Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #1,876 of 13,350
I'm waiting for the Asgard-2. This will be my very first HP amp.

Has anyone received the Asgard -2?

I ordered mine January 25. The time keeps getting pushed back. This month, it's  gone from something like:
  1. 4/12 or 15-I can't remember at this point
  2.  4/25
  3. now 4/30

I don't mean to by bitchy, but we're talking over 3 months...

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,878 of 13,350
I had two previous A2s that got sent back due to transformer hum.  Other than that, they were bloody good sounding amps.

Quote:
I'm waiting for the Asgard-2. This will be my very first HP amp.

Has anyone received the Asgard -2?

I ordered mine January 25. The time keeps getting pushed back. This month, it's  gone from something like:
  1. 4/12 or 15-I can't remember at this point
  2.  4/25
  3. now 4/30

I don't mean to by bitchy, but we're talking over 3 months...

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,879 of 13,350
I've become a Schiit Hammer Head this week.
Next week have to choose my balanced Orthos - probably LCD2 rather than HE-6, otherwise the Mjolnir is just a pretty ornament.

Opera Consonance Reference Linear 2.2 -> Sicphones -> Denon D2000 (MarkL'ed) at the moment.

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #1,880 of 13,350
Quote:
Where is the Gugnir going to go in your chain there?

Your Cayin 88t is a hell of a great amp.  I was really bummed that it didn't have a headphone out or option or I probably would have gone with that over the Cary.  I have always loved the Cayin sound and their prices can't be beat, it's a lot like finding a rare vintage McIntosh at a garage sale for $100.  

I am waiting to see what the statement looks like before I upgrade.  I feel like I owe Schiit a chance to compete for my business on a true high end DAC before I jump ship to another brand.  I know that Jason and friends can pull off some miraculous ... schiit ... but I'm a little bummed out that he seems to outright dismiss the value of tubes having any place in a DAC, when some of the best ones I've heard have tubes as buffer.

Anyway enjoy your new toy and congratulations!

OHHH!!! Schiit....OHHH Schiit!!! I want to scream it out loud!! My dear GOD, I just have not even 5 minutes of music and everything has changed, is not the same anymore, it went from awesome music to superb, I can hear more details better soundstage and every single instrument.

My rig consist of:
Marantz DV7600 for CD. Coaxial to the DAC ( Schiit)  Have about 600 cd's All kind of music
Just plugged Apple Tv using the toslink to the DAC
Schiit gungnir  to the Audioblock P-100 preamplifier
Lyr from the second output of the gungnir
Rega Rp3 to the P-100
P-100 to the Cayin A88T to the Pre-In

I would definitely recommend closed eyes this Gungnir DAC, best purchase this year, would keep listening to music as days pass! 

Happy Listening

Does not matter what equipment you use, just enjoy music, it is the medicine to our souls! 

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,881 of 13,350
Well, I finally upgraded to a nice system, been a fledgling buyer for a while now, owning a pair of BeyerDynamic DT990's and a FiiO E17. I just upgraded to a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 100 and a Valhalla amp. I got the Valhalla for $200 used for 2 months so I'm happy :D 

Here is a pic of my set-up. I need a proper headphone stand and a turntable next!

EDIT: Having trouble adding pics... says that there is a problem connecting to the server.

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #1,882 of 13,350
Quote:
EDIT: Having trouble adding pics... says that there is a problem connecting to the server.

You may need to wait until you have more posts before you can add photos.  I know they put limits on accounts until you have been here for 15 days or 10 posts.

But in the mean time, Welcome to the Schiit stack...
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #1,883 of 13,350
Well, I finally upgraded to a nice system, been a fledgling buyer for a while now, owning a pair of BeyerDynamic DT990's and a FiiO E17. I just upgraded to a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 100 and a Valhalla amp. I got the Valhalla for $200 used for 2 months so I'm happy :D 

Here is a pic of my set-up. I need a proper headphone stand and a turntable next!

Congrats on the Valhalla, I hope you are ready to roll tubes !

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #1,884 of 13,350
Hello, I myself am looking to order the Magni as a birthday gift in the next week. I have had a pair of AKG Q701's bought for me as a surprise birthday gift. I was looking at buying a Little Dot I+ hybrid but after posting questions on their web site and not getting any answers, I decided to go with another company. I was looking at the HiFiMan EF2A but came across this thread and it sounds like the best deal (also on a tight budget) I will be using my ipod with rockbox installed with flac files. Does anyone foresee any problems driving the AKG's

Thanks for reading

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,890 of 13,350
Wow, I thought I would just send Schiit an e-mail with same question and they got back to me...on a Sunday.

I am defiantly ordering one.:)

They are incredible at getting back to you quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back