Rockbox'ed Sansa Fuze opinions?
Apr 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #61 of 122
I have a Fuze paired with my IE8s, and I must say, they sound pro-league. A substantial improvement in detail above my e260.

Minor gripes: a substantial hit in battery life (from 20 hrs to 8), and occasional random skipping.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #63 of 122
How is the RockBox port working out on the V2, since the stock FW on my V2 Fuze sux badly.

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #64 of 122
It is great. No write support yet, so nothing saved: EQ, settings, playlists, even the database isn't available. I have to use files and then sort by folders, but it is so much better than that rubbish stock. You can apply EQ when you play it, but when it goes off, you have to start again.

Anyway, much better than stock Fuze V2 which is my least favourite of players (maybe even more so than the AMP3 Pro2)!

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #65 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is great. No write support yet, so nothing saved: EQ, settings, playlists, even the database isn't available. I have to use files and then sort by folders, but it is so much better than that rubbish stock. You can apply EQ when you play it, but when it goes off, you have to start again.
Anyway, much better than stock Fuze V2 which is my least favourite of players (maybe even more so than the AMP3 Pro2)!

If you were not already aware.
You can save settings manually by writing them into .cfg files.
This can be done by making a preset cfg for your EQ folder or by adding one with your values into your rockbox root and setting the EQ on by default.
This is what i do with my v2 clip, I am assuming the fuze is the same..

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #66 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Takes away WAY too much of the joy and point of portable audio. The original firmware is good enough for me until a stable rockbox is ready. Thats more like insisting on driving a manual transmission auto when you could drive an automatic for a while at a small hit in fuel milage. I have better things to do on the go than fiddle with those things. Of course, once a stable version is ready, I'm there!

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #67 of 122
Sansa E260 v.1 , w/4gb sdhc card RockBoxed.
I love it. Now i can EQ and CrossFeed .

It has enough battery for my use. I charge at night and run by day.
If i need more battery for some reason, i can just toggle it back to the stock firmware by holding the left button down during start.
I like choices.
I also like this model Sansa because the battery is user-replaceable.

My only minor gripe is i have albums in folders that i dragged and dropped to the SDHC card in MSC mode, and now when i want to put my whole collection on random-shuffle, it plays one folder and i have to tell it to play another. I dont think it can just shuffle all my songs and play them, so i cant just leave it in my pocket and play.

I have everything ripped MP3 lame 240kbps vbr.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #68 of 122
Do you mean when you choose a song in a folder that it only plays songs in that one folder? You can change it so it plays that one song and then next song is back on random through the entire database I think

I have the same player but it's been sitting in my desk for a while doing nothing
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #69 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you were not already aware.
You can save settings manually by writing them into .cfg files.
This can be done by making a preset cfg for your EQ folder or by adding one with your values into your rockbox root and setting the EQ on by default.
This is what i do with my v2 clip, I am assuming the fuze is the same..

I current build doesn't have write support, so I cannot save EQ settings. Rockbox will return an error on any attempt to write: playlists, EQ, recording, anything.

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #70 of 122
Is anyone else having problems with playlists transferred from MediaMonkey on to the card? The playlists work fine on the internal memory but won't play on the card (8gb). They show up (as a m3u file) but when you hit play, the song comes on for a moment, then stops. No play.

Also, is it just me or does the volume seem low? I set the replaygain at track and then upped the preamp to max. Good volume, but I have it maxed out on the amp when with the OF I have it set at 5 or so. I'm running it through a T3 with Ety4s.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #72 of 122
It just seems as if I'm missing something in the setup on the volume. I'll continue to tinker since it does work OK.

The playlist issue does have me stumped though.

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #73 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean when you choose a song in a folder that it only plays songs in that one folder? You can change it so it plays that one song and then next song is back on random through the entire database I think

I have the same player but it's been sitting in my desk for a while doing nothing
smily_headphones1.gif

All my music was ripped to my desktop to a folder. All music is in separate folders depending on album. Then i drag n dropped it to the sdhc card and stuck it into my sansa .
I chose random and shuffle on rockbox.

Now, when i play a song, i should be able to leave it alone and it should play the whole collection, but all it does is finish the album folder and stop.
It doesnt jump to another random folder and play another album.

On my zune, it will shuffle my whole collection, but on sansa w/rockbox it doesnt do that.

I dont want to have to move all my music individually to my playlist to do it........and id rather have everything in folders to find music by the same artist easier. I might have to remove all the folders and have all songs individually in one big folder in order to shuffle my whole collection, which would be very disorganized.

I thought Party-Mode would fix this, but it doesnt seem to.

Added: Seems like somebody is having the same problem with an Ipod> http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=22487.0

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #74 of 122
Rockbox should make its own CD ripper/media player for the computer. (Unless they have one i dont know about).

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #75 of 122
ALSO...from the Rockbox site....

I dont think Rockbox CROSSFADE is the same as Meiers or Headrooms.....

I think its just to go smoothly song to song....

From the site:::

7.8 Crossfade

This section controls the behavior of the crossfader. The crossfader, when enabled, smoothly fades one track into the next. This can occur in two situations: an automatic track change or a manual track skip. An automatic track change occurs at the end of the track, moving to the next track in the playlist without user intervention. A manual track skip goes to the next track immediately when the appropriate button is pressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back