Rhapsodio thread
Oct 17, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #826 of 2,203
Don't forget your wallet.....just in case
wink.gif

Please share your thoughts later on...

Impressions wise, not much more to say than what other's have mentioned about the Solar and Galaxy.

Both are amazing IEM's but different flavours. Solar is skillfully coloured for an indulgent experience where as the Galaxy is certainly more studio monitor type presentation. Both are up there with the best.

I'm not sure which I prefered - I loved them both!

I did however get to try Sammy's new IEM :wink:. For me this was almost a bridge between Solar and Galaxy sound sig. wise. I'm not going to say anymore than that as I'm sure Sammy will reveal more when he's ready!

But it is very good.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #827 of 2,203
Nice, Sammy!  Is that the Sigma-delta design or the R2-R design?  Or are both equally good?
I am especially interested in the pairing with the Galaxy.  Many thanks!
I got both. They are really top grade in market with good price.
They drive Galaxy so well.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #828 of 2,203
Still kicking myself that I completely forgot to listen to the Rhapsodio IEM range. I got totally sidetracked :frowning2:

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #829 of 2,203
  Still kicking myself that I completely forgot to listen to the Rhapsodio IEM range. I got totally sidetracked :frowning2:

Yeah, didn't understand that part as well...maybe you were also distracted by Batman & Catwoman?
wink.gif

Well, if you have the opportunity to get a pair of Solars next to your Ref1 too (like you posted before) for a while, than you can always keep the one that you prefer the most. They probably (never heard the Ref1 too, but owning the 1plus2 myself) will have quite a different signature.

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #830 of 2,203

Yeah, didn't understand that part as well...maybe you were also distracted by Batman & Catwoman?
wink.gif

Well, if you have the opportunity to get a pair of Solars next to your Ref1 too (like you posted before) for a while, than you can always keep the one that you prefer the most. They probably (never heard the Ref1 too, but owning the 1plus2 myself) will have quite a different signature.

​Yeah, Sammy was posing for photos and I was heading downstairs, as there were a couple of music producers doing a talk I wanted to hear.

After that, I just plain forgot!

I'm so indecisive right now. I'm wondering if I'd rather have something a bit more reference sounding anyway, therefore the Galaxy comes into the running :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #833 of 2,203
  I've just joined the Solar club
ksc75smile.gif

Congrats and welcome!
101.jpg

You can check out any time you like, but...
wink.gif

Anyway, did you go custom or universal?

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #834 of 2,203
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #835 of 2,203
  I did however get to try Sammy's new IEM :wink:. For me this was almost a bridge between Solar and Galaxy sound sig. wise. I'm not going to say anymore than that as I'm sure Sammy will reveal more when he's ready!

But it is very good.

It is very, very good.   For studio artists and recording engineers, the original Galaxy is the best choice.   For everyone else, the new one is superior.

Supposedly, Sammy will have more details available this Friday.....stay tuned!

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #836 of 2,203
Stopped by Rhapsodio for a few hours on Sunday and had a lot of fun. Thanks to Sammy for letting me listen to so many things, including some new/not-for-sale stuff. Some new developments are coming. One soon-ish.  

I wasn't looking to purchase anything, as I already have the Zeus but of all the products I tried, I was really quite smitten with his own personal IEM (which is not in production). But maybe later a newer version will come out. 
biggrin.gif

Cheers for the abundance of useful stuff. And I'll be giving the Copper Wizard 4 a good try out later this week.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #837 of 2,203
My Solars have arrived!
biggrin.gif

Quick question for those in the know; Mine look a bit different to a lot of the images I have seen, as in I don't seem to have grills over the nozzles. Are mine an earlier version? or just an anomaly?

lol

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #838 of 2,203
Yep...that's the earlier version indeed. I had that one (without the wax guards) as well

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #839 of 2,203
  Yep...that's the earlier version indeed. I had that one (without the wax guards) as well

​Cool, thanks. Bar the wax guard, where there any other differences that you know of?

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #840 of 2,203
How does it sound to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back