Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,846 of 13,350
Quote:
Mikiphile:

Head-fi works in only 1 way...more of everything 
k701smile.gif
. From 1 solitary IEM last year to multiple over-the ear cans, DACs and Amps.... and no end in sight either. Having said that, I plan to give myself a tutorial on tubes this weekend. Thanks for the link.

I was going to just enjoy my HE-500s, pay off my debt, and then get SR-009s...but I'm heartily intrigued by the Annies and Mad Dogs.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,847 of 13,350
Are you using the stock silver cable? Yesterday I received my HE-500, the day before that my Lyr arrived. I ran with the silver cable and pleather pads for a day. Things sounded good but tonite I swapped the pleathers for a set of spare Beyer DT-990 pads I had on hand and swapped the silver cable with the Canare copper cable from my HE-400.........MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT in warmth and clarity and comfort. I'll never use that silver cable ever again.

I only have about 10 hours on the Lyr and HE-500 with the stock GE tubes. It sounds just incredible already.

I did order a set of 6N1P from Schiit along with with the Lyr and they turned out to be bad. Jason, in usual fashion, replied lightning quick and is sending out a replacement set. That is why I buy Schiit, great products, great service. I will have an Asgard 1, Lyr, and Bitfrost (waiting on it to ship) and very happy with this gear.

Not any longer I'm using these http://www.charlestoncablecompany.com/hifiman2.html.

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,849 of 13,350
Seems like the date gets pushed up every 10 days or so...now saying backorders shipping 4/12. Hope to have my amp by July! That said, in the long run, I'd just assume they work out the kinks. In the mean time, I'm getting itchy for  a DAC.

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,850 of 13,350
I am currently using a monoprice toslink > mini-toslink cable between my Gungnir and Mac Mini. Will anyone recommend a decent one to replace, please? Toxic Cables? Etc?

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,851 of 13,350
Quote:
I am currently using a monoprice toslink > mini-toslink cable between my Gungnir and Mac Mini. Will anyone recommend a decent one to replace, please? Toxic Cables? Etc?

Silflex

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,852 of 13,350
I actually like Cables2Go.  They are quite good for the money.  I notice so difference in sound when compared to expensive, exotic cables.  And, there should be none.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,859 of 13,350
Quote:
What is statement amp

The "statement" amp and DAC are new products that Schiit is working on now.  I don't think statement is the actual name, I believe Jason means that the products will make a 'statement' in the marketplace.  There are details in this thread, but the bottom line is that they will be about double the cost of the current high-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back