Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $
Jul 13, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #17 of 54
silver bullets and tandems came yesterday. first impression on both is good, but both are somewhat thick in the midrange. sb more so. i will give both more listening time today and write here what i like and what not, so maybe we can narrow it down.

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 54
ok, so i gave the tandems and the silver bullet a few hours of listening time and i like the bullets a hair better. the tandems have some peaks in the highs, so that are not relaxed enough. both are a little dark sounding. i would like a little more airy signature not as thick. but the bullets already have a quite relaxed signature, like i am searching for. feel free to give me more advice.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #20 of 54
From my experience I find that dynamic driver do better subbass than ba so you might want to look into that category. I would personally reccommend the gr07 or if you are feeling rich the ex1000 as I find both pretty airy and have very good bass rumble without sounding dark. Signature wise they are both pretty neutral/warmish without sounding dark but the gr07 do have the tendency to sound slightly sibiliant but that is subjective.

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #22 of 54
no one? come on, there must be phones out there, you would describe as:

- boring
- not exciting
- not in your face
- not energetic
- everything smoothed out
- lifeless
- unspectacular
aso

something like a brighter sounding silver bullet?

Jul 15, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #23 of 54
Quote:
no one? come on, there must be phones out there, you would describe as:

- boring
- not exciting
- not in your face
- not energetic
- everything smoothed out
- lifeless
- unspectacular

If you really want lifeless and boring, try the Ety MC3/5. They suck the lifeblood out of everything and make it sound like zombie elevator music.
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #24 of 54
ok, i read the ety reviews and believe, that they will not have the bass rumble i am looking for. the more i listen to the silver bullets, the more they grow on me. really fatique free to my ears.  a little less veil in the mids and they would perfectly match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back