Rockbox'ed Sansa Fuze opinions?
Apr 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #76 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sansa E260 v.1 , w/4gb sdhc card RockBoxed.
I love it. Now i can EQ and CrossFeed .

It has enough battery for my use. I charge at night and run by day.
If i need more battery for some reason, i can just toggle it back to the stock firmware by holding the left button down during start.
I like choices.
I also like this model Sansa because the battery is user-replaceable.

My only minor gripe is i have albums in folders that i dragged and dropped to the SDHC card in MSC mode, and now when i want to put my whole collection on random-shuffle, it plays one folder and i have to tell it to play another. I dont think it can just shuffle all my songs and play them, so i cant just leave it in my pocket and play.

I have everything ripped MP3 lame 240kbps vbr.

Fixed :: settings> playback settings> auto change directory>random

Now it will skip around other folders in your library and not just in the folder you first played.
smily_headphones1.gif

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #77 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I current build doesn't have write support, so I cannot save EQ settings. Rockbox will return an error on any attempt to write: playlists, EQ, recording, anything.

My clip v2 is the same, cant write to it by saving settings etc but you can do some things manually by writing them to a config.cfg file literally writing in a text editor and copying the .cfg file to the relevant area in the .rockbox folder.this file is loaded and read on boot up.
check out the EQ presets folder in the .rockbox folder for examples of how to set up the eq.
if you make file called config.cfg and put your eq settings into it and then copy the file to the rockbox root the settings load on boot up instead of having to load a preset each time.

You can find full reference to config files in the Rockbox manual.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #78 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ALSO...from the Rockbox site....

I dont think Rockbox CROSSFADE is the same as Meiers or Headrooms.....

I think its just to go smoothly song to song....

Rockbox has both "crossfade" (under playback settings) and "crossFEED" (under sound settings).

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #79 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My clip v2 is the same, cant write to it by saving settings etc but you can do some things manually by writing them to a config.cfg file literally writing in a text editor and copying the .cfg file to the relevant area in the .rockbox folder.this file is loaded and read on boot up.
check out the EQ presets folder in the .rockbox folder for examples of how to set up the eq.
if you make file called config.cfg and put your eq settings into it and then copy the file to the rockbox root the settings load on boot up instead of having to load a preset each time.

You can find full reference to config files in the Rockbox manual.

Ooops, I forgot about that, thank you!

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #80 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rockbox has both "crossfade" (under playback settings) and "crossFEED" (under sound settings).

Ohhhh...lol
I think i had crossfeed on the brain and didnt even notice the spelling difference between crossFEED and crossFADE...lol
eek.gif

May 17, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #81 of 122
I never realized that Fuze is now rockboxe-able... :), and mine is definitely v1

If for some reason I need to switched the rockboxed Fuze, back to the Sansa firmware... would it be possible?

Thanks,
David

May 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #82 of 122

Quote:
I never realized that Fuze is now rockboxe-able... :), and mine is definitely v1

If for some reason I need to switched the rockboxed Fuze, back to the Sansa firmware... would it be possible?

Thanks,
David

Yes, it's dual-bootable.
You turn on Rockbox via hard-reset, pushing the on/off up and holding it up until the Rockbox screen appears. I recommend you download a theme to boot as well.

May 20, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #83 of 122
Can I rockbox the Fuze V2 with the automatic installer, or do I have to go through the manual install process...I see that there are builds for the V2, but not sure how to go about installing it...

Edit: nvm, it's manual...i'm gonna mess this up...

May 20, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #84 of 122
manual really isn't that difficult. I never did manual installation until my clip+ which was around a week or so ago. You just copy a couple files and the .rockbox folder and you load it up :)

May 21, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #85 of 122

Quote:
Great luck FLACvest! Mine is a V2 and I absolutely hate it for its gimpy (no, not that gimpy) file support, lack of gapless, bad EQ and the list goes on and on. It will remain in a drawer till Rockbox support comes along - or given away. It is horrid.

You can already put rockbox onto a V2 fuze. Its still "unstable" in the listing, but apparently it runs rather well.

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #86 of 122
Seems like the latest revision (r27411?) of Rockbox supports LOD! Simply replace the current .rockbox directory with the new patch.

So much better than the OF (Original Firmware) -- The OF has trouble managing the USB bandwidth when reading from a microSD and output-ing  to the LOD at the same time. The song playback stutters like it devotes its full attention to the microSD one sec, then the LOD the other. Rockbox handles this with no problem.

Seems like the current standing in LOD support is still "unstable" for version 1, and unavailable to version 2.

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #87 of 122

Quote:
Seems like the latest revision (r27411?) of Rockbox supports LOD! Simply replace the current .rockbox directory with the new patch.

So much better than the OF (Original Firmware) -- The OF has trouble managing the USB bandwidth when reading from a microSD and output-ing  to the LOD at the same time. The song playback stutters like it devotes its full attention to the microSD one sec, then the LOD the other. Rockbox handles this with no problem.

Seems like the current standing in LOD support is still "unstable" for version 1, and unavailable to version 2.

Wait...What did you say?  Rockbox and LOD together?!!?  Did I hear you right??  
eek.gif
  Someone confirm this build works and is stable!!

Edit - just read your last sentence, nvm.  I'll keep dumping on Sansa till it happens then.  

Jul 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #89 of 122

Quote:
Can I rockbox the Fuze V2 with the automatic installer, or do I have to go through the manual install process...I see that there are builds for the V2, but not sure how to go about installing it...

Edit: nvm, it's manual...i'm gonna mess this up...

The latest version for Fuze V2 (r27411) is now automatic install or manual.

Jul 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #90 of 122
I'm getting my hands on a V1 Fuze next week, which I will be trying Rockbox on.....but it will be my first experience with RB. Should be interesting!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back