Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #2,416 of 13,350
Quote:
Or it could be that Blizzard (realistically, Metzen) doesn't have an original bone in their body and they get all their lore from other people's work or ancient mythos.

Well, yeah, ok, but, I just wanted to believe, for a moment, that this big fire lord thingy appears in this big tree-city place, sporting a pair of Beyerdynamic cans (with good bass and magically flat high frequency response), and hands me the pink slip to my own brand new set of Schiit statement gear, playing my favorite song, complete with a female night elf to rub my shoulders as I relax in my recliner and disappear into the ether...

I can dream, can't I?

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2,417 of 13,350
quote name="UmustBKidn" url="/t/601151/schiit-owners-unite/2415#post_9524653"]
Well, yeah, ok, but, I just wanted to believe, for a moment, that this big fire lord thingy appears in this big tree-city place, sporting a pair of Beyerdynamic cans (with good bass and magically flat high frequency response), and hands me the pink slip to my own brand new set of Schiit statement gear, playing my favorite song, complete with a female night elf to rub my shoulders as I relax in my recliner and disappear into the ether...

I can dream, can't I?
[/quote
UMustBKidn :grinning:

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #2,418 of 13,350
My plan to wait till the statement products are released and then buy the Gungnir and Mojo used. 
size]

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #2,419 of 13,350
So, Lyr / LCD-2.2 owners that have also owned both the unupgraded Bifrost and the Uber... Is it worth the cost to get it upgraded?

The whole 'being without it' for a while is a bigger detriment to the idea for me than the money, but if it's really worth it, I guess I should go for it.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #2,420 of 13,350
Quote:
My plan to wait till the statement products are released and then buy the Gungnir and Mojo used. 
size]

+1 yes Matt... come to the dark, errr balanced side
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #2,421 of 13,350
I think that the consensus is certainly yes. It's worth it IMO for sure. It was an easy 30 minutes to swap out there board and that was being very cautious. And only $70 for a nice upgrade...heck yeah it's worth it. 

As far as what you get for your money. It sounds more resolved and accurate than before. There is better detail in classical music now. For pop/EDM, the bass have more weight and maintains it's tightness and texture. That's what I hear anyway. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #2,422 of 13,350
Quote:
I think that the consensus is certainly yes. It's worth it IMO for sure. It was an easy 30 minutes to swap out there board and that was being very cautious. And only $70 for a nice upgrade...heck yeah it's worth it. 

As far as what you get for your money. It sounds more resolved and accurate than before. There is better detail in classical music now. For pop/EDM, the bass have more weight and maintains it's tightness and texture. That's what I hear anyway. 

Ah, I was thinking about sending it in to get it done.

Are there any guides/how-tos anyone has written on how to do the replacement? I'm not uncomfortable with the thought of doing the swap myself with a bit of hand holding. I've done a bit of repair on other electronics I've had before when needed. Re-soldering, and so on.

Edit: Wow, I'm dumb. Didn't even realize there was a dedicated thread for the Uber upgrade in the source forum. Reading through it now!
Edit2: Of course, there it is right on page 2! http://www.head-fi.org/t/661444/schiit-bifrost-uber-analog-upgrade/15#post_9405695

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #2,423 of 13,350
^^ 
size]
 I was just about to provide the link. It's really really easy. Be sure following proper grounding procedures and discharge any static you may have. It took me 30 minutes but it could be done in 15. If you've soldered component, this will be a cake walk.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,424 of 13,350
Quote:
Thanks guys. It sounds like this amp has everything you could ask for and then some! It's time to start saving

And, I assume a fair ammount of inputs for various compenents-CDP, streamers, etc. My hope would be use it like an integrated amp with various inputs for my stereo system.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #2,425 of 13,350
Quote:
^^ 
size]
 I was just about to provide the link. It's really really easy. Be sure following proper grounding procedures and discharge any static you may have. It took me 30 minutes but it could be done in 15. If you've soldered component, this will be a cake walk.

Yep! Thanks :D

Pulling the trigger on the upgrade now.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2,426 of 13,350
How cool does the new statement gear look. It has been a long wait but at least we may be getting closer to the holy grail! Pics and details on Facebook.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #2,427 of 13,350
Quote:

So what amp did you like better with the LCD-2?

I actually felt the Lyr was a better matchup. I liked the tonality from my Nuforce DAC/HAP-100, though both lacked the sheer muscle of the Schiit offerings. The HDP was ok, though oddly I felt it sounded better with the HE-6 (yes really; it just didn't have a lot of headroom).

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2,428 of 13,350
I don't mean to open Pandora's box, but would anyone recommend an RCA cable to connect my Asgard-2 to my dedicated components. I've had my A-2 for about a month. I had some cheap RCA cables I had on hand. I know there's a whole debate about cables. So, I'm wondering if it's worth buying cables in the $25-50 range vs the <$10.00 generic cables I had on hand in my house?  And, what kind of difference I'll be able to perceive?

I'm connecting my Asgard 2 to a stereo receiver, and sometimes directly to my CDP, and sometimes to a Sonos connect...my stereo/Sonos/CD player all stacked together. The CDP is a dedicated CD player used w/ speaker stystem. If it makes a noticeable difference, I may upgrade the cables between my CDP and receiver and my Sonos and receiver.

Much Thanks!

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2,429 of 13,350
Quote:
I don't mean to open Pandora's box, but would anyone recommend an RCA cable to connect my Asgard-2 to my dedicated components. I've had my A-2 for about a month. I had some cheap RCA cables I had on hand. I know there's a whole debate about cables. So, I'm wondering if it's worth buying cables in the $25-50 range vs the <$10.00 generic cables I had on hand in my house?  And, what kind of difference I'll be able to perceive?

I'm connecting my Asgard 2 to a stereo receiver, and sometimes directly to my CDP, and sometimes to a Sonos connect...my stereo/Sonos/CD player all stacked together. The CDP is a dedicated CD player used w/ speaker stystem. If it makes a noticeable difference, I may upgrade the cables between my CDP and receiver and my Sonos and receiver.

Much Thanks!

I think everyone can agree that Blue Jeans Cable makes excellent, sturdy, electrically sound cables.  They connect everything with RCA plugs in my system.  They're the preferred cable of plenty of people over at Audioholics (and here, too, I'd imagine). http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #2,430 of 13,350
Cables won't do diddly sh#t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back