Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #5,161 of 23,482
Hmm, I am not familiar with TIMD - is it a temporal phenomenon of some sort? Phase related or is it more of an H.G. Wellsian effect? Of course, HD and IMD usually go hand in hand, although IMD is more objectionable being non-harmonic.

Anyways, Im glad your cable survived the ordeal with no ill effects. It's reassuring to know that Sennheiser provides a quality cable that can maintain its Golden Ratio under such duress, thus keeping unwanted resonances at bay throughout the life of the cable.
biggrin.gif

If metal didn't flex/stretch a bit the wings of planes would snap off. Of course exceeding elastic deformation would not be a good thing for wings either. 
TIMD is my way of making TIM (Transient Intermodulation Distortion) read more like distortion rather than some person's name.
biggrin.gif

Yes IMD contains no musically related content,but high levels of odd order components in HD sounds nasty as well. That's why many guitar players prefer tube amps over solid state when overloading the amp for intentional distortion that is rich in even order harmonics. Some musicians intentionally use Intermodulation for effect by processing two tones in a "Ring Modulator" (Four Quadrant Multiplier) to produce bell like tones, if one does it correctly.
If you're into Dr; Who and temporal phenomena you might want to check Google's search page, today they have a Dr. Who game on the page.

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,169 of 23,482
^^true true, I'm sure they'll haver better taste!

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #5,174 of 23,482
  If one listens to him attempt speaking, one can understand why he'd bite a bat. Well, he did have quite a blast along the way.

considering the amount of acid he's done, and adding he was born with dyslexia...i don't think he's doing too bad.

I wondered often how he could've been that good on stage, without messing up with words etc

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #5,175 of 23,482
  I wondered often how he could've been that good on stage, without messing up with words etc

I can't understand him half the time on interviews  (music videos use what's recorded in the album so they could just control him and get a sober take). The jewel in all that was when he was on this interview, and his sentences got progressively more garbled, then he stopped and said, "what was I saying?!" I spit nachos all over the living room laughing - hell, he was so out of it he doesn't understand himself!

I had a friend whose speech was starting to get slllloooooowwww and really slurred (we have no idea what he was smoking at the time, he went to a different University for a while and we saw him during breaks), and when he went to the toilet, everyone started doing their drunk Ozzy impressions (including the hip hop guys). So wrong but it was all too hilarious.

And yet everyone thinks he's awesome, without necessarily being dumb enough to actually do acid (or other stuff). YOLO wasn't a thing back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back