I know that's why i start with LoL.

Oh, no worries.  I figured you were smart enough to get the joke
smily_headphones1.gif
  My comment was directed at StanD, which is why I quoted him 
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #10,412 of 13,350

I knew some thin skinned chap would read that the wrong way 
wink.gif
  *sigh*  See, it's actually a compliment to short nerdy guys that a supermodel would marry them.

Checks with US Supreme Court again... nope, no marriage to a supermodel for Rangy... yet.

He knows what you've been posting, sleep with one eye open. 
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #10,413 of 13,350
Hahaha okay. I have a question tho. Let say I am about to upgrade my amp to lyr2, do I need to upgrade my dac also or modi 2 is enough for now?

Aug 2, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #10,416 of 13,350
Here a new Asgard2/Modi2Uber owner too.
Got them last Friday and have been listening ever since, only turning them off when I had to sleep. :)
They're driving an HE-400 and it's great.
As others, I noticed the HE-400 had a recessed mid freq, most noticable in voices sounding a bit distant,
but somehow the A2 grabs those mids and place them where they belong.
I'm not sure how it does that, I don't think the amp colors the sound but I just think the HE-400 finally
got enough juice to really shine.
As for the heat, yes it gets warm, but I also think it depends on someones heat tolerance, for me it's just
warm - after 4 hours on I can lay my hands on it nicely - but then again I go into hot baths where no one
dares to go in. :)
Anyway very happy Schiit owner here.

Aug 2, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #10,417 of 13,350
I just acquired the Lyr 2 a few weeks ago. The Lyr 2 makes all of my headphones sound great. The biggest improvement was how my AKG Q701s sound with the Lyr 2. The Lyr 2 really opened up the sound of the Q701s making them one of my favorite ones to listen to at the moment. I also have Grado RS-1s, and the Audeze LCD X which sound much improved with this amp as well. The Grado and the Audeze's sound good at low gain and the AKGs run on high gain. I like the versatility this amp has. I may get into some tube rolling later as it is still breaking in at this time and I like the sound as is.

Aug 2, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #10,418 of 13,350
  I just acquired the Lyr 2 a few weeks ago. The Lyr 2 makes all of my headphones sound great. The biggest improvement was how my AKG Q701s sound with the Lyr 2. The Lyr 2 really opened up the sound of the Q701s making them one of my favorite ones to listen to at the moment. I also have Grado RS-1s, and the Audeze LCD X which sound much improved with this amp as well. The Grado and the Audeze's sound good at low gain and the AKGs run on high gain. I like the versatility this amp has. I may get into some tube rolling later as it is still breaking in at this time and I like the sound as is.

I had all but given up on the AKG K701's until I heard them on the Lyr...all of a sudden they were more dynamic and had a lot more punch in the bass, which I didn't think possible with that headphone. Have you tried any IEM's on the Lyr 2? If it would provide a black background (Low Gain) with my W40's, like the Asgard 2 does, I would certainly consider buying the newer version. I use the Lyr for my planar headphones and the Asgard 2 as a preamp in my smaller stereo setup and for driving my B&W P7's and IEM's.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #10,419 of 13,350
In reference to your question about IEM's I do not own a pair, however I read that one of the improvements made on the Lyr 2 was a better S/N ratio to use them. I know when I pause the music I do not hear any noise or hum of any kind when in the high gain mode with my Q701s.​

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #10,421 of 13,350

Glad someone brought this up because, the other day I tried my JH16's with my Lyr 2 and I had mostly great results... mostly.

If you're running tubes that are a bit on the microphonic side of things, then your CIEMs will exacerbate that. I can literally hear my girlfriend talk to me through the tubes when wearing my CIEMs. When I decide to run my JH16's with the Lyr2, I usually put my stock tubes in because my Telefunken e88cc's are just too microphonic for sensitive CIEMs. 

All that being said, I really like what I'm hearing. I mean, the volume pot is super sensitive; I've got it "cranked" up to like 8 o'clock on the dial, at the most. This amp is incredible overkill for CIEMs... but it sounds really good. 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #10,422 of 13,350
Good lord, just a while ago, while I was relaxing in my cosy space chilling out with my favorite albums, all of a sudden I smelt something odd. 

Turns out my Magni 2 Uber was smoking. 

I wasn't pushing it too hard either, my DT1350s were on duty today. Now the Magni 2 Ubers sound a little weird, like all of a sudden they have greatly reduced brightness from before.

I can only hope this Schiit is covered under the warranty. Sigh.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #10,424 of 13,350
After a few days of having my Asgard2 and putting it and my headphones through their paces a bit some quick impressions.  Very impressive clean and clear sound presentation,  definitely pretty even signature.  Not bass heavy and gives an improvement of both sound quality and instrument separation to all of my headphones. It has improved the bass drive without overdriving the phones.  I was using the headphone jack on my Technics SA-5360 stereo tuner amp.  I would highly commend the Schiit Asgard2 to anyone looking for a really nice lower cost dedicated headphone amp.  It has opened my Shure 840's to the point that they sound very close to open air cans for those times when you need better isolation.

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #10,425 of 13,350
  He knows what you've been posting, sleep with one eye open. 
wink.gif

Hi StanD,

so... I imported the 3M Bumpon I ask you suggestion about for my Magni 2Uber.
Once it's arrived, due to excitements, I foolishly put the 3m Bumpon on my Modi 2 instead (at first), and then the Magni 2U after that. The thing is... I currently regret my decision to put them on the Modi 2. I like my Modi 2 slide freely while only the Magni 2U is using the Bumpon.

I tried taking the rubber feet off but it has been 3 hours now and it's already a little tight I can't take it off my Modi 2. Do you have any suggestion on how I can take them off?
hehe :D

solved :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back