Schiit Owners Unite
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #11,432 of 13,350
  That's funny.  The orange glow of tubes doesn't look cheap.  It's just orange LED's (see Maytag washer/dryers).  Seriously.  It makes me not want to do laundry more than naturally not wanting to do laundry.....

"Honey, I would have done the laundry, except I don't like the color of the display."  Pretty weak, you'd better sprain your ankle or something to get out of laundry duty.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #11,434 of 13,350
  That's funny.  The orange glow of tubes doesn't look cheap.  It's just orange LED's (see Maytag washer/dryers).  Seriously.  It makes me not want to do laundry more than naturally not wanting to do laundry.....

Washer and dryer are on the attic, so when the clothes are in there and the machines are turned on I immediately
go downstairs and do other things. I wouldn't even know which colors the leds have (if any).
biggrin.gif

In other words: for me it doesn't matter which colors leds have, in fact I wouldn't mind if they didn't have any leds at all.

Nov 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #11,439 of 13,350
Every time is switch gear I have to switch cables around. Do they sell a cable that allows more than one piece of gear to be hooked up. Thanks

Like one DAC to two amps?  A "Y" cable will work.

Nov 22, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #11,441 of 13,350
Exactly, Rick is that what you call it? You don't have a link by any chance.

Lots of RCA "Y" cables on Amazon. They all work.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=rca+y

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #11,442 of 13,350
And in the "FAQ" section of the Sys :

" Hey, can you use this in reverse to switch 1 input to two outputs?
Yes, with the volume all the way up. But why not just use RCA Y-cables or splitters, like these?  "

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #11,443 of 13,350
Exactly, Rick is that what you call it? You don't have a link by any chance.

It's not a good idea to leave a long piece of cable attached to the source without being terminated, usually to a piece of gear.  You won't blow anything up but it's not good for sound quality.  And if you're comparing two pieces of gear, don't be connected to both pieces at once.  The input circuit and ground from the idle piece of gear, *whether or not* it's turned on, can mess with the performance of the active piece.  Seriously, when comparing, make the effort to swap the cables.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #11,445 of 13,350
  Lots of RCA "Y" cables on Amazon. They all work.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=rca+y

There are "Y connectors" which split the signal - for example you can send the DAC output to two amps. Look at Monoprice.

I have 1 Modi and 2 amps, a magni and a Little Dot. So if I buy 2 of these http://www.amazon.com/Link-Triple-Shielded-Y-Adapter-Adapters/dp/B00TSF89KQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448329658&sr=1-6&keywords=rca+y

I can plug both my Magni and Little Dot to the Modi at the same time? Wow didn't know that... thank you!

A quick question, is there any degradation to sound quality or anything else (electrical or otherwise) that I should be concern about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back