Schiit Owners Unite
Nov 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #11,416 of 13,350
Quick question about the Schiit Valhalla 2, since I don't know where to post this

Does anybody know how well the LISST tubes work with the Valhalla 2? 

And also, has anybody bought a b-stock Schiit amp? How bad are the cosmetic damages? I plan on plasti-dipping my valhalla 2 black, so I'm wondering if I should just get the cheaper version instead.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #11,417 of 13,350
I received my new "B" stock less than a week ago. I had difficulty locating anything on it at all distracting. I finally discovered a tiny scrape directly above the volume today as I was very close to see how it as set. If this is typical and I knew I wanted to keep it ( no 15 day preview on "B") I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #11,418 of 13,350
Quick question about the Schiit Valhalla 2, since I don't know where to post this

Does anybody know how well the LISST tubes work with the Valhalla 2? 

And also, has anybody bought a b-stock Schiit amp? How bad are the cosmetic damages? I plan on plasti-dipping my valhalla 2 black, so I'm wondering if I should just get the cheaper version instead.
I've ordered b-stock a couple times and the imperfections are very small. You really have to look for it to locate it. Extra 50 bucks to spare

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #11,419 of 13,350
Their A stock has imperfections as well. I've had 5 pieces of Schiit in my stable over the years, and they've all had very minor blemishes. Very small. I'm guessing B stock is mostly returns or product that exceeds their threshold for acceptable blemishes.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #11,420 of 13,350
Their A stock has imperfections as well. I've had 5 pieces of Schiit in my stable over the years, and they've all had very minor blemishes. Very small. I'm guessing B stock is mostly returns or product that exceeds their threshold for acceptable blemishes.

I also have had 5 Schiit units over time, but have seen zero blemishes

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #11,422 of 13,350
Yggy and Rag LEDs match perfectly though.

We need @Baldr to offer thumb-in-the-eye-to-Krell blue LEDs again :wink:

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #11,426 of 13,350
I have a washer and dryer with orange LED controls.  I want to scrap the machines and get new ones just because of how hideous orange is as an LED.  It's a cheap color.  
Nice Blue: Expensive and fantastic
Nice White: Can be classy, can be cheap depending on the type.
Nice Red: Default.  
Nice Green:  Cheap.  Good feel.
Orange: Eyes bleed cheap.

Other Colors: exotic

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #11,428 of 13,350
  I have a washer and dryer with orange LED controls.  I want to scrap the machines and get new ones just because of how hideous orange is as an LED.  It's a cheap color.  
Nice Blue: Expensive and fantastic
Nice White: Cheap and good.
Nice Red: Default.  
Nice Green:  Cheap and good.
Orange: Eyes bleed cheap.

Other Colors: exotic

Interesting perspective ... :wink:

White LEDs are almost always a natively blue LED exciting a yellow phosphor to give the appearance of white ... in other words, they're typically more expensive than blue LEDs for the same mcd rating.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #11,430 of 13,350
  Oh.  I wasn't referring to cost.  I was referring to the impression the color gives :)
I'll retract the white as cheap. My Bifrost has white and looks very classy.

No, no ... I got what you meant! 
smile.gif

I just thought the perspective was interesting.  As an engineer (among other things), it's nice to see how some of our design choices are actually perceived.

I have an iDecco sitting around here somewhere.  It lights up the tube it uses, when its selected to be in-circuit, with a blue LED that looks rather silly.  In that case, orange would make more sense - though having seen orange LEDs on appliances myself, I'm with you on them just looking a bit naff there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back