Rhapsodio thread
Dec 7, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #947 of 2,203

I haven't heard the Aurisonics Harmony, so can't compare. But for its current price ($650) I think the hybrid RDB Mk. IV is a pretty good deal
rolleyes.gif

Good point!

I haven't heard the Aurisonics Harmony, so can't compare. But for its current price ($650) I think the hybrid RDB Mk. IV is a pretty good deal
rolleyes.gif

Good point!

Thinking about it now. Top on the list! I love the design and color much more.

I would probably go with the Fender FXA7 (instead of Aurisonic Harmony) so I dont have to worry about the warranty issue.

I appreciate the input!

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #949 of 2,203
i'm actually kind of interested in that.  but i've been out of the game for a little.  what's the difference between the V1 and V2?  does it need a powerful source to drive it properly?

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #950 of 2,203
I was traveling to HK and was able to meet with Sammy at his shop. Great person.

Was able to try his IEM's and purchase a pair of Galaxy's V2. Awesome build, I found the sound to be more detailed than the Solar and with additional "punch" . Currently burning them in

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #951 of 2,203
That's how the original Galaxy was described, too.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #953 of 2,203
Have been using the Sakura cable. The build quality of this thing is pretty awesome. Not to mention the detail retrieval....pairs nicely with my Cosmic ears.

I'm starting to think a rhapsodio iem now....what's the difference between the galaxy v1 vs v2?

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #955 of 2,203
Here's what my ears hear,  as is the general consensus with the few people I know on here that have auditioned them or own them:

V1:
Smaller enclosure
More analytical
Less forgiving with poor recordings
Less bass
"Flat" sounding

V2:
Larger brass enclosure (more rigid)
More musical
More forgiving
More bass (in a good way)
Higher resolution
"Slightly" mid forward
More spatial, more airy, more separation

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #957 of 2,203
Thanks for the comparison between the v1 and v2.
Btw is the galaxy v2 available as a custom iem for maximum seal?

Thank you

The difference between V1 and V2 is only the shell, they use the same driver. The different housing gives V2 a warmer sound due to more mid-bass emphasis, while V1 is more neutral. 

The Galaxy is available as custom, but it will have its own variation of the sound based on the metal tube Sammy uses for the custom version.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #958 of 2,203
  The difference between V1 and V2 is only the shell, they use the same driver. The different housing gives V2 a warmer sound due to more mid-bass emphasis, while V1 is more neutral. 

The Galaxy is available as custom, but it will have its own variation of the sound based on the metal tube Sammy uses for the custom version.

Nice looks like another great Rhapsodio earphone release, that's 5 in a row - Rti1, Rti2, Solar, Galaxy V1, Galaxy V2 - good work Sammy

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #959 of 2,203

Thanks nic..

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #960 of 2,203
V2 is my favorite Rhapsodio IEM, no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back