Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Aug 22, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #841 of 3,541
OMG that is priceless.

"and so I say, Schiit Into America!"

Sir Dennis Eton-Hogg

(I wonder how many people actually get this)...

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #843 of 3,541
It's a generational thing.  I'm finding people born after the 1980s are missing out on so much fine, historical pop culture.

Quote:
OMG that is priceless.
"and so I say, Schiit Into America!"
Sir Dennis Eton-Hogg
(I wonder how many people actually get this)...

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #844 of 3,541
Quote:

Please tell me this will be on the website for sale soon
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #845 of 3,541
I'd buy the shirt, have it ship with my mjolnir/gungnir combo please :p

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #848 of 3,541
Praise Jude, my amp finally got scanned, it's in my hometown now so it will come Thursday afternoon.  Prepare for the early impressions.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #849 of 3,541
Hey all,

In reference to the t-shirt discussion above...

We held off on offering Schiit schwag for a long time, because it seemed that most on-demand printers wanted, like $30 for an American Apparel t-shirt. In good conscience, we couldn't charge you that. Nor did we have the time to set up an actual production buy. So we sat on our butts and did nothing.

However, last night we found a place with decent pricing, and now we can finally offer you some shirts! Yes, including the "Indeed the Schiit" shirt:

schiit.spreadshirt.com

Note that we are taking zero commission on this--the shirts are the base Spreadshirt price. Bottom line, if we gotta try to get rich selling schwag, then we need to get a life. 

And yes, these are the more expensive American Apparel shirts. You didn't expect us to go with a non-US manufacturer, did you? Especially when American Apparel is made in Los Angeles, just a few minutes or hours drive from us, depending on the time of day.

Enjoy the shirts!

Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #850 of 3,541
This is great news! Loving this Schiit.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #852 of 3,541
Some quick straight out of the box impressions:

Well packed, heavy, very solid metal, nice build quality and appearance.  I would probably replace (personally) the Phillips head screws with something sexier.  Torx or socket caps plz.  

My initial impression is that it sounds better than the B22 or the Phoenix.  If I had any initial criticism with the HD800, I think that it's a bit aggressive, metallic, intense, maybe less sexy midrange than the B22.  It's still better than the Phoenix which is harsh with HD800.  But compared with B22 the Mjo has more treble detail, a slightly higher and more believable soundstage, the sound is overall more realistic, it has a lot more slam and excitement, the bass is better.  At $750, people would be insane not to buy one of these before anything else.  It's hardly more expensive than some portable amps. Considering that it costs $3000 to commission a new B22 and over $1000 to DIY a half decent one, you would be nuts to consider a B22 when this amp exists.  

Edit:  LCD3 is greatly preferable over HD800 with this amp.  It's just better in every way.  More natural, realistic, and just in a better balance.  This is still one of the best HD800 amps, though.

I will be editing this post as new things come to me. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #853 of 3,541
Quote:
Some quick straight out of the box impressions:

Well packed, heavy, very solid metal, nice build quality and appearance.  I would probably replace (personally) the Phillips head screws with something sexier.  Torx or socket caps plz.  

My initial impression is that it sounds better than the B22 or the Phoenix.  If I had any initial criticism with the HD800, I think that it's a bit aggressive, metallic, intense, maybe less sexy midrange than the B22.  It's still better than the Phoenix which is harsh with HD800.  But compared with B22 the Mjo has more treble detail, a slightly higher and more believable soundstage, the sound is overall more realistic, it has a lot more slam and excitement, the bass is better.  At $750, people would be insane not to buy one of these before anything else.  It's hardly more expensive than some portable amps. Considering that it costs $3000 to commission a new B22 and over $1000 to DIY a half decent one, you would be nuts to consider a B22 when this amp exists.  

Edit:  LCD3 is greatly preferable over HD800 with this amp.  It's just better in every way.  More natural, realistic, and just in a better balance.  This is still one of the best HD800 amps, though.

I will be editing this post as new things come to me. 

Haha, don't pull any punches--tell us how you really feel
smile.gif

The LCD3/Mjolnir pairing sounds like something I would really like to hear!

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #855 of 3,541
LCD3 + Mjo is outrageously good.  There's such powerful bass, texture and detail, beauty...everyone should shoot for this setup.  I'm using it with the AudioGD RE-7 DAC and the Audiophilleo1 USB transport.  

Also, yeah I expect to be trolled since I said it was real good right off the bat.  I can't help it if it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back