Rhapsodio thread
Mar 3, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #2,191 of 2,203
I just ordered their silver medusa cable just to try out. I want more lean and clean sound with SV3. I tried eletec OTL, EA chiron cables and few other totl cables and they all made sound too thick and smooth which is a major turn off for SV3. Ironically, they all brought up the resolution and stage to higher notch but too much meat in sound, which doesn't go too well with SV3. I am in search of cable with more chillness. I believe silver cable is generally less warm.
Did you try Rhapsodio Luxe?

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #2,192 of 2,203
Did you try Rhapsodio Luxe?

No, I haven't. I am still in search of finding right cable for SV3 now. BTW, SV3 is not tuned differently based on where they are being sold, correct? For example, US vs Asian version. It seems a little more warmer than what I have envisioned based on the review out there. Do I need more burnin to refine the sound? If Luxe can make the sound more lean I would definitely try.

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #2,193 of 2,203
No, I haven't. I am still in search of finding right cable for SV3 now. BTW, SV3 is not tuned differently based on where they are being sold, correct? For example, US vs Asian version. It seems a little more warmer than what I have envisioned based on the review out there. Do I need more burnin to refine the sound? If Luxe can make the sound more lean I would definitely try.
Sv3 is an interesting thing.

Every pairs are totally different base on the burnin method of the users.

I have a customer purchased 4 pairs of SV3 for different type of music.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #2,194 of 2,203
I just ordered their silver medusa cable just to try out. I want more lean and clean sound with SV3. I tried eletec OTL, EA chiron cables and few other totl cables and they all made sound too thick and smooth which is a major turn off for SV3. Ironically, they all brought up the resolution and stage to higher notch but too much meat in sound, which doesn't go too well with SV3. I am in search of cable with more chillness. I believe silver cable is generally less warm.
I look forward to your findings as I find cable trial too fatiguing.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #2,195 of 2,203
Sv3 is an interesting thing.

Every pairs are totally different base on the burnin method of the users.

I have a customer purchased 4 pairs of SV3 for different type of music.

That is very interesting comment. Suppose I get another pair, what guarantees that my 2nd pair's different? :)
What burnin method do you recommend for my taste here?
Don't get me wrong, I still think SV3 is the best IEM I have ever experienced but it yields even more amazing results
under lean presentation. With its a gigantic sound stage sense of thickness in tonal balance could make the sound to
dispersed...Out of all this one thing I've noticed is that for its extreme level of clarity treble's never harsh or fatiguing.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #2,198 of 2,203
Thank you, I look forward to it.

So far stock cable appears to be best fit as it somehow brings the warmness/thickness down. I really want to test the silver cable on this.
Sound tends to change over the time during the burning phase so the thickness I am feeling is just a transitional state. I didn't feel it
sounded thick and mellow at all in the beginning. Damn, it takes too long to receive the cables ordered from overseas...

Ok I tested my few other IEMs and they are indeed more boomy and thicker in bass so it's a relief. Seems like my ears are going through
adjusting phase..:) Sometimes you need to make some comparison for reality check.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #2,199 of 2,203
Rhapsodio Iris vs Kz Zax? :)

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #2,200 of 2,203
Hi @Solarsammy I find your hybrid copper cable works extremely well with SV3. I like the sound coming out from the combination but the cable is just too heavy. :frowning2:
The stock cable came with SV3 works well but too fragile so didn't think it would last long. Do you have any cable which matches like copper hybrid but much lighter? Any recommendation? SV3 sounds so good so need the best cable to match.

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #2,201 of 2,203
Hi @Solarsammy I find your hybrid copper cable works extremely well with SV3. I like the sound coming out from the combination but the cable is just too heavy. :frowning2:
The stock cable came with SV3 works well but too fragile so didn't think it would last long. Do you have any cable which matches like copper hybrid but much lighter? Any recommendation? SV3 sounds so good so need the best cable to match.
Thanks. What is your budget?
You may pm me for further discussion on this.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #2,202 of 2,203
SV3 is quite addictive that I have not been able to go back to my other totl IEMs since having it. SV3 tends to sound rather cinematic not as open as Jewel or Ragnar but having amazing nuances with details, it gives the enchanting presentation on all genre. It's buttery smooth yet sounding so detailed and romantic. Bass blends in so naturally. You don't just listen but feel the music with it. I like it.

I also noticed SV3 requires very long burning time over 300+ to sound right. I tried just about dozen high-end cables but noticed it has to be pure occ silver, otherwise SV3 can sound overly hollow and mellow. SV3 is also ear-tip dependent and I found ELETECH Baroque Silicon tips works well for me.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #2,203 of 2,203
DSC02079 2.jpgDSC02041.jpg

RHAPSODIO SUPREME MK3:
A lot has changed for my preferences and gear setups since I first fell in love with the Rhapsodio Supreme MK2 ~3 years ago, but when I found out that I had the opportunity to have an extended listen with it outside of CanJam, I knew I had to see what else Sammy has cooked up.

First off, Sv3 is more revealing, technically proficient, and dynamic than the Sv2. At first, this can come across as a touch bright, or a bit too illuminating in the upper registries, but just like most Rhapsodios, synergy is everything. Granted, my portable DAP-game is MIA (lol @ L&P W2), but once I gave the Sv3 some serious power through my tube desktop rig with the Rockna stack + Woo Audio WA23 Luna, that gorgeous timbre and sensual midrange came to life tenfold. Staging is sophisticatedly and eloquently placed, with convincing instrument imaging and impressive microdynamics. My biggest issue with the previous Rhapsodio magnetostatic IEMs were that they were just not dynamic enough---they had impressive speed but were lacking in impact. And while Sv3 will not satisfy a basshead, it has a clean, tight punch to its transients that work well for its organic tonality.

As I am spiraling deeper and deeper into trying to maximize the most I can out of the Susvara, I can almost confidently say that the Sv3 (when synergized well) can compete with Susvara for timbre and beautiful portrayal of vocals and instruments. Acoustic guitars are goosebumps-inducingly realistic, with just the perfect blend of speed, texture, and decay. I think Sammy is really onto something with the magnetostatic driver for IEMs-it has planar beat on timbre and realism, albeit at the expense of some macrodynamics and sensitivity to source. Just like how I love to use the Susvara for genres I don't generally listen to such as classical, piano, orchestra, and vocal-centric tracks, the Supreme MK3 entices me the exact same way from the portable world. It simply provokes an emotional attachment to the music.

DSC02036 2.jpgDSC02067 2.jpg

The damn shame is that again, it will require finding that right DAP/chain, likely one with tons of power and that can add technical warmth to offset Sv3s rather finicky, quirky, even at times metallic default tonal signature. I've had this issue with the Rhap v2, where it was a bright, fatiguing IEM off the HiBy R8, but significantly different IEM off a warmer iBasso DAP (my favorite midrange of all-time). And the same with Rhapsodio Infinity MK2. But again, a lot has changed in the last 3 years and I think the understanding that synergy is everything in this hobby has grown, so I look forward to hearing if others also unlock the beauty that Supreme can offer. Kudos Sammy-expensive AF (especially when you have to find a TOTL cable for it), but Supreme V2/V3 really do stand in a league of their own for timbre, midrange, and texture IMHO.

DSC02051.jpg DSC02050.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back