Save which 3 headphones if your house is on fire??
Aug 27, 2011 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Nick01

500+ Head-Fier
Senn HD800, coz it's freaking expensive
Grado GS1000i coz I can't live without its bass.
Um...I can't decide between the Grado RS1 or the Alesandro MS Pro for the third one....I'm so gonna die in the fire....

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 34
SR-007 and SR-202.

Lucky I only have two.
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 34
Easy call over here since I only have 4

Grado 325i, AKG K601, Grado SR80i - in that order as the fire spreads

Sorry there little AT-M50

@Nick01

Have to think practically during these moments - Audiophile in Melbourne will want $999 to replace that
RS1 while Marcus at Headphonic will get you back on the MS-Pro wagon for $799. RS1 it is!

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 34
Painful thread.  My place actually did burn two nights ago (google fire costa mesa...I lived in the upstairs condo...not my garage where it started, either).  Anyway, can't answer the hypothetical but the firemen did take my headphones off of a rack in the living room (thankfully none were in my office) and put them under a tarp on the kitchen table. I've only checked the HD25s...as I wanted to grab something portable for the interim, and they seem fine.

Anyway, yep, plan ahead for stuff like this! I've dealt with emergency evacs when fires have swept through before (Laguna fire of '93 and San Diego county fire of 2003) but house fires in the middle of the night are a completely different matter!

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 34
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm (such nice sound)
Superlux HD-668B (because it's the best bang for the buck)
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (great for laid back easy listening)

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 34
 Well, I'm actually facing a real scenerio like this.
frown.gif
 Hurricane Irene is coming right for us and I live in a trailer. We're leaving in 2 hours to go to my sisters until it's over, and then coming back not knowing if I will have a home still or not. I'm taking my Ultrasone Pro 900s with me.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #8 of 34
Good luck, hopefully you will be able to return to your home with as little damage as possible done to it.  

Quote:
 Well, I'm actually facing a real scenerio like this.
frown.gif
 Hurricane Irene is coming right for us and I live in a trailer. We're leaving in 2 hours to go to my sisters until it's over, and then coming back not knowing if I will have a home still or not. I'm taking my Ultrasone Pro 900s with me.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #10 of 34
Inane thread.  This is so stereotypical of the type of threads which have become frequent here...redundant and insignificant.  Total stupidity!

Aug 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 34
I really don't think this thread was started with any intention of being offensive. Some people are much too sensitive. Those same negative emotions you're feeling, are capable of being had by others when they're accused of being "stupid" and "tasteless".

That being said, I think it should be changed to something more cheerful, like "Which 3 headphones to take on a vacation out of country" or something.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #15 of 34
We're are all different. Some people are not offended by this thread, some are. The ones who are offended, go away, don't post anything. This thread is only meant to be humourous. If you choose not to be amused, well...that's your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back