with me
wink_face.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #599 of 746

LugBug1 that is exactly the point.  I do feel that you do "dodge the 6k bullet" if you are lucky enough not to get one with an overly accentuated 6k spike.

I myself was gutted when the first pair I received suffered from that exact issue.  I was lucky enough to make a return and grab a different pair.

So my feeling on this subject (and simply IMO) is that yes it is somewhat of a crapshoot whether you get one with a crazy 6k spike or not.

Now stop being a bloody wanker and agree with me
wink_face.gif

Ok... But just for you sweetness!
wink_face.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #600 of 746

Users who are viewing this thread

Back