Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,306 of 13,350
Quote:
Lyr vs Asgard 2 hmmmm

It will be a very interesting head to head. I have held the lyr on a pedastal for quite a long time. And I really don't see it going anywhere even against the Asgard 2. The lyr and the ability to flavor the sound with tubes is good fun in it's own right. But if the A2, or mojo mini as I like to call it, can come close to the lyr that would be impressive. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #1,307 of 13,350
Quote:

It will be a very interesting head to head. I have held the lyr on a pedastal for quite a long time. And I really don't see it going anywhere even against the Asgard 2. The lyr and the ability to flavor the sound with tubes is good fun in it's own right. But if the A2, or mojo mini as I like to call it, can come close to the lyr that would be impressive. 

Hey Matt,
Give me a week and I'll give you my dopy opinion.
Just ordered an A2 and Bifrost to go along with my Lyr / Bifrost.

Opinion Please:
The only buds I've had are the new Apple iPhone5 buds.   Also had the iPhone4 buds.
What are some IEM's I that I should look at?
Let's say under $200

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #1,308 of 13,350
^^ Look no further. The vsonic gr07 mkii is just terrific. They go for about $150 shipped. I struggled for years to find an iem with a great sound signature that would give a good fit and seal. The gr07 has adjustable nozzles to let the angle fit in each ear perfectly. They have a great sound signature. Highly recommended. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #1,309 of 13,350
Quote:
^^ Look no further. The vsonic gr07 mkii is just terrific. They go for about $150 shipped. I struggled for years to find an iem with a great sound signature that would give a good fit and seal. The gr07 has adjustable nozzles to let the angle fit in each ear perfectly. They have a great sound signature. Highly recommended. 

Thanks O' bunch

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,310 of 13,350
^^ No problem. One request to the powers that be at Schitt. Oh how I wish that the power button was on the front of the chasis. I'm sure that there is a good design reason for this. But it's one of the few quirks about the Schitt amps that drives me nuts. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #1,311 of 13,350
^^ No problem. One request to the powers that be at Schitt. Oh how I wish that the power button was on the front of the chasis. I'm sure that there is a good design reason for this. But it's one of the few quirks about the Schitt amps that drives me nuts. 

YES! The idea of reaching into my rack over a hot class A chassis to flip a tiny power switch isn't super appealing!

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,312 of 13,350
Quote:

Indeed. No power switch on front of Schiit

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #1,313 of 13,350
I don't mind the rear power switch, but I do hope they put a front one on the statement gear. Statement isn't about saving money, so we should have the conveniences we are accustomed to, and expect to pay for proper implementation of such.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #1,314 of 13,350
If you read Jason's answer to this topic, you'll see that it is the proper implementation in his mind.  The AC power source and rectifier are in the back.  He doesn't want AC lines running all through the amp just to make the convenience of a front power switch.  The most expensive amp I own ($1500) also has a rear power switch.  Seems like there's more to it than just allowing for a clean face plate.

Quote:
I don't mind the rear power switch, but I do hope they put a front one on the statement gear. Statement isn't about saving money, so we should have the conveniences we are accustomed to, and expect to pay for proper implementation of such.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,315 of 13,350
And if you read the linked thread, someone mentions how it might be possible to use a DC switch to turn on the amp at added expense and perhaps size. This is what I was referring to.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,316 of 13,350
I hope IF for statement they do move the power to the front it's not a switch. That's still clunky and ugly.
I could do with some other implementation. However I'd still just prefer it be on the back.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,317 of 13,350
I'm no electrician or electrical engineer, but I would think the power switch needs to be before the rectifier in the circuit. I could be very wrong, though.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #1,318 of 13,350
I hope IF for statement they do move the power to the front it's not a switch. That's still clunky and ugly.
I could do with some other implementation. However I'd still just prefer it be on the back.

A button like is on the Bifrost/Gungnir DACs would be excellent, though it may have to function a bit different (deeper press likely).

Something common on many AVRs is a hard power switch that engages a stand-by mode with a soft touch actual power switch. Perhaps this is the answer. Would certainly be a statement. :cool:

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,319 of 13,350
Why not just plug them into a surge strip and hit the power on that instead?
I assume everyone has their schiit surge protected anyway right?

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #1,320 of 13,350
Why not just plug them into a surge strip and hit the power on that instead?

I assume everyone has their schiit surge protected anyway right?

My computer is plugged into the same set of plugs. Wouldn't be so great as I prefer to leave my computer on 24/7, and I don't always listen to my gear while at the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back