Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 12, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #991 of 13,350
Quote:
I was in the Schiit "HQ" yesterday to pick my Lyr & Bifrost and spoke to Alex the ops mgr for a good hour. I was told both the statement amp and dac would be under $2k. I'm already blanking on the figures he gave me, but they were under the 2 grand mark, of course I'm sure that's subject to change as development goes on. 

Glad you got to talk to Alex as he's a super nice dude. I'm also glad he gave a soft figure of under the $2k mark. With 2 products going end of life
it really seems impossible to know what direction the Schiit team has had to take and how that would affect projected costs.

All I know is I'm extremely excited to see how the DAC turns out. Oh, and yea, the amp, too. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #992 of 13,350
looking forward to the statement DAC.  i'm in the market to pick something up under 2k within the next year

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #993 of 13,350
Oh Schiit.

With that set of features, I'm having second guesses about my decision not to buy the statement amp but be "done" with Mjolnir and the statement DAC. Of course, I'm interested in how much of a difference in sound there will now be between the Mjolnir and statement amp. On that point, please Jason, enlighten us!

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #998 of 13,350
Is there a device that has the same functionality as the Apple Airport Express or AppleTV, except the S/PDIF optical handles 24/96 ?

EDIT: Audio use only

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #1,000 of 13,350
I'm seriously considering a Magni/Modi combo as my first headphone DAC/Amp.

I just like what I see about the company and I like how simple and solid the units look.

Right now, my first (only) pair of headphones are AT ATH-M50's, and I'm sure the combo will sound great. I'm wondering how the Magni/Modi combo will do in the future when I buy some additional headphones.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,001 of 13,350
Quote:
Is there a device that has the same functionality as the Apple Airport Express or AppleTV, except the S/PDIF optical handles 24/96 ?

EDIT: Audio use only

Depends by what you mean by functionality. There's the SBT.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #1,002 of 13,350
WiFi Box > S/PDIS Optical 24/96 > Bifrost > Lyr.
Access my iTunes Library via WiFi.   "AirPlay"

Right now I have to use my MacBook Pro to connect to the MacMini music server.

I could replace the MacBook Pro with either an Airport Extreme or an AppleTv but they are only 16 bit 48kHz

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,003 of 13,350
Quote:
WiFi Box > S/PDIS Optical 24/96 > Bifrost > Lyr.
Access my iTunes Library via WiFi.   "AirPlay"

Right now I have to use my MacBook Pro to connect to the MacMini music server.

I could replace the MacBook Pro with either an Airport Extreme or an AppleTv but they are only 16 bit 48kHz

I guess that all depends on how much 24/96 material you have. And again, there's the SBT which will play those sample rates.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,005 of 13,350
Quote:
Looks like Logitech doesn't make Squeezebox products any longer.

Ah, I forgot to mention that. Haha. End of life product. But you can still def pick 'em up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back