1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Owners Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hodgjy, Mar 15, 2012.
First

Back
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last
  1. ilikepooters
    Quote:

This.

The audio signal still has to flow through all the cheap components and cheap solder in its path.

2. azteca x
    Quote:
    I'd say that's a little hyperbolic.  Cables won't imbue your music or audio with magical properties, but something like the Blue Jeans RCA compared to an umarked $2 cable from an anonymous Chinese factory - I'd say there's a bit of difference, and measurements of their electrical properties certainly reflect that.  Do I see a whole lot of reason to spend MORE than you would on the Blue Jeans?  No.  But if you have solid components and want to rest easy knowing your signal is unmolested by poor design, pick some up.  Or don't.  Just dig the tunes!

3. MattTCG
    Get the bluejeans cable. Good quality and reasonable price. 

4. markm1
    Quote:
    Much Thanks.

5. azteca x
    Quote:
    Not to mention they are made to order in America from Belden (also American) cable, if you're from the USA and into that.

6. HPiper
    I second the Bluejeans Cable recommendation, very good cables and very good prices as well.

7. markm1
    Thanks for the cable recommendations. Sounds like Bluejeans is the way to go.

8. bearFNF Contributor
    Quote:
    [​IMG] um, they indeed do something, because, if you don't have them, there would be no sound at all...[​IMG]

But on a serious note, getting a good quality cable is important, this does not mean more expensive, just good quality.

Argo Duck likes this.
  9. pelli
    Quote:
    Neither will trolling...

10. mac336
    will the hybrid Ragnarok have the same power output into the speaker outputs (100 watts into 4 ohms) that the solid state ragnraok does ?

11. Erukian
    Quote:

When is it trolling? He was responding to a specific question about whether it's worth it to pay extra for cables.

This is just my two cents, but it seems like anytime someone expresses their opinion about cables on here where they're a non-believer they're automatically trolling. If they're a cable believer they're seen as sharing their experiences because cables are SO subjective nobody will tell them they're full of BS. Aren't double standards fun?

12. Erukian
    Quote:
    Pretty sure Jason just added $50 to the MSRP of the hybrid statement amp by you asking that question! [​IMG]

13. hodgjy
    He should just go ahead and rename the statement amp as Voldemort.

Quote:

14. BLACKENEDPLAGUE
    Quote:

Then he would owe licensing fees

15. hodgjy
    It was a joke about "the name we shall not mention."

Quote:

First

Back
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Next