Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 10, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #1,127 of 2,508
  Yes, solar is very balanced IMO, just like JH13 FP. JH13 FP to my ears is a little bit mid forward but still within the range of balanced, solar is slightly lower treble forward with more bass presence, again very balanced. 

If you imaging shifting 8-10k Hz peak in H8P to a slightly lower energy at 6-8k Hz, you will get a what a solar will sound like. 
It's very hard to describe the subtle difference, I would say H8P sound more hifi, analytical, warmer, while solar sounds clearer and thinner without losing the hifi character. 

Sounds like you've experienced pretty much the whole range of TOTL iems. I haven't heard anyone use the word, 'thinner'...and it's a bit of a concern for me. I know you used it comparatively but I'm after a warmer, slightly thickish sound with no fatiguing whatsoever:  natural - yes, balanced - yes, detailed - yes please...but thin in any way, or bright - please noooo!

Is the Solar really up there in quality/experience for you with HP8, Roxanne and all the very top stuff ...and how non-fatiguing, smooth/warmish do you find it? 

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,128 of 2,508
  It is nice to see this thread and when you wake up there are actually posts to catch up on to read.

Good morning buddy. I thought the same 4 hours ago when I woke up 
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #1,129 of 2,508
Hey guys, this iem is simply incredible!
I just got it and will do listening later and all this week, will write a review, a first, so bear with me:beers:

did you go custom or universal ?

wow, 130 new posts - nice to see this thread getting some deserved love

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,131 of 2,508
Good morning buddy. I thought the same 4 hours ago when I woke up :wink:

I might be too late to join the W500 club with you, but the Solar group sounds just as fun. Hope to get one soon.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,132 of 2,508
  Erik recently reminded me of this thread when he first posted his review a few months ago.. there was a month silence. We've come a long way since.

Yeah...a month of complete silence! That was quite a shock at that time
eek.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/703315/rhapsodio-an-overlooked-brand-of-nice-iems/345#post_11763322

But now, this thread's on a roll, thanks to all you guys!!!
and I guess nobody's gonna stop this ?olar express from now on
wink.gif

tumblr_inline_mw3yuscajD1qbiocu.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #1,133 of 2,508
Yeah...a month of utterly silence! That was quite a shock at that time :eek:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/703315/rhapsodio-an-overlooked-brand-of-nice-iems/345#post_11763322

But now, this thread's on a roll, thanks to all you guys!!!
and I guess nobody's gonna stop this ?olar express from now on :wink:
tumblr_inline_mw3yuscajD1qbiocu.gif

My carelessness and stupidity have stopped the Solar Express: I sent $1250 to the wrong PayPal address. Thankfully it was unclaimed and I got the opportunity to cancel the transaction.

Need to wait for the money back before I attempt another order.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,135 of 2,508
  Sounds like you've experienced pretty much the whole range of TOTL iems. I haven't heard anyone use the word, 'thinner'...and it's a bit of a concern for me. I know you used it comparatively but I'm after a warmer, slightly thickish sound with no fatiguing whatsoever:  natural - yes, balanced - yes, detailed - yes please...but thin in any way, or bright - please noooo!

Is the Solar really up there in quality/experience for you with HP8, Roxanne and all the very top stuff ...and how non-fatiguing, smooth/warmish do you find it? 

You know I was exactly like you when I first started this hobby. Anything thin or bright or analytical or sharp, Hell no! But that's not the case at all when I listen to more gears even for the same type of music genres, you gonna realize this is just a mind trap that's making you stick with one side of the polarity. Thin/bright monitors has something that warm, fuller monitors can never offer, vise versa. And also if we stop thinking about: "ohh this one is gonna the best/end game for me", then we will let go of the compulsive need for certain type of sound signature. And normally you will need more than 2-3 CIEMs, because when you listening to too much full and warm sound, you just want to experience something fresh and clear. This is exactly what happened to me, I always go from one side to another, but always within the range of neutral though. Can't go too much off center.

Bright/thin or warm/thick that's not the problem, the importance is coherence and balance, I have heard of bright IEM sounds thick and warm IEM sound thin. Anyways, solar is laid back (relatively thin) on the mid region, but the bass and lower treble back things up impressively, leading to an overall balanced presentation. so thinness is nothing to worry about, but if you are those type of guys (specially new audiophiles) who is very treble sensitive. you do need to consider going for the universal version, because that way you can adjust your treble with different tips. I won't be surprised if people who get the custom version of solar find it a lil bit brighter than neutral.

Hope this helps you buddy:)

Oh for your last question, this it is up there with H8P and roxanne, I actually prefer solar over H8P and roxanne for right now. It is smooth, non-fatiguing for me, but warmish? nope, it's definitely not a warm IEM.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,136 of 2,508

Yes up there and on top.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,138 of 2,508
My carelessness and stupidity have stopped the Solar Express: I sent $1250 to the wrong PayPal address. Thankfully it was unclaimed and I got the opportunity to cancel the transaction.

Need to wait for the money back before I attempt another order.

Aww man ... that sucks. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #1,139 of 2,508
  You know I was exactly like you when I first started this hobby. Anything thin or bright or analytical or sharp, Hell no! But that's not the case at all when I listen to more gears even for the same type of music genres, you gonna realize this is just a mind trap that's making you stick with one side of the polarity. Thin/bright monitors has something that warm, fuller monitors can never offer, vise versa. And also if we stop thinking about: "ohh this one is gonna the best/end game for me", then we will let go of the compulsive need for certain type of sound signature. And normally you will need more than 2-3 CIEMs, because when you listening to too much full and warm sound, you just want to experience something fresh and clear. This is exactly what happened to me, I always go from one side to another, but always within the range of neutral though. Can't go too much off center.

Bright/thin or warm/thick that's not the problem, the importance is coherence and balance, I have heard of bright IEM sounds thick and warm IEM sound thin. Anyways, solar is laid back (relatively thin) on the mid region, but the bass and lower treble back things up impressively, leading to an overall balanced presentation. so thinness is nothing to worry about, but if you are those type of guys (specially new audiophiles) who is very treble sensitive. you do need to consider going for the universal version, because that way you can adjust your treble with different tips. I won't be surprised if people who get the custom version of solar find it a lil bit brighter than neutral.

Hope this helps you buddy:)

Oh for your last question, this it is up there with H8P and roxanne, I actually prefer solar over H8P and roxanne for right now. It is smooth, non-fatiguing for me, but warmish? nope, it's definitely not a warm IEM.

...If only I was just starting out...
confused_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #1,140 of 2,508
I don't think he meant to imply you are inexperienced or so. I recognize a lot myself from both your questions and his answers. I also wanted nothing to do with thin or bright iems.

That being said, I really don't think the Solar is thin at all - by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back