Rhapsodio thread
Sep 30, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #781 of 2,203
  Thanks once again. Appreciate that.

@flinkenick Hi Nick, I've just read your review on the RTi2 and I've managed to get one used. What would your opinion be on a cable option. Since you did mention that the RTi2 is somewhat "dark" compared to the RTi1 and Solar, would the Dark Knight make it sound even darker? Or would pairing with a "brighter" cable be better?

Thanks in advance.

At the time I preferred it with the Silver Litz cable, it had a very nice bass texture and high resolution. It is also on the warmer side, so I wouldn't pair it with a warmer cable in general. But it was quite a long time ago, maybe @Blommen can add a few words as he has the RTi2 now.

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #783 of 2,203
I have just published my review of the 64Audio ADEL U12. There is an extensive comparison to Solar in there.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-u12-universal-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16993

Oct 2, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #784 of 2,203
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Frhapsodiohk%2Fposts%2F972439109532813&width=500" width="500" height="796" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Third generation litz golden has been completed weaving part, here's an early bird event okay?
PRICING HKD 2000 nt 8000, early bird hkd 680 NT 2800
Material remains gold silver copper alloys rizzi. Line
120 × 0.08 mm, line drive about 26 AWG
Listen as well, always thick warm acappella glam, xie xī meet with the generation
Choose Custom Brass Gold Plated 3.5 mm connector with anti-Radiation Disturb Carbon Fiber Shell
Third Generation Limited 150

Retail usd 300, early bird usd 130

Oct 2, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #785 of 2,203
  <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Frhapsodiohk%2Fposts%2F972439109532813&width=500" width="500" height="796" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Third generation litz golden has been completed weaving part, here's an early bird event okay?
Listen as well, always thick warm acappella glam, xie xī meet with the generation
Choose Custom Brass Gold Plated 3.5 mm connector with anti-Radiation Disturb Carbon Fiber Shell

Nice

Oct 2, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #786 of 2,203
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Frhapsodiohk%2Fposts%2F972439109532813&width=500</a>" width="500" height="796" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true">

But it is only for HK and Taiwan. Sorry

Oct 2, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #787 of 2,203
But it is only for HK and Taiwan. Sorry

Isn't that Racism? 
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #791 of 2,203
So guys, I just talked to xtr4 over pm and will post what I had to say about the RTi2 w/ Silver Litz as others might find it helpful:

"As you know I have the RTi2 from flinkenick and I wasn't really sure what I was getting when I bought it from him in regards to wether I would like it or not. Now that I own it I can tell you that I really like it, it is probably a "TOTL" monitor in regards to resolution, texture of acoustic strings and it is the most natural sound reproduction I have heard in an iem.

In terms of what the Silver Litz brings to the table I can tell you that it is an excellent pairing. I have tried it with a standard iem cable, a Linum BaX cable and the Rhapsodio copper OCC that came with it and this is clearly the best. It has a Black backround, meaning a very clear separation of the instruments, soundstage is deep rather than wide and it makes the RTi2 really be in the top iems in terms of resolution. The bass does not slam but is natural sounding with a perfect amount of decay, very dynamic. I use eq to give the bass a bit more emphasis and the RTi2 goes deep and has great texture. The highs are fine without eq'ing, Again very natural to my ears.

I will say, there are som cons to this cable. Firstly soundwise; IMO the cable is on the thin side for me. While it has great resolution I personally could do with more bass and body. Which is why I am considering to get the 2.98 as well. I don't find the RTi2 so warm that it needs a cable such as this to balance it out, but hey ymmv. Secondly buildwise; the cable is well build but thick and on the heavy side. Also it is rather stiff and if you are wearing a lot of hoodies with zippers like me it makes really annoying sounds when it hits the zippers. But for inside/stationary this is no problem.

I hope that helps, I am not a reviewer so bear with me:)"

Now, I have not heard as many iems as some of you guys so, you know, don't take this as gospel :wink:

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #792 of 2,203
So my Dark Knight cable finally came in the mail today. (thank you Sammy for putting up with my nagging :p)

Initial impressions as follows:

Source: RWAK100S
Amp: Headamp Pico Slim
IEM: RTi2
Cable: Dark Knight of course (impressions are against the original cable that came with the RTi2 (looks like a silver/copper mix))

Songs (album):
Carpenters - Yesterday Once More (The Ultimate Collection)
Christina Grimmie - Over Overthinking You (With Love)
Czech Philharmonic Orchestra - Princess Mononoke (Studio Ghibli Symphonic Collection)
Diana Krall - Desperado (Wallflower)
Yoko Shimomura - Somnus - Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Dramatica)
Eagles - Hotel California (Hell Freezes Over)
Ed Sheeran -  Nina, Thinking Out Loud (X)
Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven, Layla (Unplugged)
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (The Very Best of)
Rikki - Suteki da Ne (Final Fantasy X)
Fourplay - Chant (Behind the Sheets)
G. Dragon - Who You, Crooked, One of A Kind (Coup D'etat)
Gipsy Kings - Ai Mi Manera (Greatest Hits)
Guilty Crown - Krone (OST)
Guns and Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (Greatest Hits)
Illenium - I'll Be Your Reason (Ashes Kasaya Seeking Blue)
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World (Facing Future)
Jackie Evancho - Ave Maria, Vincent (Prelude to a Dream)
Joe Bonamassa - I Gave Up Everything For You, 'Cept The Blues (Live At Radio City Music Hall)

........enough for now hahaha

Build
The cable itself is very nice and sexy. The finish of the cable is a sight to behold and very nice to the touch, smooth with a slight matte finish. The carbon fibre splitter is a nice touch whilst the chin slider is decent (though I almost never use the slider for any cable).
Braiding isn't done overly taut which allows the cable to be wound up fairly easily.
Cable is fairly light and doesn't feel weighted over the ears when worn. Also doesn't bother me as a glasses wearer.
Very slight microphonic but it's not a deal breaker. I've used worse cables that was so microphonic you couldn't even turn your head without hearing your clothing against the cable.

Sound (not very articulate, so bear with me)
Treble
Nice extension and no noticeable peaks (to my ears). Better clarity than with the original cable. String instruments sound more precise especially guitars. Piano keys are also struck with more authority. Brighter yet not harsh.

Mids
Vocals are brought forward slightly which used to be slightly more laid back. Vocals also sound less veiled with much better clarity and tonality.

Bass
Tighter and more refined with a nice decay albeit shorter. Still very natural and textured.

Stage
One word; expansive. Goes wider and deeper. Improved air between instruments BUT with better precision of placements. Could easily place all sounds at their respective location in a 3D space.

Conclusion
Superb cable for its value. Brings forth improved clarity (similar to when I first heard the Mojo) and can pick up more of the music. It's also on the neutral side for me as it doesn't change much of the sound signature of the RTi2. Kudos to Sammy for making this cable.

Will write more when I've put in more hours on it. Cheers.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #795 of 2,203

London Show

Lovely meeting you today Sammy and thank you for my cable.

I was the guy with the Ref1 too and the QP1R

I'll let you know what I think about the magical stickers when I've had a proper chance to listen
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back