Rhapsodio thread
Oct 16, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #811 of 2,203
He isnt joking, he says it makes a difference, and i think its called a far-infrared sticker.

I dont know the mechanism or the science behind it, but maybe its to do with resonantion of the shell? Thats the only thing i can think of.

No idea about infrared tech improving sound, in his fb page he stuck the stickers all over the internals of a portable amp. For IEMs he says it improves detail. Probably the only way we can tell the difference is by a/b-ing Solar and Solar Far Infrared.

Nope...he isn't joking about it afaik! I thought it had something to do with blocking of possible interference, resulting in an even cleaner sound. Not completely sure though and haven't tried it myself...

In that case I am very intrigued. I would love to hear the science behind this 

He said the stickers are re-usable and he gave me a few spares as well :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #812 of 2,203
Just curious: what cable did you pick (for Ref1?) and did you check the synergy of Solar/Galaxy with your QP1R?

I can sorta answer that. The QP1R is all about details, dynamism, and power. The Galaxy is a magical match with it. It has enough power for a full-bodied, musical experience, despite being super detailed. The Solar is also a pretty good match with it, but mainly bcos Solar is very easy to drive.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #813 of 2,203
I can sorta answer that. The QP1R is all about details, dynamism, and power. The Galaxy is a magical match with it. It has enough power for a full-bodied, musical experience, despite being super detailed. The Solar is also a pretty good match with it, but mainly bcos Solar is very easy to drive.

Thanks for this information! I'm still interested in the QP1R (might pick up a used one sometimes) althought the upcoming WM1A and DX200 are even higher on my dap shortlist...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/headfi.org/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Check the video by Dimitri if you haven't already, you get to see the Magician in the flesh!!

Some other very interesting information for Rhapsodio lovers in the video.

Nice and interesting video (thanks for sharing) indeed, especially the ''upcoming new edition of Galaxy'' part
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #814 of 2,203
Thanks for this information! I'm still interested in the QP1R (might pick up a used one sometimes) althought the upcoming WM1A and DX200 are even higher on my dap shortlist... 

QP1R has its shortcomings too. Even at its latest firmware the battery indicator is inaccurate, and the thing likes to switch off suddenly. I haven't even begun about "dat clickwheel". But if you can tolerate all that, the SQ is one of the very best from DAPs I've heard. A review from enjoyyourmusic.com says it pushes at AK380 level. I tend to agree.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #815 of 2,203
QP1R has its shortcomings too. Even at its latest firmware the battery indicator is inaccurate, and the thing likes to switch off suddenly. I haven't even begun about "dat clickwheel". But if you can tolerate all that, the SQ is one of the very best from DAPs I've heard. A review from enjoyyourmusic.com says it pushes at AK380 level. I tend to agree.

I heartily agree with this. If you can put up with some of it's physical failings, it's sound quality is truly up there with the best of them, at a fraction of the price. I have absolutely no regrets about going down the Questyle road 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #816 of 2,203

WM1A is the opposite of a reference DAP. If you are after a musical DAP that offers a good sense of space, WM1A will do the trick. I haven't heard the QP1R, but based on what I've read, QP1R should be quite the opposite of WM1A with greater resolution, detail and accuracy.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #817 of 2,203
Boys and girls, i'd love some opinions if anyone can spare a moment?

I'm a hairs breadth away from purchasing some Solars (great deal I've been offered) 

The thing is I can't really justify another set of IEMs right now, so it may involve me selling my Ref1 toos.

I'm unable to listen to the Solars before purchase, however from the dozens of reviews I've read I have no doubt I will love them. I guess the question I'm asking myself is will I love them more or less than the Ref1 too and which will pair better with my QP1R?

I realise no one can answer these questions for me, but I'd love to get opinions from folks that have at least listened to the same monitors or DAP.

Decisions, decisions eh?

I will undoubtedly end up with both for a while, before selling one on.

Answers on a postcard to the usual address 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #818 of 2,203
Boys and girls, i'd love some opinions if anyone can spare a moment?

I'm a hairs breadth away from purchasing some Solars (great deal I've been offered) 

The thing is I can't really justify another set of IEMs right now, so it may involve me selling my Ref1 toos.

I'm unable to listen to the Solars before purchase, however from the dozens of reviews I've read I have no doubt I will love them. I guess the question I'm asking myself is will I love them more or less than the Ref1 too and which will pair better with my QP1R?

I realise no one can answer these questions for me, but I'd love to get opinions from folks that have at least listened to the same monitors or DAP.

Decisions, decisions eh?

I will undoubtedly end up with both for a while, before selling one on.

Answers on a postcard to the usual address :D  

It will help the others know how best to make the comparison if you can explain what it is about the Tralucent you seek improvement upon. Or are you after a general improvement? Or perhaps nothing more than a mere change?

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #819 of 2,203
It will help the others know how best to make the comparison if you can explain what it is about the Tralucent you seek improvement upon. Or are you after a general improvement? Or perhaps nothing more than a mere change?

Honestly Pinky, I'm not sure if there is anything I'm particularly looking to change. I love the Ref1 but I have the opportunity to pick up the Solar for a great price and the reviews are excellent (yours included) So I guess part of this is me thinking out loud, whilst also garnering opinions from other members.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #825 of 2,203
I can't find any explanation in English. It s call 228元素from Japan.
Check it out.

​Thanks Sammy :)

Can anyone translate what the sticker does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back