Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Aug 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #256 of 1,316
Sorry for the noob question, but can someone please link or post instructions on how to install lurker's firmware?  I've got the update.img ready.  Its been awhile since I've updated my DX50...not sure if its the same.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #257 of 1,316
1. copy update.img to the inside memory
2. choose "update firmware" from Settings - Advanced
3. do factory reset afterwards

its better if DX90 battery is fully charged when doing fw update.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #258 of 1,316
I always used iTunes to manage my library when I had an iPod. Therefore most of my files are mp3 or ALAC files. None of my album art is displaying on my DX90 with the latest rockbox. 

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #259 of 1,316
  I always used iTunes to manage my library when I had an iPod. Therefore most of my files are mp3 or ALAC files. None of my album art is displaying on my DX90 with the latest rockbox. 

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

If i remember correctly, iTunes doesn't embed any artwork and/or lyrics and staff inside media and rather keeps it in media DB, which it syncronizes along with media files. I would try something like mp3tag to check if it isn't a rockbox bug and fix it right away.

To rockbox: still have realy random crackling issues but it almost unnoticible. What worries me more is that with this build i had my rockbox settings reset several times with no apparent reason (battery wasn't low). Strangely, media DB didn't reset a single time.

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #260 of 1,316
If i remember correctly, iTunes doesn't embed any artwork and/or lyrics and staff inside media and rather keeps it in media DB, which it syncronizes along with media files. I would try something like mp3tag to check if it isn't a rockbox bug and fix it right away.

To rockbox: still have realy random crackling issues but it almost unnoticible. What worries me more is that with this build i had my rockbox settings reset several times with no apparent reason (battery wasn't low). Strangely, media DB didn't reset a single time.

By reset you mean rockbox reverts to default settings and themes? If yes, I notice the same behavior but only if I force a shutdown while rockbox is playing music. If I pause the music playing before I shut it down it does not reset the settings.

What I do as a workaround at the moment is turn on the hold switch before booting and select rockbox again. So you don't have to redo your settings. Another option is to save your settings to a file and then reload it when you need to. I have not look at the reason why it resets the settings yet.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #261 of 1,316

By reset you mean rockbox reverts to default settings and themes? If yes, I notice the same behavior but only if I force a shutdown while rockbox is playing music. If I pause the music playing before I shut it down it does not reset the settings.

What I do as a workaround at the moment is turn on the hold switch before booting and select rockbox again. So you don't have to redo your settings. Another option is to save your settings to a file and then reload it when you need to. I have not look at the reason why it resets the settings yet.

Guessed as much. But I could sware one time it did reset while it wasn't playing anything, Thanks for hold thing, will test that.
Saving file is not an option - its a portable one and I rarely have a PC around (phone won't do, 'cause rockbox not on sd) and, on the average, setting avarything manualy take about as much time as getting to PC and restoring settings file, IMHO.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #262 of 1,316
Guessed as much. But I could sware one time it did reset while it wasn't playing anything, Thanks for hold thing, will test that.
Saving file is not an option - its a portable one and I rarely have a PC around (phone won't do, 'cause rockbox not on sd) and, on the average, setting avarything manualy take about as much time as getting to PC and restoring settings file, IMHO.

You can save the settings as a file within DX90. And you can load it from rockbox. You don't need a PC for that. Check Settings -> Manage Settings. That will be saved on DX90's internal storage

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #264 of 1,316
I have Rockbox 0_1_4, but it make all versions. Maybe it is not bug, but it is not comfortable. When player is in Play screen and screen is off, firts press of any HW button (forw, rev, volume, ...) have not effect, but jump to Menu (screen is all time off). Second press have correct effect. But when I press power to screen on, player is in Menu. Is it possible modify this?

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #265 of 1,316
I have Rockbox 0_1_4, but it make all versions. Maybe it is not bug, but it is not comfortable. When player is in Play screen and screen is off, firts press of any HW button (forw, rev, volume, ...) have not effect, but jump to Menu (screen is all time off). Second press have correct effect. But when I press power to screen on, player is in Menu. Is it possible modify this?

Perhaps you have enabled this: Settings -> General settings -> Display -> LCD Settings -> First buttonpress enables backlight only. Also, from what you described you misinterpret buttons functions in rockbox - Power button is equal to back button, so if you press it to screen on you end up one level up, which is menu if you where on play screen.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #267 of 1,316
Guys, I can't seem to build the database. It finds items, and then just, doesn't do anything anymore, doesn't matter how long I let it do its thing. 
Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

I have with the latest release. Suggestion was to try with previous release, but I've been too lazy to do that and have just been using file browsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back