Sennheiser-closed
Aug 27, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 35

Usually open will yield you a bigger sound stage if that is a quality you like as the cans have room to breathe. Although my Denon 5000's can hold their own as well. What cans are you looking for? Do you like the Sennheiser sound signature. The HD600 and 650s are on sale at amazon to my knowledge. The only issue would be that the open cans leak more noise. So if you are looking for isolation they might not be what you want. For isolation IEMs are the better choice. Good luck.
Quote:
Hi.

What do you think about closed Sennheiser's.
Which one are the best?

Senn or not Senn?
I'm lost :p xD

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 35
My brother has HD595. I love them because of the cans have room to breathe. Extremly comfy but i think it should be more tight.When it comes to sound i think something is missing but I'm not sure. I had them for like 2 hours. I want to know what you think about closed Senns?
BTW, I listen to rock and metal.

P.S.
I want them to be  more portable than HD-595.
P.P.S. If not Senns, give me some good closed,portable and comfy cans.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 35

For rock I've heard grados do very well so maybe you should go do a search on grados and rock music or best cans for rock. I think that may be you cup of tea. Good luck.
Quote:
My brother has HD595. I love them because of the cans have room to breathe. Extremly comfy but i think it should be more tight.When it comes to sound i think something is missing but I'm not sure. I had them for like 2 hours. I want to know what you think about closed Senns?
BTW, I listen to rock and metal.

P.S.
I want them to be  more portable than HD-595.
P.P.S. If not Senns, give me some good closed,portable and comfy cans.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 35
IF it weren't for the sound leakage i would of instantly went for the HD595's or even up. But, I'll be getting my Closed HD380's in the mail pretty soon. Aren't the 380's considered Sennheisers top of the line Closed deisgned headphones?

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 35

Quote:
IF it weren't for the sound leakage i would of instantly went for the HD595's or even up. But, I'll be getting my Closed HD380's in the mail pretty soon. Aren't the 380's considered Sennheisers top of the line Closed deisgned headphones?

Not sure man. I mainly use my Silver Cabled IE8s for isolation and portability. They actually give my Denon 5000's a run for their money and I just love the Sennheiser sound and dynamics. I still prefer them to my Sony EX1000s which have been receiving much rave here on headfi lately. I may end up getting the Victor JVC FX700s though.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 35

Quote:

The HD380 is pretty high in the closed sennheiser line up. Although theres also the wireless MM450 and the HD25

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #9 of 35

Quote:
For rock I've heard grados do very well so maybe you should go do a search on grados and rock music or best cans for rock. I think that may be you cup of tea. Good luck.

I think grados are over-ear.I want on-ear.

Quote:

Let me know when you get the 380's.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 35

Quote:
The HD380 is pretty high in the closed sennheiser line up. Although theres also the wireless MM450 and the HD25

The MM450 and HD25's ear cups are tiny, looks like they'd be both a little weak on the immersion factor and possibly isolation. Plus, the MM450's price is much higher I'm guessing because it's Bluetooth enabled and portable. Sound wise, how does it compete with the HD380? Blaghhh, i wish the HD598's didn't leak sound because i'd be totaly down for those.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 35
Grados are supraaural, they don't fit your ear in, unless you buy one of the bigger pads.
They're not comfortable, but they're good for their asking price. I love them, could be more comfortable,
but they look good (imo), and I like their sound sig.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #12 of 35

Did you guys ever consider IEM's. They are best for portability and isolation. Then again depending on the amount of isolation you are getting they can get you killed  lol. I've heard a few headiers mention they've had close calls because they weren't aware of the surroundings. Not sure if they still have refub IE7s at adgtron on amazon. May be worth a look. They share the HD 650 sound signature BTW.
Quote:
The MM450 and HD25's ear cups are tiny, looks like they'd be both a little weak on the immersion factor and possibly isolation. Plus, the MM450's price is much higher I'm guessing because it's Bluetooth enabled and portable. Sound wise, how does it compete with the HD380? Blaghhh, i wish the HD598's didn't leak sound because i'd be totaly down for those.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #14 of 35

Quote:
IEMs sound tiny and trapped, ime. 

Have you heard IE7/IE8s?. They have a huge sound stage when you consider IEMs. My IE8s sound stage isn't small compared to my Denon 5000's. And since upgrading my cable to silver cable I prefer my IE8s to my Denons (which retail at $700.00 BTW). Even my Sony EX1000 have a large sound stage. They remind me of full sizers.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #15 of 35
Ehhh, i dont know. I think I'll just stick with my HD380's for now, and eventually upgrade to the HD595's once i get an ideal place where the sound leakage won't bother anybody.lol
But yup, i just can't justify spending over $300 for tiny little ear buds. They just don't look like they could give you that scale or immersion of sound or base. But what do I know. ;p 

If anything I'd love a pair of 5 channel headphones for gaming....has anybody had any experience with those? 2 channel is great and all, but nothing beats a 5.1 Surround sound system. The feeling of being surrounding in a 3D world of sound, where you can hear things behind you and the like is just fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back