Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #5,716 of 13,350

Yes, I feel like that is a loaded question though.  Should I not have?  They went above and beyond when I ordered my Lyr and Bifrost.

Please don't misunderstand me. I tried ordering a Mjolnir recently but it seems there is a delay in production and it wouldn't be available indefinitely. I'm also looking for an MJ myself.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #5,717 of 13,350
  Please don't misunderstand me. I tried ordering a Mjolnir recently but it seems there is a delay in production and it wouldn't be available indefinitely. I'm also looking for an MJ myself.

Hmmm the site says In Stock, I guess I'll see if I hear something back from them saying otherwise.  They used to be good about updating the stock status on the website.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #5,719 of 13,350
  Precisely my concern. Despite the XC's relatively high sensitivity, they should ideally be paired with a more powerful amp. But at $99, do you think it's worth a try?

To be frank with you, when I said it can drive planar headphones, it meant that it can provide enough volume that you need from it. But in terms of sound quality, I prefer my DT 990 Pro with the Magni instead of the HE-6 as the bass of the HE-6 was very thin when used with the Magni. I would suggest you to save up and buy a better amp for the XC as you might possibly hunting for another amp shortly after using it with the XC.  

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #5,720 of 13,350

Hmmm the site says In Stock, I guess I'll see if I hear something back from them saying otherwise.  They used to be good about updating the stock status on the website.

I'd suggest you write in to ask on the shipping status - that's what I did and then only did I get a reply stating production may be delayed up to a month or more. Still, they replied promptly and cancelled my payment since I didn't want to wait that long. I feel Schiit should update the status in their website.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #5,721 of 13,350
  To be frank with you, when I said it can drive planar headphones, it meant that it can provide enough volume that you need from it. But in terms of sound quality, I prefer my DT 990 Pro with the Magni instead of the HE-6 as the bass of the HE-6 was very thin when used with the Magni. I would suggest you to save up and buy a better amp for the XC as you might possibly hunting for another amp shortly after using it with the XC.  

That's a good point there. Was thinking of the MJ but since production has been delayed, I'm kinda lost as to another affordable alternative. The Ragnarok looks good but a bit pricey for me now.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #5,722 of 13,350
  That's a good point there. Was thinking of the MJ but since production has been delayed, I'm kinda lost as to another affordable alternative. The Ragnarok looks good but a bit pricey for me now.

You can wait for the MJ to be in stock. Ragnarok is a powerful amp which also can drive speakers. But I guess if you only want to use headphones, might as well get the MJ instead and spend the remaining money on a quality DAC. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #5,723 of 13,350
  I drove my HE-6 with the magni(max) to a decent volume and by this, I think it is sufficient for the XC. But the XC will benefit from a much more powerful amp. Using with the magni will have a very thin bass. 

How will more power than one would even need during a transient or peak be useful? Perhaps there's some expectation bias in the calculus?

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5,725 of 13,350
  Well life threw a curve ball and I'm back into the hobby sooner than I thought I'd be (what a bummer, lol).  I left off with HD650's, Gen 1 Lyr, and Gen 1 Bifrost, and I'll be returning a notch or two higher with the LCD-X, Mjolnir, and Gungnir.  Hopefully they'll pair well with the LCD-X.  I've seen several other Head-Fiers with the same setup, so it must not suck too bad.
smile.gif

Proud to own some Schiit again!

I would be quite curious to hear your thoughts on this combo when you spend some solid time with it!
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #5,726 of 13,350
  I'd suggest you write in to ask on the shipping status - that's what I did and then only did I get a reply stating production may be delayed up to a month or more. Still, they replied promptly and cancelled my payment since I didn't want to wait that long. I feel Schiit should update the status in their website.

I just got my tracking number for my order, so it looks like they had one for me.  You might want to contact them again?

I am so excited!  Get the X's tomorrow and the Schiit sometime early next week.
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #5,728 of 13,350
  Thanks for the heads-up...did you get the tracking for the Gungnir only or for the MJ as well? 

I would guess it will come as one shipment.  Don't see any reason they'd ship them separately.  There's nothing stating that they were split up.  In the past they contacted me when they couldn't ship my previous order together.  I changed my order to a Lyr back then and they put them in the same box.

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5,729 of 13,350
I would guess it will come as one shipment.  Don't see any reason they'd ship them separately.  There's nothing stating that they were split up.  In the past they contacted me when they couldn't ship my previous order together.  I changed my order to a Lyr back then and they put them in the same box.

Great! I just shot the Customer Service a mail to confirm before I place my order : )

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #5,730 of 13,350
  How will more power than one would even need during a transient or peak be useful? Perhaps there's some expectation bias in the calculus?

More power will be able to give you more headroom. It can also help in the bass department. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back