Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #5,117 of 23,482
Nov 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #5,118 of 23,482
Nov 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #5,119 of 23,482
  Guys, please stop and move the cable disscusion to more fitting thread please? I don't want this thread closed... You see, I learn a lot by just reading this thread. Anyway, my HD600 is still going strong, and I enjoy every bit of it.

I just wish my Aune T1 less bright.

I'm wondering, is there any OTL tube AMP on USD 350 price range beside Crack and LF 336?

Why not the Crack and Darkvoice?

If you want less bright, maybe you should replace your HD 600 with the HD 650.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #5,120 of 23,482
It is amazing how tastes differ.  If anything I personally find the HD600's, if anything, to dark and 'boomy'.  You know
deadhorse.gif
.  Others call them them harsh.  

Go figure!  
beerchug.gif

But seriously, the Crack is great with the HD600's.  Plus, it's a really fun build.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #5,121 of 23,482
Quote:RunshineReggae
 Fair enough I guess. I agree that if you want to hear differences, you can.

My last word on the topic here.
Notice the boldened and font size in the quote.

If I were expecting a difference, you may or may not be correct.
Just because someone is expecting a difference does not mean that they are deluding themeslves when there is a difference. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as disappointment in this context.

Anyway, this is invalid in my case, as if you had taken the care to read and digest my post you would have noticed that I stated that I was a cable skeptic.

In your previous post:-
  Oh yeah. It takes golden ears for this hogwash to work, that's right.

The only difference is Usain Bolt's achievements are measurable and observable and exist in the real world. While your observations and beliefs of having 'golden ears' are just... Nothing.

Can't you believe that some of us have better hearing acuity than others?
How do you measure hearing with a stopwatch?

Do dogs have more acute hearing than humans?

I had occasion to correct a fellow workmate who had a Sony CD recorder and mini-CD player that came as a bundle package deal, where he reckoned that there was NO difference in the quality of the sound presentation.
I asked him to play the same material through each. After he did so, I told him that the minidisk was grainier in it's sonic presentation. He called me a liar.
I then told him that I would turn my back and tell him which source was being used. He agreed.
Out of ten samples, I was 100% correct.

It seems that some of the skeptics are afraid to face the fact that they have less hearing ability than others.

I, personally do not have the ability to detect the soundstage of a particular headphone unless I really concentrate. I do not have the problem with speakers.
Do I criticise those who say those who say that one headphone has a wider stage, and another has a higher or deeper one? No, I do not.
I am well aware of my hearing abilities.

As a parting question, have you tried different cables in your system?

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #5,122 of 23,482
For those who can hear the diff, do carry on enjoying the cable-rolling....n sorry to your wallet :p

for those who cant, kindly refrain from giving reasons y the other party shouldnt hear/ or heard the diff. ..
respect one another, its a hobby after all.  And of cos u saved a bundle :p

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #5,123 of 23,482
  For those who can hear the diff, do carry on enjoying the cable-rolling....n sorry to your wallet :p

for those who cant, kindly refrain from giving reasons y the other party shouldnt hear/ or heard the diff. ..
respect one another, its a hobby after all.  And of cos u saved a bundle :p

You owned! Haha... BTW, I believe in cable thingy. But I think it's pointless for those who can hear arguing there's a change with those who can't hear. And it's pointless too for those who can't hear arguing there's no change with those who can hear. In the end, you guys owned a great headphone, well at least for me HD600 is the best in term of SQ since that is most expensive headphone I afford. I just wish they have Beyer build. I love their ear cup.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5,124 of 23,482

How's the harmony between those two mate? What else amp you compared with?

Other (former and current) amps in my profile.  I think the LD MKIV is a great pairing.  Plenty of voltage swing.  Lots of tube options.  Very clean background.  Can be tuned to suit.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #5,125 of 23,482
  You owned! Haha... BTW, I believe in cable thingy.

I believe in "life" in music .I believe "emotion " in music . I even believe music can touch my "soul".
 i guess i am just a believer .hehe

if you go for high end, you may end up in no end.
if you go for musicality, you may end up in nirvana.

IMO  , HD600 is a very musical cans so one  need to find the correct rig combination .to unlock its potential

One way to break the barrier is  by changing its stock cable to a better one - Again this was only my opinion

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #5,126 of 23,482

I believe in "life" in music .I believe "emotion " in music . I even believe music can touch my "soul".
 i guess i am just a believer .hehe

if you go for high end, you may end up in no end.
if you go for musicality, you may end up in nirvana.

IMO  , HD600 is a very musical cans so one  need to find the correct rig combination .to unlock its potential

One way to break the barrier is  by changing its stock cable to a better one - Again this was only my opinion

I having placebo with my rig all the time.
deadhorse.gif
And I enjoy it...

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #5,127 of 23,482
HD600 is the dynamic phone that always get the tonality of the sound right.  Other headphones sound either too forward, too laidback , too warm or too bright.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #5,129 of 23,482
I said " HD600 is the dynamic phone.." is to mean in the dynamic headphone range , hd600 has the best tonal balance.  That doesn't include electronstatic stuff.
However for stax , we have to be carefull in system matching otherwise the tonal balance may be off with the wrong matching too.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #5,130 of 23,482
  I said " HD600 is the dynamic phone.." is to mean in the dynamic headphone range , hd600 has the best tonal balance.  That doesn't include electronstatic stuff.
However for stax , we have to be carefull in system matching otherwise the tonal balance may be off with the wrong matching too.

missed that word, my bad xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back