Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #4,591 of 13,350
Well, I know what my ears tell me.  The music is more alive with the new DAC.

If everything sounded the same, we'd all have the same gear and it would all cost the same.  $19.95, but order in the next 10 minutes and we'll double your offer for free, just pay separate shipping and handling. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #4,592 of 13,350
  As much as I love my Bifrost, the Gods of Asgard are not going to alter the music. 

Ah, heck, although I wanted to keep this under wraps, you stumbled on to our real secret: Aesir Sound Supplementation (ASS). In all Schiit products, the ASS system uses a tiny fragment of a long-lost Norse crystal to resonate with similar crystals in Asgard, where the Aesir work full-time to augment your music. This deal was not easy to implement; I hope you can appreciate all the effort that went into this, and sorry about that soul-selling "for all ancestors, for all eternity" clause in the owner's manual.

And, if you believe that, I have some $50,000 cables for you...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #4,593 of 13,350

Ah, heck, although I wanted to keep this under wraps, you stumbled on to our real secret: Aesir Sound Supplementation (ASS). In all Schiit products, the ASS system uses a tiny fragment of a long-lost Norse crystal to resonate with similar crystals in Asgard, where the Aesir work full-time to augment your music. This deal was not easy to implement; I hope you can appreciate all the effort that went into this, and sorry about that soul-selling "for all ancestors, for all eternity" clause in the owner's manual.

And, if you believe that, I have some $50,000 cables for you...

Once again, Jason wins the internet. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #4,594 of 13,350
  : ] finally someone who can connect on the same level with me. Listen to 2112, Freewill, Natural Science, and YYZ. Those songs made me go 
atsmile.gif

I too have a Bifrost Uber so I know we are both in music land 

The Bifrost Uber tore through Moving Pictures like a hot knife through butter.  It was amazing.  The bass and drums were alive and in my blood.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #4,596 of 13,350
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #4,597 of 13,350
I've owned a Vali for about 3 months, and a Modi for a couple of months. Earlier in February I got myself a Magni as a backup amp.

However, I'm finding I prefer the Magni over the Vali. The sound is clearer and more punchy than the Vali. The Vali is smoother, but it's like there is a film over the sound.  I also like the fact the lifespan of transistors is much greater than tubes (and no ringing!).

I think somewhere down the line, there is an Asgard 2 in my future.

It's great that Schiit is so focused on providing very good sound for reasonable prices.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #4,598 of 13,350
I've been listening to the Bifrost Uber pretty much all day now.  I can put my finger on its greatest triumph.

My Trafomatic Head One has an extremely wide soundstage.  When using the HD600 and V-DAC ii, it had a very "three blob" image.  If my head was a clock, sound was at 9:00, 12:00, and 3:00.  

With the Schiit, there is sound at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 pm.  It is a holistic image and it's wonderful.

Well done, Schiit.  Well done. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #4,600 of 13,350
  The Bifrost has me hearing my speakers like I never have before.  They sound better than they ever have.  The soundstage is incredible. 

Yep, as I mentioned earlier, the image is very 3D and holographic.  I had no idea my system could sound this good.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #4,601 of 13,350
Are there any other suggestions for cleaning the housing on the SCHIIT products.  another member posted having white streaks on the housing,  mine is the same.  one suggestion was lemon pledge sprayed on a microfiber cloth.   are there any other products and/or methods that folks here have used to clean up the smudges, prints, and white streaks left behind by damp cloth wiping?

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #4,602 of 13,350
  Are there any other suggestions for cleaning the housing on the SCHIIT products.  another member posted having white streaks on the housing,  mine is the same.  one suggestion was lemon pledge sprayed on a microfiber cloth.   are there any other products and/or methods that folks here have used to clean up the smudges, prints, and white streaks left behind by damp cloth wiping?

I've used a soft cloth with just a hint of moisture.  Worked like a charm.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #4,604 of 13,350
  Exactly.  I'm now back to listening to my speakers much more often.  Evenings and late night are for the cans.

Don't tell me I have to buy second Bifrost for my speaker setup too... 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #4,605 of 13,350

Don't tell me I have to buy second Bifrost for my speaker setup too... 
biggrin.gif

You really need to feed your speaker setup if you haven't tried it yet.  My Mirage speakers never sounded so good! I feed both my Yamaha receiver and Lyr from the Bifrost.  I split it at the output.  I have some adaptors that are at the post office for pickup.  Currently using short y cable adaptors now, but will have some solid block style adaptors once I pickup my parcel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back