Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #4,606 of 13,350

Don't tell me I have to buy second Bifrost for my speaker setup too... 
biggrin.gif

nope, splitters work just fine !!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009MFRW0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #4,607 of 13,350

nope, splitters work just fine !!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009MFRW0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, the problem is my computer desk (with all the headphone gear) is in my studio and the big speaker setup is in the living room.
I'd have to get some long cables for all this.

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #4,608 of 13,350

Yeah, the problem is my computer desk (with all the headphone gear) is in my studio and the big speaker setup is in the living room.
I'd have to get some long cables for all this.

ahhhhh, gotcha

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #4,609 of 13,350
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #4,610 of 13,350

Heck, maybe I'll just get the Gungnir - my amplifiers are balanced there.

you can get a deal on demo's at audioadvisor from time to time

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #4,611 of 13,350
  I've used a soft cloth with just a hint of moisture.  Worked like a charm.

I've has no luck with that method unfortunately.  I mean, it's certainly not grimey or anything,  In fact it's clean, just looks like there's some streaking and rub marks in the finish that a lightly damped soft cloth doesn't seem to remedy.     Maybe I missed it on their site but I couldn't find a reference to what the housing is made out of  ( maybe I overlooked it).  Is it  Aluminum ?   which most polishes warn against using their products on.   or it is made of something else?   

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #4,612 of 13,350
  I've has no luck with that method unfortunately.  I mean, it's certainly not grimey or anything,  In fact it's clean, just looks like there's some streaking and rub marks in the finish that a lightly damped soft cloth doesn't seem to remedy.     Maybe I missed it on their site but I couldn't find a reference to what the housing is made out of  ( maybe I overlooked it).  Is it  Aluminum ?   which most polishes warn against using their products on.   or it is made of something else?   

The housings of the Modi, Magni and Vali are powder coated steel. The other products are aluminum, I think.

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #4,614 of 13,350

If the streaks don't come out with light rubbing and moisture, they must be left behind from the manufacturing process.  If that's the case, there's not much you can do about it.  I'd hesitate to put lipid-based chemicals on there to cover up the blemishes simply because the case gets so hot.  It could break down or discolor the chemicals, making it look even worse.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #4,615 of 13,350
do you guys think I should change my dacport lx to the modi?

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #4,618 of 13,350
What don't you like about it?

space consuming on my tiny desk. might even consider Loki. stacking saves my desk space

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #4,619 of 13,350
space consuming on my tiny desk. might even consider Loki. stacking saves my desk space

Loki is a DSD-only DAC.

Your DAC is pretty highly rated, so you won't get much in return from a new DAC unless you want to jump up a price bracket or two.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #4,620 of 13,350
Loki is a DSD-only DAC.

Your DAC is pretty highly rated, so you won't get much in return from a new DAC unless you want to jump up a price bracket or two.

then if from magni jump, which schiit to go? vali might be the only thing I can afford. others in my currency hitting a thousand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back