Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Aug 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #826 of 3,541
Quote:

So what you want is a forum full of corporate shills, who are here to hype amps and push more brainless consumerism.  Why don't you come over and give me a foot massage before you kiss my schiit mjolnir. 

Just as long as your foot is not redolent of garlic, which is not to my preference. Indeed the Schiit may appear at times, depending upon the structural counterpoise of one's favored transducer, to be ever so slightly dogmatically vigilant in rendering the tone colour of a multitude of musical instruments and human voice. Whether this is correct or not, who knows? We shall let you decide.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #827 of 3,541
Quote:

Just as long as your foot is not redolent of garlic, which is not to my preference. Indeed the Schiit may appear at times, depending upon the structural counterpoise of one's favored transducer, to be ever so slightly dogmatically vigilant in rendering the tone colour of a multitude of musical instruments and human voice. Whether this is correct or not, who knows? We shall let you decide.

What kind of catnip have you been smoking?

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #828 of 3,541
Quote:
Quote:
I think you're missing the point. There needs to be a way in which these amps are
differentiated, right. No one has said any of the above amps suck.
People's impressions (especially trusted one's) can be helpful in deciding
what is right for you. It gives you an idea, no different that measurements.

I'm arguing with that - I'm simply saying that "slow and veiled", "V-shaped" and "fuzzy highs" are pretty harsh words in the overall scheme of things.

People can be as harsh as they like describing gear. They just can't be harsh describing each other. 
wink.gif

That being said, it does help if people put their comments in perspective, ie: relative to what they are used to using, what music they are listening to and how loud etc. as that makes the comments more helpful. Someone who is more used to listening with top-of-the-line equipment and is fussy is going to be more picky about small things than someone who is stepping up for the first time to a better system.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #829 of 3,541
My Mjolnir "shipped" on Monday but no tracking updates.  Either USPS didn't scan it and it's still coming Wednesday, or they just printed out a shipping label for something that isn't actually in the mail yet.  Is anyone else's recently shipped Mjolnirs trackable?  I really don't want to sit around waiting for it eagerly if it's not actually coming.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #830 of 3,541
Mine took a while to leave and isn't flying too quick...

[size=1.1em] Priority Mail International Parcels

[size=1.1em] Processed Through Sort Facility[/size]

[size=1.1em] August 21, 2012, 12:53 pm[/size]

[size=1.1em] ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) [/size]

[size=1.1em] International Parcels[/size]

[size=1.1em] Arrived at Sort Facility[/size]

[size=1.1em] August 21, 2012, 12:52 pm[/size]

[size=1.1em] ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) [/size]

[size=1.1em] Electronic Shipping Info Received[/size]

[size=1.1em] August 21, 2012[/size]

[size=1.1em]  [/size]

[size=1.1em] Acceptance[/size]

[size=1.1em] August 20, 2012, 5:14 pm[/size]

[size=1.1em] NEWHALL, CA 91322 [/size]

[/size]

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #832 of 3,541
Mine, both the first and the one that is currently on it's way, took about 30 hours from Schiit saying they shipped until they appeared in the USPS tracking. And after "Processed through sort facility" in Los Angeles, no more updates until it's in your own country - and there it seems to depend upon where you live. Here in Sweden, updates were pretty good.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #834 of 3,541
Not how I read it.  Not overly warm but deep full bass with good dynamics.  Lean to me reads flat, lifeless.

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #836 of 3,541
Quote:

Indeed the Schiit may appear at times, depending upon the structural counterpoise of one's favored transducer, to be ever so slightly dogmatically vigilant in rendering the tone colour of a multitude of musical instruments and human voice. 

I'm going to put this on a shirt! All I need is a good fake reviewer name, and this will be quoted for the next half-decade as a real review (in unknowing irony by some, in hateful loathing by others.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #837 of 3,541
Marty DiBergi
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
David St. Hubbins

Quote:

I'm going to put this on a shirt! All I need is a good fake reviewer name, and this will be quoted for the next half-decade as a real review (in unknowing irony by some, in hateful loathing by others.)

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #838 of 3,541
Aug 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #840 of 3,541

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back