Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #1,291 of 13,350
http://schiit.com/cart/images/asgard2_03.jpg

The description on the Asgard 2 page says it has pre-outs? 

And by looking at the pic of the circuit design: http://schiit.com/cart/images/asgard2_05.jpg

I guess the pre-outs don't come straight from the in-plugs. It looks like they first run through the potentiometer circuit. Also by the lack of a selector switch I assume that the pre-outs and the headphone are powered at the same time. That would be good for running my monitors and/or headphones and just powering one or the other on....(no cable switching).

Also looks like the left and right channel circuitry is further separated and not split up by the capacitors like the previous asgard. This probably has something to do with how they achieved the lower total harmonic distortion that they state on the product page (A2:  Less than 0.008%) (A1:  Less than 0.06%)

The large capacitors looks to have changes, both in size, type, and locations. As well as the transformer.

Also the asgard 2 looks to have less resistors and more surface mount components (unless the capacitors are hiding them). This will most likely make less work that must be done by hand. (Unless they are manually placing surface components and baking solder by hand)

-----I'm excited to receive the one I ordered. Looks like great improvements to me....

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,292 of 13,350
Can I turn off the headphone outs when I’m using the preamp outputs?
Plugging in headphones automatically disconnects the pre-outs.

I'm not sure why I thought it wouldn't disconnect the pre-outs automatically, but I was a little excited to try and hook a powered subwoofer up to them while using the headphones for movies :frowning2:

http://schiit.com/schiit-faq/about-asgard-2/

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #1,295 of 13,350
Quote:
I read somewhere in this thread I think that the magni/modi combo was a bit on the bright side. I like the idea of the Asgard/bifrost combo as a long term investment.

I've never personally heard the sr325is, but I've read they tend to be a little brighter than grados typically are. What kind of sound do you get with the schiit combo?

I mentioned something along these lines when using the G cush pads on the 325is (painful peircing highs).  I switch to the reversed L cush when using the M/M schiit stack. 

Also, my 325is were fairly new then, they have since calmed down (either they or I have burned in now)...Now I can use the G cush for most songs, some are still a little too ?bright? but tolerable.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #1,296 of 13,350
Hey guys! I guess I'm a Schiit owner now. A spoiled-as-s*** one. I'll quote this little anecdote from the Mad Dog thread.

Holy. screw***. ****. Sorry, this is going a little off-topic, but I'll get there.

Okay, so I'm in a lab, and I pull out my MD's from my bag along with my E10. I plug my E10 in, but I notice that my MD's have completely lost their right channel through the headphone jack. The Lineout is fine. I start to freak out because I figured that it must've broken when I was carrying it in my backpack. I text my dad about it, and he tells me to call him. My dad doesn't like it when I break toys.

So I call him, and he tells me that he wanted to surprise me... he bought me the Asgard 2 AND the Bifrost. Commence me freaking the **** out. 

This was my graduation present. I couldn't be happier! Coming from a Schiit Magni + E10 combo.

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,298 of 13,350
My order status for the Asgard 2 just updated from bockordered to "shipping Feb 15th"!!!  sweet.
gs1000.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,300 of 13,350
Quote:
Same here.

I suppose I'll be joining the Asgard 2 club soon, as well. 

I've already have my Bifrost for weeks but was waiting on stock of the Asgard. Guess it was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back