Rhapsodio thread
Oct 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #841 of 2,203

Yep...that's the earlier version indeed. I had that one (without the wax guards) as well

​Cool, thanks. Bar the wax guard, where there any other differences that you know of?

I don't think there's a difference in sq/signature. I wasn't able to get all kind of tips applied on the nozzle though, but luckily the ones in the pic (that came with it) worked perfect for me.

Also curious about your first impressions => hopefully you'll like them
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #842 of 2,203
How does it sound to you?

Not sure yet, as I've not had them in my ears for more than 5 minutes :)

I don't think there's a difference in sq/signature. I wasn't able to get all kind of tips applied on the nozzle though, but luckily the ones in the pic (that came with it) worked perfect for me.

Also curious about your first impressions => hopefully you'll like them
ksc75smile.gif

​I battled with the nozzles too. It took me about 10 minutes to get a spiral dot on the right side, as they really are huge! lol

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #843 of 2,203
Not sure yet, as I've not had them in my ears for more than 5 minutes :)

​I battled with the nozzles too. It took me about 10 minutes to get a spiral dot on the right side, as they really are huge! lol
Stretch the tip . I slide the tips through a pen to loosen them up.

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #844 of 2,203
Stretch the tip . I slide the tips through a pen to loosen them up.

​I got it on eventually. Worked up a sweat though
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #845 of 2,203
Went to the Indulgence Show in the UK with the promise to myself that under no circumstances would I buy any more gear - not even a pack of eartips...

Came away with Rhapsodio Galaxy & Luna 2 cable. My only regret?... Not getting one of the ddS HA-01 dac/amps which is just stunning for the money, never mind the show price it was on offer for.

Many, many thanks to Sammy who let me sit there with my QP1R for absolutely ages - and several return visits to his stand - going back-n-forth between the Solar & Galaxy (with the odd detour through his new prototype) before taking the plunge.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #846 of 2,203
Went to the Indulgence Show in the UK with the promise to myself that under no circumstances would I buy any more gear - not even a pack of eartips...

Came away with Rhapsodio Galaxy & Luna 2 cable. My only regret?... Not getting one of the ddS HA-01 dac/amps which is just stunning for the money, never mind the show price it was on offer for.

Many, many thanks to Sammy who let me sit there with my QP1R for absolutely ages - and several return visits to his stand - going back-n-forth between the Solar & Galaxy (with the odd detour through his new prototype) before taking the plunge.

So you preferred the original galaxy to the "prototype"?

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #847 of 2,203
So you preferred the original galaxy to the "prototype"?

At the point I pulled the trigger yes - 10 mins later & it could've been the new one. It's very good - & as someone said earlier - sits between the Solar & Galaxy (though closer to the Galaxy) sig-wise. It was other factors of personal preference that ultimately tipped it for me, but it should be Sammy that gets to give you the full details.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #848 of 2,203
Really enjoying the Solars right now. Less bass than the Ref1 toos, but more refined and better textured. Treble is more extended and a bit more sparkly, giving a better balance and the layering and sound stage are to die for!

I had that initial panic you get with a new IEM, after listening to something else for a while, where to start with everything just sounds wrong! but after a few hours of listening, I was able to really appreciate the differences and truly embrace the new signature.

I'm heading to bed now and I genuinely can't wait to get up in the morning and start listening to music again 
biggrin.gif

The Ref1s are on there way out the door.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #849 of 2,203
What cable would people recommend for the Solar?

I have the Pandora cable that came with it, as well as the RSD OCC Mk2 and the Toxic Silver Widow.

I'm not 100% convinced cable swapping can make the difference some people claim, either that or my ears just aren't as finely tuned, however I'm willing to give it a go in the vague hope I may one day hear a difference. I do like a nice looking cable though 
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #850 of 2,203
What cable would people recommend for the Solar?

I have the Pandora cable that came with it, as well as the RSD OCC Mk2 and the Toxic Silver Widow.

I'm not 100% convinced cable swapping can make the difference some people claim, either that or my ears just aren't as finely tuned, however I'm willing to give it a go in the vague hope I may one day hear a difference. I do like a nice looking cable though :D

I say go for whichever cable is most comfortable. I really don't like the ergonomics of the Pandora. It's so scratchy and stiff.

I ended up building my own...

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #851 of 2,203
I say go for whichever cable is most comfortable. I really don't like the ergonomics of the Pandora. It's so scratchy and stiff.

I ended up building my own...

Yep, didn't even try the Pandora as it looked and felt horrible (Sorry Sammy, it's not a pretty cable)

I will probably stick with my RSD OCC Mk2 and my Silver Widow then, or as I think of them; My pretty copper cable and my pretty silver cable 
biggrin.gif

By the way, that's a mighty fine cable you've built there Pinky

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #852 of 2,203
I have a cheap IEM that has a pretty basic cable on it.   When I cable swapped it to the dark knight cable, there was an obvious difference in sound.

Going from a good cable to a good cable may be harder to discern the difference, but going from a basic cable to a very good cable is much easier imo.  YMMV.

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #854 of 2,203
Is your DIY costing more than the stock cable?

Anybody else's stock cable? Yes. But Rhapsodio's Pandora is no ordinary cable. It's OCC SPC. In every way it's a custom upgrade cable. They cost $150. I was able to build mine for maybe $60.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #855 of 2,203
Sammy has some big news coming on the 28th....stay tuned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back