Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Aug 31, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #331 of 1,316
Everything is back to normal. Thank you very much for your work.

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #333 of 1,316
Great work!!

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #334 of 1,316
One question and maybe sugestion. "First button press enables backlight only" - I like this one, but is there any chance to make this option available also only for power button. Just click power button to wake up the screen, but be able to change tracks and volume without waking up the screen at the same time. Hope that makes sense
atsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #335 of 1,316
  One question and maybe sugestion. "First button press enables backlight only" - I like this one, but is there any chance to make this option available also only for power button. Just click power button to wake up the screen, but be able to change tracks and volume without waking up the screen at the same time. Hope that makes sense
atsmile.gif

Setting that option to "no", does exactly what you described.

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #336 of 1,316
  New build now available for download.

Rockbox_DX90_0_3_0.zip

Change log
31/08/2014 - Further tweaks with memory usage, thread priority and buffering. Improves handling and delays with very long playlist.
       - The setting “First Buttonpress Enables Backlight only” when set to “Yes” will respond to all hardware buttons not just the Power button. If set to “No” the backlight remains off but will respond to touch commands.
       - The “backlight on hold” setting when set to “off” will now immediately turn off the backlight when the hold switch is activated.
       - New option “Off + Buttons disabled” under “backlight on hold” settings. When selected, activating the hold button ignores both touchscreen and hardware buttons. (Play/Pause, Rew, Fwd and Volume buttons)
       - New option “Buttons disabled, Backlight on” under “backlight on hold” settings. When selected, activating the hold button keeps the backlight on but ignores both touchscreen and hardware buttons. (Play/Pause, Rew, Fwd and Volume buttons)     

Man, that's just sweat. Averything i needed is now there! Thank's a bunch, and keep up incredible work :)

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #337 of 1,316
atsmile.gif

"Off" in "backlight on hold" does just that, but with Hold button. Power button is reserved for "Back" function. So, generaly, answere is no, I pretty much sure that messing with core rockbox funcrionality (like changing button wake from all to specific one button) would be a challenge, and even if it's not - what the point? This functionality already implemented, just with another button...

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #338 of 1,316
  "Off" in "backlight on hold" does just that, but with Hold button. Power button is reserved for "Back" function. So, generaly, answere is no, I pretty much sure that messing with core rockbox funcrionality (like changing button wake from all to specific one button) would be a challenge, and even if it's not - what the point? This functionality already implemented, just with another button...

True, I don't want to change the current behavior of the power button because it also perform the back/previous screen function. It could potentially break some screens and/or themes. With all the options available with the hold/lock switch. I think it's more than enough to handle most usage scenarios in terms of controlling backlight/sleep.

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #340 of 1,316
In Rockbox is small "bug" in wps screen. Wallpaper is aligned 1 pixel to left. It mean, that first column pixels of wallpaper is not visible and last column on screen is chaotic (show last column of menu or doubled last column of wallpaper). It is too visible in standart theme - example here can You see it:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/orcinus_/imgs/2/0/207baf6a.jpg
Is it general RB small bug in core or is chance to repair it?
I have idea, if I make wallpaper 321x240, maybe cover it. I will tested it on evening.

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #341 of 1,316
In Rockbox is small "bug" in wps screen. Wallpaper is aligned 1 pixel to left. It mean, that first column pixels of wallpaper is not visible and last column on screen is chaotic (show last column of menu or doubled last column of wallpaper). It is too visible in standart theme - example here can You see it:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/orcinus_/imgs/2/0/207baf6a.jpg
Is it general RB small bug in core or is chance to repair it?
I have idea, if I make wallpaper 321x240, maybe cover it. I will tested it on evening.

It does not seem like a Rockbox issue. It happens on DX50 as well. Check Cholero's post about it in the DX50 rockbox thread. It appears to be an issue with LCD screen used on both devices.

Keep us posted if your workaround can fix it.

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #342 of 1,316
It is no rockbox bug, it exists also with official Firmware. You can see it if you take a bright background image and make a 1px balck frame from m pixel 2-319, 2-239 on it.
You will see that on the left and at bottom the bright frame is cut off and on the right there is the last line repeated. The repeated line contains what there has been when screen has been turned on.

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #343 of 1,316
I wrote to iBasso because of that but don't have much hop that it will ever been fixed (or maybe can't).

I was surprised that I got a response at all:

Hi,
Thank you very much for the bug report. I am going to pass your email to our software department.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Sep 1, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #344 of 1,316
Hey headwhacker.
Thanks so much for all the work you have put into this.
After running this since it popped up for dx90 I still can't decide between lurkers or rb.
I alternate daily I think lol.
Both sound great.
I would argue that lurkers sounds more detail yet rb more neutral, but I just commit to that really either lol.

Great work!!

Sep 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #345 of 1,316
Hey headwhacker.
Thanks so much for all the work you have put into this.
After running this since it popped up for dx90 I still can't decide between lurkers or rb.
I alternate daily I think lol.
Both sound great.
I would argue that lurkers sounds more detail yet rb more neutral, but I just commit to that really either lol.

Great work!!

No worries then as you got both. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back