Rhapsodio thread
Dec 12, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #961 of 2,203
V2 is my favorite Rhapsodio IEM, no joke.

I was still contemplating cos Sammy gave me the option to upgrade my V1 to the V2. You felt it's worth it?

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #962 of 2,203
I tried both the V1 & V2 Galaxy (and the Solar) at the Indulgence Show in London earlier this year.

As said above, they share the same driver & in the context of a show audition (so not ideal) I found the differences to be noticeable but marginal (& as described above). Bought the V1 as they're considerably lighter & the form factor more comfortable (for me).

Why the Galaxy doesn't have a  far greater profile on Head-Fi is beyond me, but it's vivid, vivacious performance is absolute dynamite. Yes multi-BA's have the edge when it comes to control - but to me the Involvement, sheer drama & sense of 'being there' from the Galaxy is worth that modest sacrifice.

To anyone considering one, it's also worth noting that tip-rolling and cable selection make a substantial difference and can successfully tweak things to your satisfaction. I went with the Luna 2 for a deeper, tighter bass & superior spatial cues & layering. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #963 of 2,203
I was still contemplating cos Sammy gave me the option to upgrade my V1 to the V2. You felt it's worth it?

For me yes. Maybe not the best description, but the tonality of V1/V2 is like HD800/HD800S. Neutral vs musical, unforgiving vs all-rounder, and monitor vs listening enjoyment. As an added plus, the soundstage depth, air and separation are better on the V2. It suits my preferences very well.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #965 of 2,203

If the price is right, and you want more of the V2 features I listed over the V1, to me it's a no brainer

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #973 of 2,203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back