Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #3,483 of 13,350
My current stack of Schiit.

I've been listening to it now for a few days and I must say that I'm really impressed by this combo. Easy going, like my "speaker-system" so a real good match to the "sound" I like (relaxed and laid-back)

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3,484 of 13,350

I've been listening to it now for a few days and I must that I'm really impressed by this combo. Easy going, like my "speaker-system" so a real good match to the "sound" I like (relaxed and laid-back)

Sweet setup sir!
I got my Modi today. Hooked it up to my Asgard 2.
And what a difference that was :p
The Asus Xonar stx card i had is now going into storage.
This little dac is a huge improvement.

I am very very happy with my Schiit! :D

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #3,485 of 13,350
Nice looking stack.  I'm expecting my Bifrost back today and can't wait to put my stack back together.  F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 
biggrin.gif

Just arrived!  
L3000.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #3,486 of 13,350
Sweet setup sir!

I am very very happy with my Schiit!
biggrin.gif

Congrats on your Modi!!

I found out that this Schiit works real well with stuff from Norway, my electronic are from Norway (Electrocompaniet) and they combine real well with my Gungnir DAC 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,487 of 13,350

I've been listening to it now for a few days and I must say that I'm really impressed by this combo. Easy going, like my "speaker-system" so a real good match to the "sound" I like (relaxed and laid-back)

If you like relaxed and laid back... I would HIGHLY recommend the HD650 with the Mjolnir and your Gungnir
redface.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3,488 of 13,350
Sweet setup sir!

I am very very happy with my Schiit!
biggrin.gif

DAC makes a huge difference. people are like upgrading their headphones expecting big improvement... source > dac > headphone upgrade order

I still use my stx card for my speakers :D

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3,489 of 13,350
Question for those who really know there Schiit. I have BF, lyr, and A2. Can I use the lyr pre amp outs to daisy chain the A2? I use the lyr most of the time but need the a2 occasionally and don't want to dig behind the desk to change out the cables. 

thanks...

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #3,490 of 13,350
  Question for those who really know there Schiit. I have BF, lyr, and A2. Can I use the lyr pre amp outs to daisy chain the A2? I use the lyr most of the time but need the a2 occasionally and don't want to dig behind the desk to change out the cables. 

thanks...

i can't answer your question, but i bet you could answer mine, since you still have the A2, how do it and the lyr compare head to head sonically ?

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,491 of 13,350

thanks...

You can use the Lyr pre-amp outs to the A2, but if you do, the Lyr must be on since the pre-amp outs go through the tubes. Also, another side-effect, you'll be able to control the volume from the Lyr and the A2. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #3,492 of 13,350

i can't answer your question, but i bet you could answer mine, since you still have the A2, how do it and the lyr compare head to head sonically ?

It's pretty much what you would imagine. The A2 is nice clean and resolving...pretty neutral (borrows tech from mojo). The lyr will have better dynamics, more weight and punch on the bass and much more power. 

You can use the Lyr pre-amp outs to the A2, but if you do, the Lyr must be on since the pre-amp outs go through the tubes. Also, another side-effect, you'll be able to control the volume from the Lyr and the A2. 

Volume control will work on both?

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,493 of 13,350

It's pretty much what you would imagine. The A2 is nice clean and resolving...pretty neutral (borrows tech from mojo). The lyr will have better dynamics, more weight and punch on the bass and much more power. 

thats correct, you'll be able to control the volume from both Lyr and the A2. the preamp outs on the Lyr are connected to the volume knob on the Lyr. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #3,494 of 13,350

yep, pretty much what i imagined ! lol i made the right decision then
thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back