Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 29, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #8,056 of 13,350
Wow. And the little things we take for granted , here in the US. That's terrible what you have to go through.

i spent the rest of my life in Japan before moving to south east asia.

the worst part is paying $120 for 0.5mbps internet (well, it's 1mbps actually but who's counting when it's "up to"). and public censorship as well. so my google searches, first pages are usually local language sites or piracy sites. i think the DNS service that the ISP forces us to use, the google settings for that particular DNS, linked to somebody's google account that download a lot of stuff.

no judgement here, it's just facts.

---
i like company like schiit that do direct selling because the aftersales service of local distributor is flaky at best.

if any of you wanted to read about the local after sales service...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/429371/the-beyerdynamic-dt880-discussion-thread/8355#post_11149329

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #8,057 of 13,350
New to the club. Just got the Wyrd, Modi, and Vali for my home setup.

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #8,058 of 13,350
Have you tried Tor or i2p to get around censorship? I proxy and vpn all the time.
i spent the rest of my life in Japan before moving to south east asia.

the worst part is paying $120 for 0.5mbps internet (well, it's 1mbps actually but who's counting when it's "up to"). and public censorship as well. so my google searches, first pages are usually local language sites or piracy sites. i think the DNS service that the ISP forces us to use, the google settings for that particular DNS, linked to somebody's google account that download a lot of stuff.

no judgement here, it's just facts.

---
i like company like schiit that do direct selling because the aftersales service of local distributor is flaky at best.

if any of you wanted to read about the local after sales service...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/429371/the-beyerdynamic-dt880-discussion-thread/8355#post_11149329

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #8,060 of 13,350
New to the club. Just got the Wyrd, Modi, and Vali for my home setup.

Welcome to club Schiit, hope your rig always make your headphones sing like a muse of fire.:)

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #8,062 of 13,350
Have you tried Tor or i2p to get around censorship? I proxy and vpn all the time.

there is no way im using tor or VPN for 0.5mbps internet. those services makes internet access even slower.

im actually thinking of getting the 5mbps internet package. im still considering paying the fiber optic cable installation to my place though, that cost a lot. but the upside, the monthly payment will be $45 instead of the current one.

the fiber optic installation cost so much.

on the schiit end, i was considering getting wyrd initially.  but i didn't know what it'll do and i had my hands full of understanding the amps hehe!
magni is surprisingly smaller than i thought. it looks so cute

so congratulations whitedragon, if you could post here how wyrd affect your system that'd be great...

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #8,063 of 13,350

First time posting on the forums.

I currently run the A2/Uber Bifrost stack with my HE-500s. I just picked up the Uber Mag2/Mod2 stack for my dad to use with the AKG K7XX headphones I bought him for christmas. Going to sell my Mag/Mod 1 stack and save up for the lyr 2 next. Love my Schiit.

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #8,064 of 13,350

First time posting on the forums.

I currently run the A2/Uber Bifrost stack with my HE-500s. I just picked up the Uber Mag2/Mod2 stack for my dad to use with the AKG K7XX headphones I bought him for christmas. Going to sell my Mag/Mod 1 stack and save up for the lyr 2 next. Love my Schiit.

How does the Uber stack compare to the Asgard 2 and Uber Bifrost? I'm very interested in any opinions you could provide, especially with the Bifrost vs. the Modi 2 Uber. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #8,065 of 13,350

How does the Uber stack compare to the Asgard 2 and Uber Bifrost? I'm very interested in any opinions you could provide, especially with the Bifrost vs. the Modi 2 Uber. 

I just ordered today, so I won't be receiving them for a few weeks based on the email I received from customer service. Hopefully, by then, someone else will have this comparison up. If not, I'll do my best to give my impressions on the differences between the two. I'm fairly new to all this hifi quality equipment and terminology, so I may not be the best person to give my impressions in the appropriate thread.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #8,067 of 13,350
Dec 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #8,069 of 13,350
  I see...no big difference.
I thought I should worry :)

If I already owned a Magni 1, which I do, I wouldn't lose sleep over the Magni 2 unless I needed the gain switch or had a pair of 16 Ohm cans that needed a little more power. I'm not aware of any 16 Ohm cans that require the 2.1 Watts of the Uber. If I was buying the first time, I'd get the Uber. The Modi 2 Uber instills visions of a mini version of my Bifrost Uber USB at an astounding price.

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #8,070 of 13,350
the aluminium finish.

smart move on (jason) and schiit's part. magni 2 is an affordable amp. some subset of potential buyers would be people that are new to dac and amp world. to differentiate between magni 2 and magni 2 uber, add "aluminium" finish!

that works. at least to me personally it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back