Save which 3 headphones if your house is on fire??
Aug 27, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 34
T50RP
Grado SR80i
Senn HD598

I can get a MDR-V6 anywhere

Can I bring my receiver too? It's probably the figurehead of my entire setup

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:
Inane thread.  This is so stereotypical of the type of threads which have become frequent here...redundant and insignificant.  Total stupidity!

How hypocritical of you to say this when you also posted in another thread called "Which song to play if you have 10 min to live?" How is that thread different from this? At least in a hypothetical situation, my thread has less morbidity than yours. And how shortsighted of you to see the humour in your thread but not mine.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 34

Quote:
Inane thread.  This is so stereotypical of the type of threads which have become frequent here...redundant and insignificant.  Total stupidity!

I have to agree with you in one respect. But then again I doubt the person is trying to be distasteful and is pretty much saying what 3 headphones you care for so much that you'd go that extra mile to keep them. If the post is so bad its better to not even post in all honesty. Its like watching someones video on youtube and making a disrespectful comment when it would have been better to have just saved your time and moved on.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #20 of 34

Quote:
I really don't think this thread was started with any intention of being offensive. Some people are much too sensitive. Those same negative emotions you're feeling, are capable of being had by others when they're accused of being "stupid" and "tasteless".

That being said, I think it should be changed to something more cheerful, like "Which 3 headphones to take on a vacation out of country" or something.

lol or what 3 headphones would you save if you hotel or vacations home went up in flames rflmao :wink:

(BTW that did happen to me and on my very first trip off of this rock, go figure).

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #22 of 34
I don't have many headphones in all honesty. I'd save my Denon 5000's, IE8 and EX1000s. Gotta grap a DAP as well though
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #23 of 34
Since I am fortunate enough to own just 3 then my order of preference would be.... Eek! Now that's the hard part:

K701
HD650
DT990 600 ohm.

Um. Then again.... 
rolleyes.gif
let's see. Ok ok ok...

DT990 600 ohm
K701
HD650

Oh, hail--I'd throw 'em all in one basket and flee!

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 34
I'd hate to think of leaving all my LPs that I've collected for 50 + yrs but to follow the rules, I'd grab my HD-800's and both cables, then my HD-650's with their 2 cables and last, I'd throw around my neck my "sleeping cans" the Audio-Technica "Air" AD-700's then jam in my pocket my external hard drive that's full of down loads......and last but not least my photos and documentation of all of my LPs and equipment for the Insurance company......

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #25 of 34
The only two I have right now. RS2 and K500.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #26 of 34
K501 only..everything else can be replaced quite easily.

I'd probably grab my Micro Amp before anything else too. I like it..a lot.

Oh and my E5. If I'm severely burned I'll be OK knowing I've saved it.

Ok, I made that last part up...

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #27 of 34

Quote:
K501 only..everything else can be replaced quite easily.

I'd probably grab my Micro Amp before anything else too. I like it..a lot.

Oh and my E5. If I'm severely burned I'll be OK knowing I've saved it.

Ok, I made that last part up...

lol yeah I was like really for an e5? (You must be frickin-frugal
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #28 of 34
Hd800 (coz I love them a disturbing amount)
Beyer t5p (coz its expensive ... And since I'll prob lose my amp in the fire, at least I have at least one low impedance headphone)
Hd650s (since im clearly racist and I only intend on saving the Germans ... Lol)

Sorry ad1000s, you didnt make the cut ... (despite the lack of the love for them on headfi, I still cant bring myself around to sell them)

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #29 of 34
Headphones would be last on my list of things to save in a fire, but if I've got everything else out, I'd grab my HD438 over my SR60 (only own these two).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back