Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #5,146 of 23,433
Well, if it's a preventable issue, then I would rather spend the money to prevent it from happening. But it sounds like everyone is pretty confident in the fact that the stock cable is well-built, so, a moot concern now.

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #5,148 of 23,433
  Well, if it's a preventable issue, then I would rather spend the money to prevent it from happening. But it sounds like everyone is pretty confident in the fact that the stock cable is well-built, so, a moot concern now.

I don't understand what you're considering to be the 'preventable issue' here. It should be having to buy another cable. Which can only be avoided by not and keeping the original. If the preventable issue to you is the cable breaking, that makes no sense. 
But yes, I think it's a great sturdy cable. So moot

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #5,149 of 23,433
Okay, well, thanks for your useless argument 
confused_face.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #5,150 of 23,433
  I don't plan on abusing it, but, let's face it, sometimes it's going to get stepped on or snagged on something. If you all think it is durable enough to stand up to those kinds of things, I'll believe it and stick with the stock. Thanks!

I've had more than one mishap and there was no physical damage or change in performance. I stepped on the wire and a connector even popped out of the earcup with no ill effect.

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #5,151 of 23,433
I've had more than one mishap and there was no physical damage or change in performance. I stepped on the wire and a connector even popped out of the earcup with no ill effect.

You clearly dont have very good hearing (or your gear is not high quality). Dont you know that if you step on your cable, even once, the crystaline structure of the metal molecules are thrown wildly out of flux and this ads distortion (not measurable but very audible if you know what to listen for)!

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #5,152 of 23,433

Thank you :wink:
even though was wondering for the sound, and not the speed.

Several bands of black metal or post-metal that I listen to have reduced speed of execution, slowly, doomy, ambient and atmospheric passages.

Ah Ok, if you like sludge, doom, post metal, and other slower metal genres like stoner I don't see why the HD600 won't be any good, its main focus is the mid range which is a main focus of that type of music. I'm listening to Cult of Luna Vicarious Redemption right now on my HD600 and previously Candlemass and I thought it sounds very full and spacious.

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #5,154 of 23,433

Ah Ok, if you like sludge, doom, post metal, and other slower metal genres like stoner I don't see why the HD600 won't be any good, its main focus is the mid range which is a main focus of that type of music. I'm listening to Cult of Luna Vicarious Redemption right now on my HD600 and previously Candlemass and I thought it sounds very full and spacious.

Agreed. In fact, I just listened to Kylesa - Ultraviolet last night and it sounded phenomenal.

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #5,156 of 23,433
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Handmade-Hi-End-Upgrade-Cable-For-HD580-HD600-HD650-/180711505376?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a133ebde0&_uhb=1

FURUTECH copper...slurpzzz. This should withstand an elephant-stomp...Just teasing :p
I might get this on a whim...hmmm. 

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #5,158 of 23,433
You clearly dont have very good hearing (or your gear is not high quality). Dont you know that if you step on your cable, even once, the crystaline structure of the metal molecules are thrown wildly out of flux and this ads distortion (not measurable but very audible if you know what to listen for)!

My hearing and gear are just fine, perhaps better than your manners. The crystaline structure of the metal in my cables are also fine, I am familiar with stress analysis (Hooke's Law). It so happens to be that I used to design digital weighing equipment and know a thing or to about elastic deformation vs.plastic deformation. Were you referring to HD, IMD or TIMD? Oh by the way, we can measure distortion far below the human ability to perceive, You can look into research done on human Just Detectable Distortion  (JDD) and be surprised.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #5,159 of 23,433
Hmm, I am not familiar with TIMD - is it a temporal phenomenon of some sort? Phase related or is it more of an H.G. Wellsian effect? Of course, HD and IMD usually go hand in hand, although IMD is more objectionable being non-harmonic.

Anyways, Im glad your cable survived the ordeal with no ill effects. It's reassuring to know that Sennheiser provides a quality cable that can maintain its Golden Ratio under such duress, thus keeping unwanted resonances at bay throughout the life of the cable. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back