Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #10,426 of 13,350

Hi StanD,

so... I imported the 3M Bumpon I ask you suggestion about for my Magni 2Uber.
Once it's arrived, due to excitements, I foolishly put the 3m Bumpon on my Modi 2 instead (at first), and then the Magni 2U after that. The thing is... I currently regret my decision to put them on the Modi 2. I like my Modi 2 slide freely while only the Magni 2U is using the Bumpon.

I tried taking the rubber feet off but it has been 3 hours now and it's already a little tight I can't take it off my Modi 2. Do you have any suggestion on how I can take them off?
hehe :D

solved :D

I assume you got over being too cautious and peeled them off with a little more gusto. Either that or your fired up your blowtorch.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #10,428 of 13,350

I found a superthin ruler and push the heck out of it. Tried regular ruler and my thumb, no dice. But it's solved now :D

You took a kinder gentler approach, myself, on the other hand would trim it off.... 

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #10,429 of 13,350
  You took a kinder gentler approach, myself, on the other hand would trim it off....

haha...

hey StanD may I ask you another question? 2 weeks back on another thread, there was somebody who asked about Modi / Magni adapter being warm when both units are off.

I read his post then, but never bothered to check my Magni 2 Uber adapter temp until today.. My Magni 2 Uber adapter apparently indeed gets slightly lukewarm even when the Magni 2 Uber is off. I wasn't aware of this initially and I think that based on my own laptop's adapter temp, that this is normal.

Is it normal for a Magni 2 Uber adapter to get slightly warm when the unit itself is off? How's your adapter doing?
I plugged my adapters all the time to Outlets and never bother to take them off. Should I take them off or do you think that that's normal?

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #10,430 of 13,350

haha...

hey StanD may I ask you another question? 2 weeks back on another thread, there was somebody who asked about Modi / Magni adapter being warm when both units are off.

I read his post then, but never bothered to check my Magni 2 Uber adapter temp until today.. My Magni 2 Uber adapter apparently indeed gets slightly lukewarm even when the Magni 2 Uber is off. I wasn't aware of this initially and I think that based on my own laptop's adapter temp, that this is normal.

Is it normal for a Magni 2 Uber adapter to get slightly warm when the unit itself is off? How's your adapter doing?
I plugged my adapters all the time to Outlets and never bother to take them off. Should I take them off or do you think that that's normal?

I'm not at home right now, however, I don't remember there being any issues. Maybe some others can ring in on this.

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #10,431 of 13,350
  I'm not at home right now, however, I don't remember there being any issues. Maybe some others can ring in on this.

I think it was on the Magni / Modi 2 Official thread. I was not subscribed to that one, and I was away a lot for the past month, I think I remember the discussion devolved to Steak and Mcdonalds in the end.

As far as I read them back then, the poster didn't reply anymore after a while, so I don't know what's the conclusion of that question.

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #10,432 of 13,350

I think it was on the Magni / Modi 2 Official thread. I was not subscribed to that one, and I was away a lot for the past month, I think I remember the discussion devolved to Steak and Mcdonalds in the end.

As far as I read them back then, the poster didn't reply anymore after a while, so I don't know what's the conclusion of that question.

Hopefully nobody will have to be singing that Jimi Hendrix song, "Somebody's House is Burning Down."

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #10,434 of 13,350

The transformer is still attached to the mains wether the amp, DAC or what have you is powered on. It is expected to be above ambient.

Sorry I'm not handy (plus non-native). What is mains and where is the transformer? Inside the Magni / Modi or inside the adapter?

Why external 3.5" drive like Seagate Expansion or WD My Book, the adapter is cold then in comparison? (No really I'm just curious, not challenging your point or anything). I assume that Hard Drive adapters have transformers that is attached to the mains as well right?

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #10,435 of 13,350
For those not reading the SchiitShow thread, new products have made their debut.

Gungnir now with multibit, plus the multibit upgrade card for current Gungnir owners.

The next product is actually two. Mjolnir 2 now comes with tubes...or a SS tube-alternative, LISST. Bonus, the tubes work and can come with with Lyr 2 (caveats for Lyr 1).

I think the game changer is LISST. Granted, there's only the one model right now, but it effectively offers a pure SS amp between Asgard and Mjolnir, and in future amps, I think that's a great way to roll different sounds. My hope is that a Valhalla set is in the works, too...if only so I can try it :)

P.S. Jason: please don't ever use LISST Tubes. That's just as bad as people saying "ATM Machine" and "PIN Number"...

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #10,436 of 13,350
For those not reading the SchiitShow thread, new products have made their debut.

Gungnir now with multibit, plus the multibit upgrade card for current Gungnir owners.

The next product is actually two. Mjolnir 2 now comes with tubes...or a SS tube-alternative, LISST. Bonus, the tubes work and can come with with Lyr 2 (caveats for Lyr 1).

I think the game changer is LISST. Granted, there's only the one model right now, but it effectively offers a pure SS amp between Asgard and Mjolnir, and in future amps, I think that's a great way to roll different sounds. My hope is that a Valhalla set is in the works, too...if only so I can try it
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. Jason: please don't ever use LISST Tubes. That's just as bad as people saying "ATM Machine" and "PIN Number"...

Thanks for the heads up.  The Lyr caveat is interesting.  I have no idea if I'm hearing the noise floor.  I don't think so, but how to tell.  Primary cans in question are HE-500s and HE-560s.  Everything sounds pretty damn dead quiet with the 1959 Hamburg E88CCs I'm running now.  Decisions decisions.

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #10,437 of 13,350
i am glad that I didn't sell my lyr 2 now. wonder if using the LISST tube will allow me to use my lyr 2 for headphone FR measurements. was never able to get accurate FR measurements for headphones with tubes on the lyr.

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #10,440 of 13,350
Damn curious about those new tubes. I don't think noise would be an issue with my can collection, but just not sure.

Well I just ordered so I'll answer my own question soon enough.

I look forward to reading your impressions.  Hope they 'wow' ya 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back