Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Aug 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #286 of 1,316
The battery indicator on my DX90 decreases with use on Mango. Haven't tested with the current build, but with older builds of Rockbox it just hangs out between 90-100% and never goes below that no matter how long I've used it. However, if I boot back into Mango the battery indicator shows depletion correctly.

With similar code I know the battery indicator does not work way back in DX50. But I only started to look at the battery indicator in DX90 since the latest build. I saw it go all the way down to 0% and shutdown after a couple of minutes after that.

The latest build actually prevents DX90 from going to sleep state (which I found is contributing to the crackling noise that appears randomly). it only turns off the backlight when idle time is triggered. I believe that may have influence on how the battery indicator work on DX90.

EDIT: Just got mine below 90% and still counting down.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #287 of 1,316

Does your settings revert every time you reboot? I only increase the delay launching rockbox to make sure the /mnt/sdcard partition is completely accessible where the personalized settings are being read. 

I haven't play with the full EQ yet and I seldom use it. What about the simple bass and treble settings? Does it take similarly long for changes to take effect like the full EQ?

The settings don't revert every time but about 30% of the time I start the DX90.

The delay also happens with the simple bass and treble settings.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #288 of 1,316
  New build now available for download

Rockbox_DX90_0_1_7.zip

Thanks for the effort headwhacker. I haven't tested the battery indicator yet, but the settings haven't reverted to default a single time since I installed the new build. :)

There are two new problems though.

1) I can confirm that, if you change the sound settings (e.g. bass, treble, balance, etc.), the changes only take effect after skipping to the next track.

2) When you play a song and fast forward to the end of the song (e.g. 30 secs before it ends) the album art disappears after a while and only comes back after skipping to the next song. This doesn't happen when listening to the last song of the playlist though. It is not a theme related issue.

Thanks again for all the hard work. Rockbox keeps getting better and better. :)

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #289 of 1,316
Ju

With similar code I know the battery indicator does not work way back in DX50. But I only started to look at the battery indicator in DX90 since the latest build. I saw it go all the way down to 0% and shutdown after a couple of minutes after that.

The latest build actually prevents DX90 from going to sleep state (which I found is contributing to the crackling noise that appears randomly). it only turns off the backlight when idle time is triggered. I believe that may have influence on how the battery indicator work on DX90.

EDIT: Just got mine below 90% and still counting down.

I just tested mine with the latest build. It was still 98% before the battery died...

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #290 of 1,316
ok thanks for testing. Reading the /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity for the battery level seems to be inconsistent.

EDIT:

I'm trying out a solution by reading the voltage instead. I'm just waiting till my DX90's battery is drained and see it gives a better indicator.

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #292 of 1,316
  ok thanks for testing. Reading the /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity for the battery level seems to be inconsistent.

EDIT:

I'm trying out a solution by reading the voltage instead. I'm just waiting till my DX90's battery is drained and see it gives a better indicator.

Voltage should work great.once you find your reference low V.
smile.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #296 of 1,316
  New build ready for download.

Rockbox_DX90_0_1_8.zip

Change log
18/08/2014 - Use voltage as battery level indicator.

Starting from 0.1.7 build i spotted some weird behavior of touchscreen: when it's not on hold and turns off it still is processing touches. As I walk with it in my pocket it was quite a surprise (i don't usualy use hold, because it's preventing from track seeking: just skips a minimal interval ignoring how long you hold next/prev)

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #297 of 1,316
Starting from 0.1.7 build i spotted some weird behavior of touchscreen: when it's not on hold and turns off it still is processing touches. As I walk with it in my pocket it was quite a surprise (i don't usualy use hold, because it's preventing from track seeking: just skips a minimal interval ignoring how long you hold next/prev)

It's normal starting at build 0_1_7. It only turns off the backlight but prevents the system (including the touchscreen) from going to sleep. Switching between sleep and awake states contribute to the audible noise (crackling noise) that can be heard on older builds while rockbox is filling or refilling audio and pcm buffers.

You will have to use the hold button more often now to deactivate the touchscreen :)

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #298 of 1,316
It's normal starting at build 0_1_7. It only turns off the backlight but prevents the system (including the touchscreen) from going to sleep. Switching between sleep and awake states contribute to the audible noise (crackling noise) that can be heard on older builds while rockbox is filling or refilling audio and pcm buffers.

You will have to use the hold button more often now to deactivate the touchscreen
smily_headphones1.gif

That's a bummer, but nothin i couldn't live with. At least, now i know that seeking on hold was fixed somewhere along the way :D
Btw, is it possible to make hold button toggle screen backlight (among inducing hold state)? Would reeeeeealy apreciate that :)

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #300 of 1,316
Flashed newest firmware and did a factory reset but still can't get DB to fully build in Rockbox even though it does fully build in Mango. Any idea how to fix this?

1. Make sure Rockbox only scans your SDCard (/mnt/external_sd)

2. In settings, the option "Gather Runtime Data" is set to "NO"

Both of them are in Settings -> General Settings -> Database.

If it's still not building, clear the contents of the rockbox folder in the DX90's internal storage.

If all else failed, there there is a file/s rockbox is unable to read in your SDCard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back